The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Almost certainly 120 for 10. They come in boxes of 10 and most GW units come standard what's in the box. 

There's actually a lot of kits that come with more than their standard unit size, I feel like there's at least one in like more than half of the armies. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with 120 per 5 if they want to downplay shooting in the game.

Edited by pitzok

46 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Yeah I love that sneaky little addition. I wonder what other things will "become part of warhammer+" since it doesn't actually say that's the only thing getting paywalled (which is bad enough even if it was). Makes the entire rest of the article kind of useless.

Nothing has changed. It was already part of W+.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

It amazes me how they are keeping apps like this behind a paywall, and not taking the opportunity to make it completely open and use its data for business purposes.... 

Besides, WarhammerTV is still limited to certain countries... does it mean that if I'm from Spain, I have to pay 55€ for the subscription just to use the app, but I will not be able to view any content from WarhammerTV?

You can. I pay it and I've watched everything I wanted in Spain as well.

10 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Almost certainly 120 for 10. They come in boxes of 10 and most GW units come standard what's in the box. 

I don't know, they said everything would become more expensive point wise.

With AoS 3th you got 10 fuseliers for 160 points. So seems a bit unlikely that they good a good chunk cheaper point wise.

42 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Oh, look. Here's the real reason the Warscroll Builder is going.

image.png.8fa240d0f346072064cd51dce25f771a.png

I was expecting that, but it still hurts. My problem is not with the armybook code-locked content (I don't like the way they choose to monetise the rules, but at least i can understand this approach), but with this weird attempt to save Warhammer+ by restricting the usability of two main games apps. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I don't know, they said everything would become more expensive point wise.

With AoS 3th you got 10 fuseliers for 160 points. So seems a bit unlikely that they good a good chunk cheaper point wise.

Maybe they want us to become a horde faction? So they are worse but cheaper.

Just now, Flippy said:

I was expecting that, but it still hurts. My problem is not with the armybook code-locked content (I don't like the way they choose to monetise the rules, but at least i can understand this approach), but with this weird attempt to save Warhammer+ by restricting the usability of two main games apps. 

The Warhammer+ subscription is fine. The problem is that you still have to buy the battletome. It should be Warhammer+ = is acces to all the battletomes through the app and not only for the one you have a code.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

The next step, we will only sell you minis if you are part of W+.

5 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I would probably subscribe to W+ if there was even a decent amount of AoS content on there. Monetizing previously free things just makes me less likely to subscribe to W+ and more likely to look for free options or pirate instead.

If you never subscribed it is not that bad. I subscribed for my first year and the content is decent. Between loremaster and all the series (including all the 40k episodes as well) have been nice, also I managed to cover the cost of the app with the exclusive minis*.

* Covered all but 1 € with the two initial minis but my account got bugged and received a second free minis, but still 1 year of W+ for a € is not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If you never subscribed it is not that bad. I subscribed for my first year and the content is decent. Between loremaster and all the series (including all the 40k episodes as well) have been nice, also I managed to cover the cost of the app with the exclusive minis*.

* Covered all but 1 € with the two initial minis but my account got bugged and received a second free minis, but still 1 year of W+ for a € is not that bad.

Loremaster is something I don't really care for as I just read the books I'm interested in. 40K I'm also not interested in, so those series are not worth any money for me.

The exclusive minis are not of any factions I wanted to collect (only the IJ mini, but that time has long passed). So there's not really any reason for me to subscribe besides a few AoS episodes of hammer and bolter, and Blacktalon. That's not worth an expensive yearly subscription when the rest of the hobby is already expensive enough.

23 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Why would they do that? I guessing it will be 5 per unit and can be reinforced to 10. I don't think they will want blobs of 20 fuseliers.

I would be almost certain it is 120 for 10. Fusiliers started last edition at 150 for 10 with access to mortal wounds on hit and Covering Fire, both of which they they lost now. If they are 4+/3+ with no extra damage abilities, 120 seems about right. Especially if their range also gets reduced.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Flippy said:

That's the thing, isn't it? If WH+ is struggling, I'm not sure p***g off the AoS playerbase is going to help much. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would be almost certain it is 120 for 10. Fusiliers started last edition at 150 for 10 with access to mortal wounds on hit and Covering Fire, both of which they they lost now. If they are 4+/3+ with no extra damage abilities, 120 seems about right. Especially if their range also gets reduced.

How do we know they lost them? Have they posted their scroll?