The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, IronWill said:

When do people think the spearhead stuff will be released separately? It seems like spearhead will be hard to play with out the physical cards.

There will be a Spearhead: Fire & Jade Gaming Pack containing game board, terrain and cards. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced it next Sunday or in two-weeks time

New Starter Sets are coming for pre-order on the 27th of July

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Only Indomitus preorder went bananas and scalpers made a lot money . GW partially repaired with a made to order for those remained without box .

Dominion was probably overproduced ( 32.000 copies on EU website with gadgets) and there was no problem to get a copy.

Leviathan was sold out ( 50.000 copies on EU website with gadgets) but with new queue system apparently everybody managed to have a copy. 

Where did you see those numbers? Out of curiosity. 

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Where did you see those numbers? Out of curiosity. 

They were under term and conditions on online preorder of Dominion and Leviathan : in both cases you could have a gadget for free ( 32.000 for Domionion and 50.000 for Leviathan)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Elarin said:

There will be a Spearhead: Fire & Jade Gaming Pack containing game board, terrain and cards. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced it next Sunday or in two-weeks time

New Starter Sets are coming for pre-order on the 27th of July

Any hint about if those boxes have new scenery?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They were under term and conditions on online preorder of Dominion and Leviathan : in both cases you could have a gadget for free ( 32.000 for Domionion and 50.000 for Leviathan)

Surely, it is then possible to know the numbers for all pre-orders? 

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Can we expect the indexes this week?

If it's like 10th ed then they'll start to come out on 1st July. The 40k ones released after Leviathan went up for preorder

• Like 1

more leaks 

Map of Ghyran & Chamon

image.jpeg.f64765394d71fbe9a3ac13a411dbd958.jpeg

image.png.f5dd8e936baa854f82b7ce828d8489e5.png

no geographic change to the vermindoom 

there also should point out

• the Lost Duardin hold in Ayadha with the skaven warren city right next to it
  • two Chaos dwarf forge-city in Sigyorn & Gazan Zhar
  • A Chaos dwarf forge city right south of Greywater (what the???)
  • The entire continent of Invidia which for those who don't know is where the Blighkings are dominate and the Blighted duchies are located
  • More of Kurnotheal continent
Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

more leaks 

Map of Ghyran & Chamon

image.jpeg.f64765394d71fbe9a3ac13a411dbd958.jpeg

image.png.f5dd8e936baa854f82b7ce828d8489e5.png

no geographic change to the vermindoom 

there also should point out

• the Lost Duardin hold in Ayadha with the skaven warren city right next to it
  • two Chaos dwarf forge-city in Sigyorn & Gazan Zhar
  • The entire continent of Invidia which for those who don't know is where the Blighkings are dominate and the Blighted duchies are located
  • More of Kurnotheal continent

So what I’m hearing is Chamon traded their rat-man problem for a daemonic Babylonian problem? Alright I’m down for that. Feel bad for Allarielle though, she has to deal with evil industrialists on two fronts now.

12 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So what I’m hearing is Chamon traded their rat-man problem for a daemonic Babylonian problem? Alright I’m down for that. Feel bad for Allarielle though, she has to deal with evil industrialists on two fronts now.

nah the ratmen are still around they now they have deal with both the fang & the horns :D

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

more leaks 

Map of Ghyran & Chamon

Fyreslayers

image.png.8c9342465d77c8f84357992113dd8361.png

And really? Gazan Zhar was just sitting there in Chamon and nobody speculated that it has to do with Chorfs?I could barely think of a more chorfy sounding name for a region! :D 

AND IT'S WHERE BARAK-ZHOFF DISAPPEARED?!

image.png.d6187813d0a113b33ca7cb5ca45fc075.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Fyreslayers

And really? Gazan Zhar was just sitting there in Chamon and nobody speculated that it has to do with Chorfs?I could barely think of a more chorfy sounding name for a region! :D 

Dam the Chorf and Fyreslayer have similar icons thanks for that correction

21 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Fyreslayers

Also, the mountain range in Chamon where the Chorf hold is is called "Mountains of Muspelzharr", which (if the Muspel part is based on norse mythology and we know that Zharr means fire in dwarfen) roughly means "Mountains of World-Destroyers Fire". Pretty fitting.

Edited by Asbestress

So... what do we know about chorfs characters so far? Very likely their named hero will be the fallen fyreslayer? The one that was one of the sons of the main fyreslayers, right? Is there a hint of any other possible named hero?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Surely, it is then possible to know the numbers for all pre-orders? 

There were rumours that it was about 120,000 copies total. Since online normally accounts for around a quarter of GW's business, there's a reasonable chance that's true. I'm expecting GW to make fewer boxes this time around as the fact that Dominion was over produced is well known. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

So... what do we know about chorfs characters so far? Very likely their named hero will be the fallen fyreslayer? The one that was one of the sons of the main fyreslayers, right? Is there a hint of any other possible named hero?

Nah, they will likely be similar to how they were in the past.

The Legions of Hashut are a different thing to mere Chaos following Duardin.

Fun to see Chorfs get another mention, though this is the fourth time now that they're getting teased with "they're coming! Watch out!" if I'm recalling correctly... Lol. 

rWs4NH.gif

Also outside that one fallen Fyerslayer and Shar'tor, the leftover Bull Centaur executioner from Fantasy, Chorfs have zero named characters atm outside Hashut himself 

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I think we might be getting Chorfs sooner than most of us are expecting. Maybe the end of year big update slot? 

That would be amazing. We can but hope eh?!

4 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m more excited for when we actually get our hands on the Indexes than I am for the box itself (Plus whatever narrative we end up getting can’t be any less interesting than 3rd Edition’s)

Same... I'm not planning on buying the box, unless there's something spectacular in it that they haven't mentioned yet... but the indexes can't come soon enough! I need to see how badly they've shafted Slaanesh this time around.