The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Not sure why everyone is being so doubtful of the rumours. They are mostly realistic predictions based on known info...

I mean... that's the issue.

People are doubtful of this rumour because it's realistic predictions based on known info, presented as insider information.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

WTF... I just cannot understand them anymore.

It’s ridiculous. 
„they are arriving shortly“ JUST STOP LYING AND TELL ME WHEN

The little hush-hush game they’re playing is  needless and too annoying.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

I mean... that's the issue.

People are doubtful of this rumour because it's realistic predictions based on known info, presented as insider information.

The most realistic or trueful rumors are usually just one item with maybe a few detail about them.

example: next battletome is Seraphon looks like it coming with 2 release boxes: Saurus Eternity warden and Saurus Guard. 

the ones that tries to predicts a whole timeline of releases are usually the ones that are false

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

I could see GW wanting to develop Underworlds into something akin to Necormunda. 

Meaning a system that is set within the same Universe but with separate miniatures. 

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Taking it easy after a big release is not that uncommon so shrug 

I know, but removing the duardins from CoS, the dwarven book sold over ebay... it was just looking like they were imminent.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

The most realistic or trueful rumors are usually just one item with maybe a few detail about them.

example: next battletome is Seraphon looks like it coming with 2 release boxes: Saurus Eternity warden and Saurus Guard. 

the ones that tries to predicts a whole timeline of releases are usually the ones that are false

And on some occasions, we also have a decent chunky list of stuff, like with Warhound. His first message had to be edited by a mod because it contained some offensive stuff and even with that he aimed it all.

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I know, but removing the duardins from CoS, the dwarven book sold over ebay... it was just looking like they were imminent.

I mean imminent can still be a week or two away, it not like at this point those timelines are so far reaching if it’s within the current month

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't know why I had the feeling it would include leaked units.

The release of new units will coincide with the battletome, so they wouldn't be in the index. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm kinda surprised, that some are surprised, that whilst Skaventide is literally still on Pre-Order, they aren't doing big reveals for other systems. Seems kinda obvious to me that they wouldn't. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I'm kinda surprised, that some are surprised, that whilst Skaventide is literally still on Pre-Order, they aren't doing big reveals for other systems. Seems kinda obvious to me that the wouldn't. 

I’m more surprised that they’ve given us Warscrolls for units that we physically do not have the capability to have yet in 4th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copywolf said:

So I had an interesting thought, what if the Chaos Dwarves have enslaved some of the remaining Drogrukh?  Possibly as new bull centaur equivalents?

Pretty sure we won't get Dogrukh in chorfs, simply because bull-centaurs are too iconic of a unit to simply give up.

• Like 2

Okay, how about this for a rumour based on apparent patterns in releases:

*Blacktalon revived her own six episode Warhammer+ series - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the series.

*Calis and Toll receives a Hammer and bolster episode - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the episode.

*Brand (Darkoath) receives a Hammer and Bolter episode - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the episode.

*Hamilcar receives a Hammer and Bolter episode - is currently the only Age of Sigmar character with a Warhammer+ animation not to have since received a new novel and miniature.

New Hamilcar novel and miniature confirmed! (In my dreams)

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Okay, how about this for a rumour based on apparent patterns in releases:

*Blacktalon revived her own six episode Warhammer+ series - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the series.

*Calis and Toll receives a Hammer and bolster episode - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the episode.

*Brand (Darkoath) receives a Hammer and Bolter episode - During Dawnbringers a new novel and boxset based on their appearance in the episode.

*Hamilcar receives a Hammer and Bolter episode - is currently the only Age of Sigmar character with a Warhammer+ animation not to have since received a new novel and miniature.

New Hamilcar novel and miniature confirmed! (In my dreams)

Who knows. It could be one of the newly released minis from the follow-up wave, but IMO, it's not very likely.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Who knows. It could be one of the newly released minis from the follow-up wave, but IMO, it's not very likely.

Yeah, more speculation than a rumour. But at some later point I’d expect to see some kind of event with a resolution to the Vermindoom during this edition. And as it sounds like Ikit is involved with the current story and he was introduced to AoS in Hamilar’s novel ‘Champion of the Gods’ it would make sense for him and Hamilcar to have a grudge match and receive models as part of that.

“Only in their squealing death throes is there a hint at a unifying mastermind behind this uncharacteristically single-minded assault – the enigmatic ‘Left Claw’.”2024, May 23rd.  https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/23/the-hour-of-ruin-is-upon-us-this-is-what-it-means-for-the-mortal-realms/

And while I’m wishlisting I also want to see FatShark announce Vermintide III: Vermindoom within the next four years.

*Edit- found the quote for Ikit being the mastermind behind the Vermindoom.

Edited by Ledgington