The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I will never understand the Dawrf paradox. If you were thinking to remove them from the store why you give them new warscrolls...

I remember reading a fistful of pages back that people were speculating (iirc) that Dwarfs were quietly pushed back until the next quarter to make numbers go up

If that's true, GW would have had all these dwarf warscrolls lined up  and ready to go to get people to dip on the more-affordable TOW boxes (and the circle bases to go with 'em) 

Which lines up with GW getting all they can from their fans; people will still be buying dwarfs for both games and will feel some sort of emotion about double dipping when the AoS city dwarfs (or their equivalents) drop without much overlap with the stuff that people *just* bought.

Probably will be close to 1:1 replacements but "not quite" looking at how the humans have gone so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

Hopefully Warcry tomorrow! If there's going to be a non-AoS preview soon, any rumours about Warcry being there? Its about time for the new season (speculated to be inside the ruined temple ship which could be really cool terrain-wide), though I think the new edition will take another year or so.

Next big event seems like it's going to be the NOVA Open at the end of August, probably with the 'Battle for Hel Crown' winner some time in late July/early August?

I wouldn't be surprised if Warcry ends up on the backburner for a bit when the next big 'skirmish' release is probably going to be Kill Team Season 3, particularly with Briar & Bone still stuck in a Realm Gate somewhere. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I will never understand the Dawrf paradox. If you were thinking to remove them from the store why you give them new warscrolls...

Pretty sure its the strange GW rules/rumors that only one team gets the credit for the models and they really don't want people using models in more then 1 game at a time. 

My friends and I were guessing they put The Old World on hold just to switch over dwarfs (which is crazy if true). Best guess is that Cities is gonna be one of the first factions to come out and the Dwarfs will either be removed or get a lot of new stuff?

The only funny thing will be if they do remove dwarfs and leave the dark elves and pirates still in the faction lol. Gonna be the funniest thing...............

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Next big event seems like it's going to be the NOVA Open at the end of August, probably with the 'Battle for Hel Crown' winner some time in late July/early August?

I wouldn't be surprised if Warcry ends up on the backburner for a bit when the next big 'skirmish' release is probably going to be Kill Team Season 3, particularly with Briar & Bone still stuck in a Realm Gate somewhere. 

Last year we had a non 40k preview. Maybe they do a non AoS preview which would be the perfect excuse to avoid Warcry.

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

Pretty sure its the strange GW rules/rumors that only one team gets the credit for the models and they really don't want people using models in more then 1 game at a time. 

My friends and I were guessing they put The Old World on hold just to switch over dwarfs (which is crazy if true). Best guess is that Cities is gonna be one of the first factions to come out and the Dwarfs will either be removed or get a lot of new stuff?

The only funny thing will be if they do remove dwarfs and leave the dark elves and pirates still in the faction lol. Gonna be the funniest thing...............

Keeping DE makes sense. They are not ToW core and their time will come with Malerion.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

Which lines up with GW getting all they can from their fans; people will still be buying dwarfs for both games and will feel some sort of emotion about double dipping when the AoS city dwarfs (or their equivalents) drop without much overlap with the stuff that people *just* bought.

I can tell you that all they are making me do with this is zero-dip on dwarves. Even if they are good in the Cities index, I will definitely view them as temporary and 3D print or kitbash them if I want to use them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Is it just me or are Brutes completely insane? You can give them seven damage three attacks that do crit mortals if you get all the buffs off. A unit of 10 could one shot pretty much anything in the game. Even if you only get the damage prayer and Zoggrok's ability, that an average of 16 mortal damage plus all the regular damage. Obviously you'll never get all the buffs simultaneously but there are some many options, you'll always get some of the buffs off. 

I'm not seeing your math line up on that 16 mortals with only two buffs, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, Brutes are even slower than they used to be, and were already often left behind partially due to their lack of speed compared to better options. I'm not gonna say they're bad, but they may be a bit like Gotrek in terms of how you play around them--if you get into combat with a heavily buffed unit of Brutes, that's your own fault. Doubly so if you let the Megaboss's second attack buff go off, as it depends on the brutes fighting after him but not immediately after.

Oh, and also also, those buffs are hero sourced, which means you're looking at several drops just on buffing. Maybe some of them can be folded into other regiments, I dunno. But Zogrok, a Warchanter, and a Megaboss on foot is three heroes and therefore potentially three drops you're committed to. You could already be stuck losing the drop game on that alone before considering a Maw-Krusha, second Warchanter for alternate prayers, or a Weirdnob for Manifestation summoning.

TL;DR: Perfectly spherical brutes in a vacuum are no substitute for actual reps on the table in terms of assessing things.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I remember reading a fistful of pages back that people were speculating (iirc) that Dwarfs were quietly pushed back until the next quarter to make numbers go up

If that's true, GW would have had all these dwarf warscrolls lined up  and ready to go to get people to dip on the more-affordable TOW boxes (and the circle bases to go with 'em) 

Probably will be close to 1:1 replacements but "not quite" looking at how the humans have gone so far.

I am thinking more that Dwarfs from Cities will dissapear.

ToW kits will have square bases, I really doubt double bases.

Dwarfs in Cities looks more temporal today than yesterday. They are removing a lot of stuff in 40k and AoS without new models.

The point related to sales is speculation and it is not reliable for me

33 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

One small preview for 40k, Underworlds and something more must be coming before NOVA.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am so conflicted about getting Dwarfs and High Elves for my Cities army.

On the one hand a unit of Long Beards and a Unit of Shadow Warriors/Sisters and I could add some generic fantasy Dwarves and Elves. Conversely I will regret it when they make City specific Aelves and Duardin for COS. My preferred build for the army would be a coalition between the different fantasy races but I also feel like it might be an edition or even further before we get them.

This is like inverted FOMO, like I am not buying anything in fear of getting a better option.

Honestly most of the non human stuff will most likely be gone from Cities. High elves were destroyed and Dark Elves have been set up in the last Cities book to get kicked out.

A safe bet would be to buy just 1 unit of the dwarf and elf infantry, heroes, and calvary options, but wait expanding. The big monsters are harder choice. Figured this was the best way to cover all the options without wasting too much money.

Using just the basics you can mix them in with the new human units to have a diverse army. Dwarf ironbreakers and high elves look really good alongside the new steelhelms and vise versa (even more so if all painted the same color). As long as you tell your opponent what they are before the battle they should be cool with it. That what I do and it looks pretty good.

And if they all get replaced you can always use the models for Dungeons and Dragons lol....................

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Keeping DE makes sense. They are not ToW core and their time will come with Malerion.

I just think it will be so funny when Cities for who knows how long will just be new human stuff, pirates, and dark elves. With GW pretending they won't be pulled for who knows how long lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Dwarfs in Cities looks more temporal today than yesterday. They are removing a lot of stuff in 40k and AoS without new models.

IF we comparing to 40k the purges doesn't necessarily indicate the  complete disappearance of that much. People are overhyping that way too much

Mechanicus only got one unit

Necron got three HQ two of which were replacements (the ones was lost was only 3 hero models)

then Dark angles a mini wave of 4 kit + upgrades all replacements 

Then T'au got an early reveal showing off 8 kit Kroot wave that replaced 4 models

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I'm not seeing your math line up on that 16 mortals with only two buffs, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, Brutes are even slower than they used to be, and were already often left behind partially due to their lack of speed compared to better options. I'm not gonna say they're bad, but they may be a bit like Gotrek in terms of how you play around them--if you get into combat with a heavily buffed unit of Brutes, that's your own fault. Doubly so if you let the Megaboss's second attack buff go off, as it depends on the brutes fighting after him but not immediately after.

Oh, and also also, those buffs are hero sourced, which means you're looking at several drops just on buffing. Maybe some of them can be folded into other regiments, I dunno. But Zogrok, a Warchanter, and a Megaboss on foot is three heroes and therefore potentially three drops you're committed to. You could already be stuck losing the drop game on that alone before considering a Maw-Krusha, second Warchanter for alternate prayers, or a Weirdnob for Manifestation summoning.

TL;DR: Perfectly spherical brutes in a vacuum are no substitute for actual reps on the table in terms of assessing things.

Oh I'm not saying it's a game winning strat but if you are lucky enough to get all the buffs off, your going to completely explode something which sounds fun. The two buffs plus one damage and crit mortals. 30 attacks from 10 brutes doing 3 or 4 mortal damage for each 6. 

18 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Honestly most of the non human stuff will most likely be gone from Cities. High elves were destroyed and Dark Elves have been set up in the last Cities book to get kicked out.

The old Warhammer Fantasy models will definitely be out eventually, but I am not as convinced as some that Cities will become a human only faction.

The rules have definitely leaned into making the HUMAN, DUARDIN and AELF keywords relevant when they really didn't have to. In my mind that signals a desire to keep these three races part of Cities. This is also what makes me think that new Dwarves are in the works: Cities with just the new Freeguild and old Dark Elves is not very cosmopolitan.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I can tell you that all they are making me do with this is zero-dip on dwarves. Even if they are good in the Cities index, I will definitely view them as temporary and 3D print or kitbash them if I want to use them.

When I started with CoS that was my approach with all the range. I didn't buy a single mini that was not released for AoS because I know their time will come.

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The old Warhammer Fantasy models will definitely be out eventually, but I am not as convinced as some that Cities will become a human only faction.

The rules have definitely leaned into making the HUMAN, DUARDIN and AELF keywords relevant when they really didn't have to. In my mind that signals a desire to keep these three races part of Cities. This is also what makes me think that new Dwarves are in the works: Cities with just the new Freeguild and old Dark Elves is not very cosmopolitan.

Yeah. Before I thought that it would be only humans, but the recent mentions, not only in the rules, seems to be emphasising the mixed races.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think it's interesting that the new rules for city dwarfs ditch the dispossessed keyword but keep the duardin one. It simplifies things while still allowing dwarf-only synergies, a very forward thinking move.

Just now, madmac said:

I think it's interesting that the new rules for city dwarfs ditch the dispossessed keyword but keep the duardin one. It simplifies things while still allowing dwarf-only synergies, a very forward thinking move.

They ditched all the subfaction keywords as far as I can tell, including FREEGUILD and ORDER OF AZYR. Only HUMAN, DUARDIN and AELF seem to be left.

18 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

IF we comparing to 40k the purges doesn't necessarily indicate the  complete disappearance of that much. People are overhyping that way too much

Mechanicus only got one unit

Necron got three HQ two of which were replacements (the ones was lost was only 3 hero models)

then Dark angles a mini wave of 4 kit + upgrades all replacements 

Then T'au got an early reveal showing off 8 kit Kroot wave that replaced 4 models

They purged/cut a lot of the forge world, resin, and metal models. So it is a safe bet they will get rid of all the old stuff. So some factions are safer then others.

For example Tau lost: 

• Aun’va
  • Aun’shi
  • Longstrike
  • R’varna Battlesuit
  • Y’Vahra Battlesuit
  • Tetras
  • Remora Stealth Drones
  • Barracuda

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Last year we had a non 40k preview. Maybe they do a non AoS preview which would be the perfect excuse to avoid Warcry.

Valrak mentioned a preview around 20th of July with new 40k stuff and probably other non AoS system.

Edited by cyrus

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Valrak mentioned a preview around 20th of July with new 40k stuff and probably other non AoS system.

That's it then. Which is weird is that we didn't have it announcement yet.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's it then. Which is weird is that we didn't have it announcement yet.

Not really. The not 40k preview was announced on June 26th and happend on July 1st, just 5 days later. AoS has been following the 40k pattern very closely, just two weeks late.

I'd expect and announcement on July 15th to avoid drawing attention from the AoS launch and then a show on July 20th featuring agents of the imperium, kill team, heresy admech, possibly underworlds and maybe a blood bowl tease. Then at the begining of August we get Skaven or Stormcast followed by the other faction at Nova, hopefully with a roadmap.

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Not really. The not 40k preview was announced on June 26th and happend on July 1st, just 5 days later. AoS has been following the 40k pattern very closely, just two weeks late.

I'd expect and announcement on July 15th to avoid drawing attention from the AoS launch and then a show on July 20th featuring agents of the imperium, kill team, heresy admech, possibly underworlds and maybe a blood bowl tease. Then at the begining of August we get Skaven or Stormcast followed by the other faction at Nova, hopefully with a roadmap.

Yeah. I don't remember the non 40k one, but also makes sense that they stay radio silencio to do not opaque the Skaventide launch.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Has there been any rumours on the contents of the smaller starter sets?

I think the 40k boxes could give us some hints.

So I’m guessing: one big box with the two spearheads+1 extra unit for each army+terrain, one medium box with just the two spearheads and one introductory set with 5 liberators, 10 clanrats, some paints and tools.

Edited by Sabush
  • Like 1