The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I would be wildly surprised if AoS was even a blip on the radar of 99% of people working on D&D products.

AoS: Soulbound is fun but it's a very small fish in the rpg pond, while D&D remains the blue whale taking up most of the space and the oxygen from everyone else crammed in around it.

I am, of course, hoping it's true that AoS is genuinely spiking in popularity, and that it's going to go from strength to strength as a product, IP, and game in the future! I just doubt the D&D head honchos have the slightest tremor of fear about AoS.

I agree. DnD is to rpgs what warhammer is to miniature wargames. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I would be wildly surprised if AoS was even a blip on the radar of 99% of people working on D&D products.

AoS: Soulbound is fun but it's a very small fish in the rpg pond, while D&D remains the blue whale taking up most of the space and the oxygen from everyone else crammed in around it.

I am, of course, hoping it's true that AoS is genuinely spiking in popularity, and that it's going to go from strength to strength as a product, IP, and game in the future! I just doubt the D&D head honchos have the slightest tremor of fear about AoS.

Also, this is from the Spanish replaying industry, so that could be the key. I guess it is completely different. Said that, my company works with Wizards (on the Magic side, not D&D) but they are performing way worse than a couple of years ago. I can assure you that.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Just wanted to inform everyone that in the past 24 hours a couple of incredible things have happened.

My wife and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

And Im officially, finally, Cancer Free.

I say this, in the most pro wrestler voice I can

YAAAAAAAA BRUTHAAAARRRRR!!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Just wanted to inform everyone that in the past 24 hours a couple of incredible things have happened.

Mate, your bliss just made my day. 

Best whishes to all of you. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, someone from the role-playing industry told me recently that AoS is spiking in popularity, both in wargame and roleplaying terms, but that as D&D is doing poorly lately some people who work with D&D are starting to be afraid of AoS.

IMO it is good news. The more players/ enthusiasts the merrier.

Rest In Peace James Workshop the Pinkerton's are on their way.
red-dead-2-pinkertons-1547809188.jpg?cro

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

I would even say that AoS IP struggles a lot more to gain relevance currently. Which is why no video game developers want to touch it currently after Realms or Ruin failed. 

a lot of the Skaventide metric have not come close to Dominon metric and the Covid boost it got three years ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

OK, so here is a very weak rumour:

Vince Venturella from Warhammer weekly keeps talking about how war machines will be more relevant this edition. At first I thought they might get relevant mechanics in the new basic rules, but that was not the case. That makes me think that Vince is talking about upcoming new models since he's being really coy when talking about them "Don't worry, you will see a lot more war machines on the table pretty soon".

The interesting thing about this is that he is also not talking about new Skaven models, since we already know what they will be getting in their update thanks to @SG Warhound. So I think this adds to the evidence for a warmachine-focused Cities or Chaos Dwarves release in the near future (it has to be near if Vince knows about it already).

Vince is referring to a lot more stuff being given war machine keyword now, such as chariots. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Congratulations on these two very great pieces of news!

• LOVE IT! 1

Also, this is from the Spanish replaying industry, so that could be the key. I guess it is completely different. Said that, my company works with Wizards (on the Magic side, not D&D) but they are performing way worse than a couple of years ago. I can assure you that.

Weird.

The main spanish publisher is a die-hard Fantasy fan. I'm part of the translator group and we asked him for an oficial spanish book (Cubicle7 already has most of their books perfectly translated with the same company) and the answer was... not good to say the least.

There is a lot more behind the curtain but this is not the place to discuss that.

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Weird.

The main spanish publisher is a die-hard Fantasy fan. I'm part of the translator group and we asked him for an oficial spanish book (Cubicle7 already has most of their books perfectly translated with the same company) and the answer was... not good to say the least.

There is a lot more behind the curtain but this is not the place to discuss that.

New thread: “TGA Official Saltposting”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, someone from the role-playing industry told me recently that AoS is spiking in popularity, both in wargame and roleplaying terms, but that as D&D is doing poorly lately some people who work with D&D are starting to be afraid of AoS.

IMO it is good news. The more players/ enthusiasts the merrier.

Doesn't come as a surprise. Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro are doing their best to nuke the fandom and IP (e.g. the Larian thingy after BG3's gigantic success).

And then they don't do stuff like a new Dark Sun cause it has slavery in it and is "problematic" (yes, slaves of fantasy races that never existed (and don't reference any real world race or their history in any meaningful way) is really a problem 🙄. Regardless that heroes could free those slaves. So yeah, no thank you, keep your new kiddy editions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Massive congratulations!!! This is better news than any rumour!

• LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Hmm.... that's crazy, couldn't imagine why.... 

d-d-orcs-2024-v0-5oamLs6Ckv0PzFVjDlxpJJWUaAsYQ_Z4-Lk31eVoN9o.jpg.7aa59cbbf50b379ce03616b234df519c.jpg

Orruk_Clan.png.d9667f09c90f5594f7d86aa5d2e823be.png

Hey! The Mexican coded orcs are amazing and my tiktok is full of Latin nerds absolutely in love with it going full hard into this representation and building elaborate orc culture and characters to go with it. WotC definitely didn’t do this good on purpose but they did good.

For once.

• Like 17

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly, nothing else in here matters. This is the best news and my sincere congratulations to you and your wife. Enjoy every second. Ours are now 7 and 9 and honestly, it flies.

Have a wondrous time sir!

• LOVE IT! 1

53 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

That’s almost a copy past of the 40K app format so I believe it, sadly

i already miss our newly old app

Looks legit? I thought they already revealed images of the new app, but maybe I'm crazy. 

This is exactly what I expected. I am curious as to why it is easier for them to make new apps instead of updating the old app to the new edition. Any developers or folks on the inside have any insight?

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Looks legit? I thought they already revealed images of the new app, but maybe I'm crazy. 

This is exactly what I expected. I am curious as to why it is easier for them to make new apps instead of updating the old app to the new edition. Any developers or folks on the inside have any insight?

In this particular case it is pretty easy. As the game itself has changed drastically, all the code has to reflect that drastic change.

This same question would make more sense from 2nd to 3rd ed. My guess? It could be possible that is done by different companies.

• Like 1

I mean there a lot of competition and third party RPG currently trying to compete and give alternatives outside of DND/Hasbros. Doesn’t mean AoS is poise to take the vacuum that people are perceiving Hasbros has left open. Soulbound maybe a talk about item in the AoS community, but it just a blip to RPG community and I can’t say people talk about it as much as any other kickstarter RPG book being made.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Dwarfs are officially all gone on the GW store in US

this week will announce TOW dwarven mountain holds it seems

AdeptiCon Preview – The Dwarfen Mountain Holds - Warhammer Community

Will be interesting to see if they launch them repacked for AoS as well or just put more bases in the ToW box.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Dwarfs are officially all gone on the GW store in US

this week will announce TOW dwarven mountain holds it seems

AdeptiCon Preview – The Dwarfen Mountain Holds - Warhammer Community

Hope they’re planning on co-releasing Briar and Bone, because we already know their stats from AoS but they’re not available for purchase. 

• Like 4

In this particular case it is pretty easy. As the game itself has changed drastically, all the code has to reflect that drastic change.

This same question would make more sense from 2nd to 3rd ed. My guess? It could be possible that is done by different companies.

My gut says it’s to archive the whole edition rules so people don’t lose convenient access to the books and materials they purchased even though they’re officially unsupported.

Imagine if they did port the new edition into the app without any access to the digital archive. People would lose it.