The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MarkK said:

Has there been any rumours on the contents of the smaller starter sets?

Considering the sprues and the confirmed content of the spearhead you can kind of guess what is 100% out.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. Before I thought that it would be only humans, but the recent mentions, not only in the rules, seems to be emphasising the mixed races.

My only fear is that they do the same thing with Tau in 40k. Lore has a ton of diverse cool races (floating giant bears and kaiju), but the tabletop tells a different story.

Maybe I am just a fool, but I also think the rules and lore point towards the dwarfs being at least the Kroot for Cities. Dark elves and pirates are stuck there until they get their own factions and with Chaos dwarfs next that may be years.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

My only fear is that they do the same thing with Tau in 40k. Lore has a ton of diverse cool races (floating giant bears and kaiju), but the tabletop tells a different story.

Maybe I am just a fool, but I also think the rules and lore point towards the dwarfs being at least the Kroot for Cities. Dark elves and pirates are stuck there until they get their own factions and with Chaos dwarfs next that may be years.

I wouldn't mind if that the case. After hummies,  dawis are my favs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Not really. The not 40k preview was announced on June 26th and happend on July 1st, just 5 days later. AoS has been following the 40k pattern very closely, just two weeks late.

I'd expect and announcement on July 15th to avoid drawing attention from the AoS launch and then a show on July 20th featuring agents of the imperium, kill team, heresy admech, possibly underworlds and maybe a blood bowl tease. Then at the begining of August we get Skaven or Stormcast followed by the other faction at Nova, hopefully with a roadmap.

Yes , Valrak said Agents of Imperium, Kill Team tempestus scion  and even Tow with either chaos and/or High elves 

2 hours ago, azdimy said:

Did the ghb dropped in price in Europe and UK too or is it just in US? Was surprise to see a 20% drop in price for the new ghb 24/25

It has even less content than 3th ed (no seasonal battle tactics & grand strategies, no special enhancements...) which already had less content than before, so maybe it's down to the number of pages being lower

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

It has even less content than 3th ed (no seasonal battle tactics & grand strategies, no special enhancements...) which already had less content than before, so maybe it's down to the number of pages being lower

It actually has more pages than the last ghb. Says 112 pages, last ghb was 96. Did you see a 20% discount from the last ghb in Europe?

5 hours ago, azdimy said:

It actually has more pages than the last ghb. Says 112 pages, last ghb was 96. Did you see a 20% discount from the last ghb in Europe?

I don't recall exactly the GW price of the last one but the new one is 34€ and I think the last one was indeed more expensive (38 or 40€).

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

image.png.c7655029a972c20d3fc37a4892041772.png

Nothing here seems too out of the way which actually makes me more suspicious, especially when they suddenly throw the 5th edition launch box in there 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Nothing here seems too out of the way which actually makes me more suspicious, especially when they suddenly throw the 5th edition launch box in there 

The thing that throws me off is somehow being able to predict a delay that will happen next year. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The thing that throws me off is somehow being able to predict a delay that will happen next year. 

I guess, considering how far in advance GW works, they will know already about that.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

Hammers of Hashut... very practical that this is already visible in core book. 🙄

All a bunch of BS for me. Too easy and vague at the same time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

3 new kits for Kruleboyz - I prefer this rumour over the last one 😄

3 new kits for Kruleboyz is actually semi believable with what Nighthaunt got in 3rd and Necrons got in 10th, although 2 units would be surprising over 2-3 characters and 0-1 units.

But yeah the "leak" is mostly common sense and wishlisted stuff. We'll see what happens at NOVA before taking it seriously though.

• Like 3

The 5th edition corebox bit is particularly odd to claim in a supposed leak. I mean, I think it's actually a reasonably legit guess for what the 5th ed box antagonist will be, but just that - a guess. Slotting that claim in with everything else here sounds deeply suspect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

The 5th edition corebox bit is particularly odd to claim in a supposed leak. I mean, I think it's actually a reasonably legit guess for what the 5th ed box antagonist will be, but just that - a guess. Slotting that claim in with everything else here sounds deeply suspect.

Yeah, they feel more like educated guesses.

Warcry warbands being fully integrated into AoS this edition looks like a good guess. Underworlds being separated makes sense as well.

S2D getting a new sorcerer seems obvious since the old one has left the range, leaving a conspicuous gap. It would be a shame if that was the only release with the battletome, but with the lord and chariot in the spearhead box I can see them getting skipped for refreshment this edition. It would be a real pity not to redo the manticore in light of Talia, because hers really shows up the age of the Chaos one... a spiky counterpart to that as a new centrepiece model would be fantastic.

I agree with @EonChao that we're more likely to see characters than units for Kruleboyz. Guess we'll just have to wait, though.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

image.png.c7655029a972c20d3fc37a4892041772.png

Hammers of Hashut, Fyreslayers and Ironweld for Cities. That would be good for all Duardin fans, even if KOs are not even mentioned...

• Like 2