The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I don't watch videos. Don't ask me why. Someone just tell me... is it good news or not? 

Not as bad as you might expect from the battle traits. Glutos is amazing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cyrus said:

So probably NOT Aos preview around 20th of July as per Valrak rumors & Slaughter at Hel crown preview  around 10th of august  

There is a rumour that we will see the next BB versión soon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I don't watch videos. Don't ask me why. Someone just tell me... is it good news or not? 

It's odd. There are some fantastic units and combos in there, and quite a few units that are oddly undertuned or that they clearly didn't know what to do with.

Points costs will be the big decider, as ever.

13 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

But not only that. There are minor gods, more souls like the aelven ones. Skavens (GHR got as many Skavens as it could and saved them), Seraphons, the winds of magic, even the world that was itself is in AoS. Sigmarite is all about ToW... I would say it depends on how deep you want to look into it. Yes, it is not the same world, but the connection is as deep as 30k with 40k IMO.

Not really, 40K and 30K happen in the same reality and there constant things that happen in 30K that affect the current time line.

ToW to Sigmar is martyed with bad writing, superficial connection, indirect here say and both setting are probably better off not being connected TBF. Barely anyone but Gotrek currently remembers what happen in Old world and none of it is relavant or important in Sigmar.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

OK, so here is a very weak rumour:

Vince Venturella from Warhammer weekly keeps talking about how war machines will be more relevant this edition. At first I thought they might get relevant mechanics in the new basic rules, but that was not the case. That makes me think that Vince is talking about upcoming new models since he's being really coy when talking about them "Don't worry, you will see a lot more war machines on the table pretty soon".

The interesting thing about this is that he is also not talking about new Skaven models, since we already know what they will be getting in their update thanks to @SG Warhound. So I think this adds to the evidence for a warmachine-focused Cities or Chaos Dwarves release in the near future (it has to be near if Vince knows about it already).

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Vince Venturella from Warhammer weekly keeps talking about how war machines will be more relevant this edition. At first I thought they might get relevant mechanics in the new basic rules, but that was not the case. That makes me think that Vince is talking about upcoming new models since he's being really coy when talking about them "Don't worry, you will see a lot more war machines on the table pretty soon".

The interesting thing about this is that he is also not talking about new Skaven models, since we already know what they will be getting in their update thanks to @SG Warhound. So I think this adds to the evidence for a warmachine-focused Cities or Chaos Dwarves release in the near future (it has to be near if Vince knows about it already).

Era of the Machine confirmed!

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Don't forget to put hopium mask on, but maybe we see sky grots release later in the upcoming edition. Also war machines for other factions would be appreciated - some sort of trebuchet, catapults or ballistas can fit almost any army. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Or he's seen the Skaven warscrolls and is really happy about those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Or he's seen the Skaven warscrolls and is really happy about those.

It's possible, the Doomwheel is apparently really fun:

Goonhammer:

The Doomwheel is my favorite warscroll in the entire range. There are others that are better but I want to highlight it because despite this faction pack being like other factions you still get these madness rules. It moves 2D6+7, has 8 health and a 4+ save with a single point of control. In the shooting phase it has warp bolts (13″ D6 attacks 3/3/1/D3 (shoot into combat)) and a weak melee profile (6 attacks 4/3/0/1 Charge +1 Damage)). The real joy is “Rolling Doom”. It’s a core movement ability that stats that this unit can move a distance up to its move characteristic. You can run over other units, get into combat ranges, pick this even if you’re in combat, do what you like. Then, after you’ve moved, pick up to 3 enemy units and do a little bit of mortal damage (D3, +2 equal to the wounds). I can’t image this unit stays in combat all that long with the flimsy frame but it’s worth giving up a battle tactic and taking a double turn just to run over everything.

But given the context of Vince's statements (how valuable is extra rend vs war machines from the Honor Guard?), I don't know if he would really be talking about flimsy Skaven contraptions. He must obviously be talking about the mighty Cogfort.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Whateley said:

WHAAAAAT?!

Blood Bowl 2016
Blood Bowl 2020
Blood Bowl...

NAF and Fumbl social media were talking about the next edition. Things that point to that:
- Less number of releases.
- Big FaQs are too big and they are touching rules.
- No new team announced yet.
- Orcs and Humans don't have Team Cards yet.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's possible, the Doomwheel is apparently really fun:

But given the context of Vince's statements (how valuable is extra rend vs war machines from the Honor Guard?), I don't know if he would really be talking about flimsy Skaven contraptions. He must obviously be talking about the mighty Cogfort.

While I love Vince to bits, it's always good to remember he's also full of biases. If he was let to design AoS, we'g be all playing armies with the maximum of five models per list and with no magic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

It's odd. There are some fantastic units and combos in there, and quite a few units that are oddly undertuned or that they clearly didn't know what to do with.

Points costs will be the big decider, as ever.

I skipped through the video enough to know that Slaangors are still stuck in that exact "didn't know what to do with" basket. Argh. 

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think Vince has seen anything we haven't in terms of minis. His comments about war machines are because chariots are all warmachines now. Glutos is a war machine too. 

And so the “ mysterious “ gloomspite war machine could be also a gitmob chariot ?

xdK8IK1FL6XGxO3u.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Just wanted to inform everyone that in the past 24 hours a couple of incredible things have happened.

My wife and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

And Im officially, finally, Cancer Free.

Massive congratulations on both! Absolutely brilliant pair of wins for you right there :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just wanted to inform everyone that in the past 24 hours a couple of incredible things have happened.

No words, just love.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, cyrus said:

And so the “ mysterious “ gloomspite war machine could be also a gitmob chariot ?

xdK8IK1FL6XGxO3u.jpg

I don’t see the point giving a generic information that won’t affect the army at all . It’s like precise that a SoB buff won’t affect a SoB CAVALERY unit . 

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Super happy for you. I genuinely mean it :)

• LOVE IT! 1