The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

My gut says it’s to archive the whole edition rules so people don’t lose convenient access to the books and materials they purchased even though they’re officially unsupported.

Imagine if they did port the new edition into the app without any access to the digital archive. People would lose it.

It could be from 2nd to 3rd. From 3rd to 4th, it is just easier to build it again. They could use some common base, but they don't need to maintain the old one to use that base.

Posted (edited)

I am so conflicted about getting Dwarfs and High Elves for my Cities army.

On the one hand a unit of Long Beards and a Unit of Shadow Warriors/Sisters and I could add some generic fantasy Dwarves and Elves. Conversely I will regret it when they make City specific Aelves and Duardin for COS. My preferred build for the army would be a coalition between the different fantasy races but I also feel like it might be an edition or even further before we get them.

This is like inverted FOMO, like I am not buying anything in fear of getting a better option.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

On the one hand a unit of Long Beards and a Unit of Shadow Warriors/Sisters and I could add some generic fantasy Dwarves and Elves. Conversely I will regret it when they make City specific Aelves and Duardin for COS. My preferred build for the army would be a coalition between the different fantasy races but I also feel like it might be an edition or even further before we get them.

This is like inverted FOMO, like I am not buying anything in fear of getting a better option.

You shouldn't worry with getting High elves unless your doing an Lumineth army Like isn't there rumor/leak about the Lumineth Phoenix guard coming? If they do city elves it either be more inline with wood elves (wanderer remake) or dark elves (Scourge privateer remake)

as for City dwarves that another question at hand. 

still find it interesting that we know there still in the faction pack yet are gone from the website

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

You shouldn't worry with getting High elves unless your doing an Lumineth army Like isn't there rumor/leak about the Lumineth Phoenix guard coming? If they do city elves it either be more inline with wood elves (wanderer remake) or dark elves (Scourge privateer remake)

still find it interesting that we know there still in the faction pack yet are gone from the website

For me the two that I mentioned (longbeards and shadow warriors) kind of fit the most generic iterations of Dwarves and Elves in terms of old fantasy models and that is their appeal. Namely that if they make city duardin or aelves they would easily fit the bill, which is also why I kind of don't want to invest in them as I know there will be a cooler version that will more seamlessly fit into my city army one day. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Beliman said:

Crossing fingers!

I just hope they have a big enough stock of Arcane Journals and the resin characters. Although when looking how much still is temporarily out of stock for Bretonnia. I do fear it will sell out again before I am out of the que.

Luckily there is still the digital version of the Arcane Journal.

42 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Shouldn’t today be the day in which all the new Warscroll should get a review?

I am interested in the Stardrake (PLEASE BE GOOD FOR ONCE)

I hope that the Chaos lord on foot will finally be worth it.

Also looking forward to the scrolls for the Cold one Knights and Black Dragon. I have some very cool Last Sword Miniatures I want to print for my CoS army.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

First time I’ve heard of it

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Well if you want Hogh elve in your cities, it might be worth waiting for a bit before you try and pay money for overpriced minis on eBay.

(unless a friend is selling it to you for well cheap or you found a really good offer).

High elves are getting their range back sometimes in the future thanks to tow,

although the timeline isn’t sadly given.

10 hours ago, Hollow said:

One of my main desires for AoS is for them to "sort out" CoS sooner, rather than later. 

Like for example……… the human part of the army?

Is it just me or are Brutes completely insane? You can give them seven damage three attacks that do crit mortals if you get all the buffs off. A unit of 10 could one shot pretty much anything in the game. Even if you only get the damage prayer and Zoggrok's ability, that an average of 16 mortal damage plus all the regular damage. Obviously you'll never get all the buffs simultaneously but there are some many options, you'll always get some of the buffs off. 

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

For me the two that I mentioned (longbeards and shadow warriors) kind of fit the most generic iterations of Dwarves and Elves in terms of old fantasy models and that is their appeal. Namely that if they make city duardin or aelves they would easily fit the bill, which is also why I kind of don't want to invest in them as I know there will be a cooler version that will more seamlessly fit into my city army one day. 

I would add to that list the eternal guard and/or the glade guard. Imo those two are the best ones to represent generic wood elves. And idk why, but wood elves and duardins are the ones that fit me the best for a CoS mixed army.

Glade Guard - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

CITIES OF SIGMAR ETERNAL GUARD

In terms of duardins I agree the longbeards are the most generic ones:

99120205025_Longbeards01.jpg

And the fit pretty well with the new plastic kit:

Adepticon TOW Mar20 Image1

But my favourite ones are the other helmet option...

Longbeards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

First time I’ve heard of it

Well if you want Hogh elve in your cities, it might be worth waiting for a bit before you try and pay money for overpriced minis on eBay.

(unless a friend is selling it to you for well cheap or you found a really good offer).

High elves are getting their range back sometimes in the future thanks to tow,

although the timeline isn’t sadly given.

Like for example……… the human part of the army?

I would say High Elves would come at the end of the year or early next year.

Hopefully Warcry tomorrow! If there's going to be a non-AoS preview soon, any rumours about Warcry being there? Its about time for the new season (speculated to be inside the ruined temple ship which could be really cool terrain-wide), though I think the new edition will take another year or so.

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Hopefully Warcry tomorrow! If there's going to be a non-AoS preview soon, any rumours about Warcry being there? Its about time for the new season (speculated to be inside the ruined temple ship which could be really cool terrain-wide), though I think the new edition will take another year or so.

Dwarfs for sure. They removed them from the store.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

I will never understand the Dawrf paradox. If you were thinking to remove them from the store why you give them new warscrolls...

It may be that we're due an early edition battletome for CoS that'll include new duardin. This way they don't have the issue of people still buying old models that are about to get replaced, and which they want to move over to TOW anyway.

If they did keep selling those models for AoS then remove or replace them in the new battletome we'd hear another round of complaining from folks, so I guess this way they can avoid that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

It may be that we're due an early edition battletome for CoS that'll include new duardin. This way they don't have the issue of people still buying old models that are about to get replaced, and which they want to move over to TOW anyway.

If they did keep selling those models for AoS then remove or replace them in the new battletome we'd hear another round of complaining from folks, so I guess this way they can avoid that.

We don't have any thrustful rumours related to a big Cities wave coming soon.

26 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I will never understand the Dawrf paradox. If you were thinking to remove them from the store why you give them new warscrolls...

ToW boxes with round bases for some time?

24 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

If that were the case, I doubt we would get 1:1 replacements, so the warscrolls would make no sense still.