The Rumour Thread

It is also a little silly to have little skirmisher units running around in giant blocks, to be fair. And I can see an argument that a lot of the warcry squads can be kinda fiddly in terms of unit composition, so preventing them from reinforcing helps keep them a little neater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for some more AoS Black Library releases.

If you’ve ever wondered what life is like for a Fusil-Major perched precariously atop an Ogor Warhulk’s rickety watchtower, then look no further than On the Shoulders of Giants and Other Stories. This anthology of short stories opens with the eponymous tale by Adrian Tchaikovsky – author of Day of Ascension – which finds Fusil-Major Rosforth consigned to an unlikely friendship after a career-ending injury.

K320PTBztu5tevnp.jpg

Elsewhere, the lingering aftereffects of Morathi-Khaine’s bid for divine power return to the surface in Anvils of the Heldenhammer: The Ancients by Dale Lucas. It has been 20 years since the ascendent goddess ripped the city of Anvilgard away from Sigmar. Many of its mortal population were slain that night, but the souls of the Stormcast Eternals were not able to return to Azyr – for they were not killed, but rather imprisoned deep beneath its streets.

Knight-Incantor Tivrain Greymantle is haunted by the call of her captured comrades. Forbidden from risking a clash with Sigmar’s tenuous allies by freeing her trapped brethren, she nevertheless sets out into the steaming jungles of the Circle of Life looking to make a difference.

JvMenkPDyNB6ZIzf.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It has been 20 years since the ascendent goddess ripped the city of Anvilgard away from Sigmar. Many of its mortal population were slain that night, but the souls of the Stormcast Eternals were not able to return to Azyr – for they were not killed, but rather imprisoned deep beneath its streets.

Knight-Incantor Tivrain Greymantle is haunted by the call of her captured comrades. Forbidden from risking a clash with Sigmar’s tenuous allies by freeing her trapped brethren, she nevertheless sets out into the steaming jungles of the Circle of Life looking to make a difference.

Wait... there are still Stormcast Eternals imprisoned in Har Kuron (ex-Anvilguard) 20 years after Morathi took the city????

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Now I want a full novel with that concept instead of a (presumably) 20 page short :D

Those "X and Other Stories" books always have the title story being a novella with the rest of the stories just being short stories. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Always happy to see more black library. I like the almost monthly cadence they have going. I'm slowly dropping back though. I'm currently reading First Forged and still haven't got to any of this year's books. I bought the last AoS subscription to support tga's own  writer and bought the last three collections while I was at it. I think I now have more than 50 unread AoS short stories in my collection. 

• Like 4

Looking forward to the Anvilguard book, it set 20 years after the fall of anviguard so the elderplate would still be in use.

Am enjoying the literature so far the new releases are definetely finding their feet, read the boc battletome opening and they've had an okay send off left a bit ambiguous for their return.

I hope they do the same for the bonesplitters.

Edited by Kempak
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I wonder if it will answer the great mystery of how the gunner on top stays on top. 

It is glued to the base. The mini is a 100% accurate representation.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I understand that GW uses the available bits in the sprue for the amount of standard bearers and musicians.... however, I find it a little bit excessive to have 1 of each every 5 Grave Guard models, when the minimum unit size is 10

2024-07-10_16-19-33.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frodorowski said:

I understand that GW uses the available bits in the sprue for the amount of standard bearers and musicians.... however, I find it a little bit excessive to have 1 of each every 5 Grave Guard models, when the minimum unit size is 10

2024-07-10_16-19-33.png

Graveguard are just very musically inclined. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Frodorowski said:

2024-07-10_16-19-33.png

Might also be telling of future intent? Who knows with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

image.png.522fa06d8dff34c0667ddfd8cef8f95b.png

You see that James that me throwing money at you if you keep giving me more interspecies CoS

Anvil novel look rad Dale Lucas did the Godbane book so i puck up. The anvils has been rather shat on in the lore for a while since broken realm so seeing them get a novel is preety good

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I wonder if it will answer the great mystery of how the gunner on top stays on top. 

Ogors have a long history of putting smaller friends on poles and holding them up. While the Mawtribes mostly limit this to Gnoblars on the field of battle, city Ogors have brought the cultural practice to their new friends in the military, and hold steady with all the resolve they can muster.

Edited by Sahrial
Posted early
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Ogors have a long history of putting smaller friends on poles and holding them up. While the Mawtribes mostly limit this to Gnoblars on the field of battle, city Ogors have brought the cultural practice to their new friends in the military, and hold steady with all the resolve they can muster.

See I have been assuming that Azyrian Culture is guilty of cultural erasure but it turns out that it is more into appropriation. Still problematic but at least I can build my city to work along my Ogors by being a frontier city dedicated to fine dining.

• Like 2

Seeing what they do with Ogors will be interesting. Part of me wonders what a trip down the savage ogor/gorger trail would look like expanded more. Or a true dive into everwinter aesthetic. I think giving Ogors a innovated goblar would be an awesome way to make them more unique!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frodorowski said:

TBH, the effect of having multiple standard bearers / musicians is so small that it really doesn't matter if you put the max or the min in the unit.

Even none at all, actually.