The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would be almost certain it is 120 for 10. Fusiliers started last edition at 150 for 10 with access to mortal wounds on hit and Covering Fire, both of which they they lost now. If they are 4+/3+ with no extra damage abilities, 120 seems about right. Especially if their range also gets reduced.

They ended AoS 3th at 160 points. If they are now 120 points for 10. They seem a very good deal. Or maybe they are 10 for 120 because the only way to take them is through warlord or fusil-major.

Edited by Tonhel

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I ain’t paying some WH+ subscription to do unlimited lists. 

I can’t imagine anyone would. That’s why I find GW’s approach weird - they can make d**k move like this (like any corporation), but if you consciously generate frustration in your customer base you need to be pretty sure that there is also a profit to be made.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe they want us to become a horde faction? So they are worse but cheaper.

All shooting is worse in this edition  and with the three inch range, all combat units got better. It wouldn’t surprise me if cheaper shooting units but more expensive combat units is a universal trend.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

They ended AoS 3th at 160 points. If they are now 120 points for 10. They seem a very good deal. Or maybe they are 10 for 120 because the only way to take them is through warlord or fusil-major.

Running 20 of them in 3rd, at the tail end of the edition, 120 is the correct point value for them IMO.

2A 4+/4+/-1/1 is not a hard-hitting profile.

9 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

The box comes with two decks of Spearhead battle tactics.

But each player needs a deck. So if you split the box with someone else, you'll each have one deck, which isn't enough to play with another person who doesn't have a deck. Plenty of people are splitting the contents with those they may not play regularly or at all.

Also, hiding their app behind a paywall is and always has been stupid greedy horse****.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I quite like the insight in the design lead

but it funny they say 

We also did a lot of work with helmets because we knew we wanted these large, ornate collars, but that clashed with previous, stylised helmets and you can’t have both. We decided to settle for the heads being quite modest, and focussed on the collars representing their position in the hierarchy instead. 

yet i find every helmet they did for the Ruination Chamber was pretty great compare to the Liberator ugly nu-helms

AoS Rountable1 SCE Jun25 Image3

especially the prosecutors the Greco-roman spike plume sell the honor bound warrior with the sense of brutality

AoS Rountable1 SCE Jun25 Image8

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

But each player needs a deck. So if you split the box with someone else, you'll each have one deck, which isn't enough to play with another person who doesn't have a deck. Plenty of people are splitting the contents with those they may not play regularly or at all.

Also, hiding their app behind a paywall is and always has been stupid greedy horse****.

So are they meant to include 4 packs of cards? 😂😂

I don't know why people are getting upset over the app, it's never really been "free", you've needed the battletomes to unlock all the rules. 

What we know for sure at the moment is all rules, faction packs and generals handbook will be available and readable for free. 

Once battletomes become available the rules will be locked and you'll need a code to unlock. 

You can create as many army lists as you want at launch but soon will only be able to create 1 unless you have a warhammer+ sub. 

What we don't know is if warscrolls will be freely available as they are now and will future rules (not battletomes) be freely available. 

Anything else is speculation. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Who is he? Not joking. I don't know him by full name. Maybe if I see his face from one of the previews...

He's lead lore master for AoS and has been there decades. 

Same as Darren Latham has been designing and painting minis for years. Both legends.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Say that to our Fyreslayer player :D

Hopefully we see the whole picture very soon.

Tomorrow in Warcom...

The indexes are here! Pick them here* and be first one on building** a list I'm our brand new AoS app.

*Only if you are a W+ subscriber. Otherwise you will have to wait until the 15th of July.

** Do you know about W+? You know now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Are warscrolls (or whatever they are called in the grim dark future) free on the 40k app?

You can see datasheets (and enhancements, strategems etc) for any faction which has not had their codex released yet. Once the codex is released, everything is locked unless you buy a physical copy of the codex and unlock the data with a code. No way to just buy this code digitally.

You can still make lists of these factions even if you don't have the codex, however all you can see are unit names and points, so the lists are pretty useless. So for full functionality, you need both the warhammer plus sub (to make more than one list) and a physical copy of a codex for each faction you are interested in. Otherwise you are essentially locked out.

And of course, it also means your warhammer plus sub gets actively worse over time as new codexes are released and you lose the access you previously had.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IrlLordy said:

You can see datasheets (and enhancements, strategems etc) for any faction which has not had their codex released yet. Once the codex is released, everything is locked unless you buy a physical copy of the codex and unlock the data with a code. No way to just buy this code digitally.

You can still make lists of these factions even if you don't have the codex, however all you can see are unit names and points, so the lists are pretty useless. So for full functionality, you need both the warhammer plus sub (to make more than one list) and a physical copy of a codex for each faction you are interested in. Otherwise you are essentially locked out.

And of course, it also means your warhammer plus sub gets actively worse over time as new codexes are released and you lose the access you previously had.

This sure feels like a return to the Kirby era. Either greed has made them forget why they started acting better or it was all just PR nonsense to begin with.

Edit: Also thank goodness they aren't letting momentum and hype stumble by doing something silly like finishing the faction focuses and then giving us a filler week of bad news. Maybe they're hoping to drown out the grumbling with index releases?

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

This sure feels like a return to the Kirby era. Either greed has made them forget why they started acting better or it was all just PR nonsense to begin with.

That is a little bit of an exaggeration :D 

Maybe because I am subscribed since the beginning to Warhammer+, but I don't see it as a big deal. That said I would love to have acces to all the battletomes through the Warhammer+ sub, they can even increase the price if necessary. I just don't want to buy all those hardcovers. I want everything digitally and preferable at a reduced price :D They should take note how SDS do it with HH, LotR and TOW as those games have for each paper version a pdf.

Anyway there is still Wahapedia.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Also thank goodness they aren't letting momentum and hype stumble by doing something silly like finishing the faction focuses and then giving us a filler week of bad news

And is the second time.

Articles every week showing rules, then a week of filler until they decided to start faction focus, some of them pure randomess showing 0 synergies, or hiding the hype stuff like Teclis, wylwoods, Mortarchs or Archaon; then you let creators show core rules, but don't give them officialy, just to keep another filler week until the indexes that only God knows where are coming.

42 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As long as people are willing to pay outrageous prices for their products, they'll continue to backslide on consumer-friendly products/services.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

We can see that they're available through the marshall on foot. I'm just glad that we're not seeing such large points decreases in this edition like they did with 40k 10th as some armies are impossible to collect to a basic standard and the game feels too big for me anyway at 2k. We can also see that heroes go up in points, the marshall is 40 points higher than right now.

• Thanks 1