The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hollow said:

I'm kinda surprised, that some are surprised, that whilst Skaventide is literally still on Pre-Order, they aren't doing big reveals for other systems. Seems kinda obvious to me that they wouldn't. 

I mean they are doing Necromunda right reveal now actually and probably go into HH AD Mech pretty soon, granted none of these are thing people here would care about but they are revealing stuff other then AoS right now

Edited by novakai

8 hours ago, Ledgington said:

Yeah, more speculation than a rumour. But at some later point I’d expect to see some kind of event with a resolution to the Vermindoom during this edition. And as it sounds like Ikit is involved with the current story and he was introduced to AoS in Hamilar’s novel ‘Champion of the Gods’ it would make sense for him and Hamilcar to have a grudge match and receive models as part of that.

“Only in their squealing death throes is there a hint at a unifying mastermind behind this uncharacteristically single-minded assault – the enigmatic ‘Left Claw’.”2024, May 23rd.  https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/23/the-hour-of-ruin-is-upon-us-this-is-what-it-means-for-the-mortal-realms/

And while I’m wishlisting I also want to see FatShark announce Vermintide III: Vermindoom within the next four years.

*Edit- found the quote for Ikit being the mastermind behind the Vermindoom.

Skreech Verminking is the Left Claw of the Horned Rat, we've been over this before. 

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Skreech Verminking is the Left Claw of the Horned Rat, we've been over this before. 

Ah, I must have missed that. A bit of a shame. Ikit is a considerably more interesting character.

22 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Ah, I must have missed that. A bit of a shame. Ikit is a considerably more interesting character.

Also suffering from being dead. Agreed it's a shame but AoS needs fresh characters and to move forwards. 

Afaik it's already been soft confirmed that the rat behind it all is the new named verminlord-esque creature who's name I forget.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Also suffering from being dead. Agreed it's a shame but AoS needs fresh characters and to move forwards. 

Afaik it's already been soft confirmed that the rat behind it all is the new named verminlord-esque creature who's name I forget.

Vizzik. Mentioned in the last one:

Dawnbringer Chronicles XXX – The Hour of Ruin - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Bloomin 'eck! GW already run out of things to release for AoS?

They have not. Briar and Bone, for one, is even still waiting for its release.

In terms of post 4th ed launch:

We should expect the rest of the new Stormcast and Skaven within 2 months, then two more battletomes with minimal miniatures for the rest of the year. I believe that is what GW did for the last edition launches of AoS and 40k.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, michu said:

I really want this preorder to be over. It's too long. So many things have to wait for their turn...

I don't think the pre order is too long, 2 weeks is perfect for a new edition. They just revealed the other stuff waaaay too early

Edit: Except Briar and Bone, that should have been out already for sure. It's been 4 months and we already have all the rules to play them in AoS, and both warbands are proper AoS units now meaning that Sylvaneth and OBR will have part of their range unavailable.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think the pre order is too long, 2 weeks is perfect for a new edition. They just revealed the other stuff waaaay too early

Edit: Except Briar and Bone, that should have been out already for sure. It's been 4 months and we already have all the rules to play them in AoS, and both warbands are proper AoS units now meaning that Sylvaneth and OBR will have part of their range unavailable.

Could be that GW suffered from not having that many previews recently so they could have split a bit the things and got everything revealed closer to its launch?

46 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I really wonder what delays happened to Briar and Bone, because that feels like it should have been out already.

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Could be that GW suffered from not having that many previews recently so they could have split a bit the things and got everything revealed closer to its launch?

I don't think do, they did some weird stuff though. The Vulkyn Flameseekers were just revealed on a random monday out of nowhere.

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Speaking of Briar and Bone, has anybody seen the Battlescrolls for the Teratic Cohort and Twistweald? Just curious as to what their tabletop stats and abilities are. 

I have seen the 4th ed warscroll for Teratic Cohort. Honest Wargamer has a faction video on OBR that goes through all their rules. Don't remember their stats, but they get ambush deployment as their special ability. They are one unit, not divided into individual dogs, birds and dudes.

51 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Speaking of Briar and Bone, has anybody seen the Battlescrolls for the Teratic Cohort and Twistweald? Just curious as to what their tabletop stats and abilities are. 

If I remember they had deep striking capability, the centaur and cyclops guys had a different weapon profile to the rest as all the others had companion weapons.

54 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

image.png.3afc684beaf52e57c5fdec72a49127c3.png

The deployment phase is just a "Setup in outflanking" ability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are you ready for another Necromonday? 😅

YEAH ! And I'm also ready for a tons of rules and the BATTLE PROFILE (points and regiment attributions) !!

EDIT : From WarCom : 

• Rules and Terrain: Comprising the Core Rules, Advanced Rules, Spearhead Rules, Terrain Rules, and Glossary 
  • Spearhead reference 
  • Battle Profiles and rules updates
  • Age of Sigmar Quickstart Guide 
Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

YEAH ! And I'm also ready for a tons of rules and the BATTLE PROFILE (points and regiment attributions) !!

• Rules and Terrain: Comprising the Core Rules, Advanced Rules, Spearhead Rules, Terrain Rules, and Glossary 
  • Spearhead reference 

True, hehehe. I am more of a minis and lore guy than a rules guy. I just hope it is not Necromunda again 😅

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

• Spearhead reference 

Can't wait to finally get into the rules for real. I held back trying to work from imgur galleries and youtube videos this time around.

I am also super interested in the new list building mechanics and points. I want to see how workable my lists from last 3rd still are.

• Like 3