The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that you point to that... maybe we are thinking it is for AoS, but there's a goblin character from ToW that has led the narrative but has no character...

I really doubt that they would release a TOW goblin kit in the design language of AoS gitmob. TOW has been extremely careful to avoid using AoS models whenever possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I really doubt that they would release a TOW goblin kit in the design language of AoS gitmob. TOW has been extremely careful to avoid using AoS models whenever possible.

That's true, but before we didn't have ToW as part of the RE, so what was obviously AoS it was AoS. Now it is not necessary.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's true, but before we didn't have ToW as part of the RE, so what was obviously AoS it was AoS. Now it is not necessary.

Even then I don't think its TOW. Orcs & Goblins already released and their new models were already revealed. It would be weird to do a new Orcs and Goblins model now, since TOW is moving on to another army.

Especially if that model has obvious AoS influences. Why release Snarlfang Riders for AoS, and then a bigger Snarlfang Rider model for TOW? Especially when GW is trying to completely avoid cross-compatibility and model crossover, it wouldn't make any sense.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Even then I don't think its TOW. Orcs & Goblins already released and their new models were already revealed. It would be weird to do a new Orcs and Goblins model now, since TOW is moving on to another army.

Especially if that model has obvious AoS influences. Why release Snarlfang Riders for AoS, and then a bigger Snarlfang Rider model for TOW? Especially when GW is trying to completely avoid cross-compatibility and model crossover, it wouldn't make any sense.

Yeah. I am not speaking about this particular scenario with my latest message. It is too close indeed.

Plotwist they end up being pestigors as Nezzil originally said.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. I am not speaking about this particular scenario with my latest message. It is too close indeed.

Plotwist they end up being pestigors as Nezzil originally said.

I think we will be able to tell quite well from which system they'll come. If it seems close to a non-core TOW army, or an already released TOW army, it's most likely AoS (like the Seraphon and Skaven-looking rumours). If it's right before a TOW army is releasing and has the same aesthetic, it could be TOW (like the Dwarf axe that looked not Duardin enough to be AoS, right before TOW Dwarfs).

27 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think we will be able to tell quite well from which system they'll come. If it seems close to a non-core TOW army, or an already released TOW army, it's most likely AoS (like the Seraphon and Skaven-looking rumours). If it's right before a TOW army is releasing and has the same aesthetic, it could be TOW (like the Dwarf axe that looked not Duardin enough to be AoS, right before TOW Dwarfs).

Yeah, this one is 100% AoS. It looks really close to the Snarlfangs. TOW already had the O&G release and still need to get their previewed orc shaman.. months after it was shown.