The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

image.png.c7655029a972c20d3fc37a4892041772.png

If the pattern truly is Chaos->Death->Destro, I could see the Ossiarchs getting to be part of the next starter set. Death, but we’re attempting to extrapolate a pattern based on 4 data points so I’d take all of this with an entire salt flat’s worth of salt. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

If the pattern truly is Chaos->Death->Destro, I could see the Ossiarchs getting to be part of the next starter set. Death, but we’re attempting to extrapolate a pattern based on 4 data points so I’d take all of this with an entire salt flat’s worth of salt. 

We all know the next edition will be Stormcast vs Space Marines and despite everyone hating it and complaining it will mysteriously be the best selling edition Games Workshop has made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

We all know the next edition will be Stormcast vs Space Marines and despite everyone hating it and complaining it will mysteriously be the best selling edition Games Workshop has made.

Don't give them ideas...

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Stormcast v Super Undead Stormcast. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Stormcast vs -40k Proto Marines.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

It ones those "Safest" rumor. Like most make sense if you interpolate from rumor engines and model range leaving

• Seraphon, nighthaunt all have rumor engines pointing possibly towards it 
    • Nighthaunt (but i don't know where he getting Hexwraith from this)
    • 2023-12-16.png
    • 2023-12-23.png
    • Seraphon: The Temple guard is semi-confirmed 
    • 2024-05-07.jpgSaurus Guard
  • Slaves to darkness obviously the Chaos Sorcerer since that left that something I believe they'll do (but personally i think we get a Chaos lord as well)
  • Chaos Dwarf already confirmed by Whitefang that spread across. however the Hammer of Hashut from the Core rulebook is talking to the Chaos god page where at the bottom say "In the deep darkness rings the hammers of hashut" but doesn't really confirm the name
  • Fyreslayer and Ironweld is a safe bet since fyreslayer are one of 4 factions that desperately need a refresh and CoS need replacements for both the Dispossessed & Steamtank models. And a FS & COS-Gun edition big wave sound good
  • The inside Talaxis sound plausible but the Helcrown being the location post-campaign is not. Like they plan this years in advance and setting it in a location where 3rd party can change details about the location doesn't sound plausible

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

New Rumour from Discord:

These are bologna, a mix of educated guesses and unfounded speculation.  'Orruks Warclans' alone is a dead giveaway - we already have confirmation that Krulboys and Ironjaws have been split into two factions.

• Like 1

Not sure why everyone is being so doubtful of the rumours. They are mostly realistic predictions based on known info. 

The first few battletomes is a very safe guess. The only problem is that gw usually likes to do a few decent waves of minis in the spring after launch. Warclans coming early is very likely. Nighthaunt, Khorne, Necrons and deathgaurd have all come in the first year. 

Slaves have had two big editions in a row. A smaller release sounds plausible. Seraphon also seems likely especially with the rumour engine. Not sure what Nighthaunt could get as faction terrain 

If I had to guess about the future of Warcry, this is pretty much what I'd say. Likewise Underworlds. I'm still waiting for GW to wind down support for it. I hope they move to one box set and 4 warbands a year rather than ending support. 

It probably is just guesswork, but they are some pretty solid guesses which are worth paying attention to. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Amenephis said:

>claiming that the Underworlds warbands won't have rules is a leak after the indexes have already come out

What a brave take.

But it would confirm that the future ones won't have a chance for AoS.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

But it would confirm that the future ones won't have a chance for AoS.

I could see GW wanting to develop Underworlds into something akin to Necormunda. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Finally Celestant Prime wielding Sigmar's own hammer hits harder than Bastian Carthalos. 

I mean sure Ghal Maraz should be strong... but I would put good money on Bastian killing a Bloodthirster using this:
image.png.6963783bb4c519ef099630d46e08eea0.png