The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

ummm it seems like I can't vote for Hel Crown. The QR code redirects me to the regular webpage where there isn't a vote abled. Anyone has voted as of yet?

My bet, it is not up yet. The main site had maintenance planned for today, it could be linked to this.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

My bet, it is not up yet. The main site had maintenance planned for today, it could be linked to this.

Also I'm sure we'll get another WarCom article to officially start the campaign, probably in the same article as the new app that should also be available today

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3

Regiments/Armies of Renown on the App.

They are interesting, but a bit boring. Most of the armies of renown have low number of units and it makes everything boring (take 1 of the 4-5 hero options, and spam the same unit, repeat until you have 2000p)

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Shieldbearer Lord is cheaper than I expected. I know it's probably not the biggest model in practice, but still. 

And also, it is two models. I was expecting 55 € as the Bretonian one.

Crazy the amount of PDF we got basically for free with the launch of 4th edition. So for those with the new App, is the new General's handbook entirely on it ? Like, including the Manifestations Warscrolls ? 

Because if I list what IS NOT on PDF right know or IS NOT included in Skaventide :

• 2 Battleplans from the First Blood Battle Pack (the 1st one and the rules are in the free Core Rules pdf)
  • the Path To Glory Battle pack in the core book
  • the Manifestations from the GHB (and the TO guidlines), the rest being in Skaventide (i.e. YouTube) and maybe the app. 
  • the cards and twists from Spearhead (like the Manifestations and GHB, entirely visible on YouTube though...).

Everything else, from Spearhead to Rosters (even Path To Glory one) to Armies Of Renown to Faction Packs is available on PDF.

EDIT : also great to see the "official" base sizes have been updated on the Battle profiles. Lastly, wondering if the Hel's Claw Lore booklet will be presented today with the Hel Crown campaign...

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 4

App seems fine so far, which is a bit of a shame really, as more and more of its functionality will get locked out as time goes on, unless you buy a physical book. Was able to create lists no problem.

One thing which would be nice though, would be to have an unbound option for the battle size with no regiment restrictions - this would be handy for tracking owned/assembled/painted models etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Starter Sets revealed. 

Not many surprises here, though the Ultimate Starter Set includes the Fire & Jade book which is a plus. I also prefer them literally calling them Starter Sets and not the various 'Command Set' names that mean nothing to a total newbie.

GYySpLBgaF8tj9Ha.jpg

I'm surprised to see the Fire and Jade book in there. It makes sense to have the rest of the Spearhead stuff in there as you need it to play Spearhead and with the included models thats obviously what they intend you to do but I just expected a small booklet with the rules not the full F&J book.
But having the full F&J book in there means you also get all the rules for every other faction which in turn also makes it likely you will pick up another faction so I guess I guess it makes sense to include it

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IrlLordy said:

App seems fine so far, which is a bit of a shame really, as more and more of its functionality will get locked out as time goes on, unless you buy a physical book. Was able to create lists no problem.

One thing which would be nice though, would be to have an unbound option for the battle size with no regiment restrictions - this would be handy for tracking owned/assembled/painted models etc.

Yeah, the 40k app was free for about 2 months or so untill the codexes started coming out. The paywall will come in after the Skaven and Stormcast battle times release, or possibly after the next two unknown ones release. 

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Starter Sets and Stormcast/Skaven Paint Sets revealed. 

Not many surprises here, though the Ultimate Starter Set includes the Fire & Jade book which is a plus. I also prefer them literally calling them Starter Sets and not the various 'Command Set' names that mean nothing to a total newbie.

GYySpLBgaF8tj9Ha.jpg

mrSTFgUigv0sybSU.jpg

a7m0dFjgONMVMAza.jpg

NJ6tW9jtEwahxD9m.jpg

Don't buy the individual spearheads when they release.

You'll save a load of money by buying the contents separately on eBay. 5 liberators are going for between £5-6.99 right now. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Crazy the amount of PDF we got basically for free with the launch of 4th edition. 

I know, right? I feel like a bit of a miser, but I really don't need to buy anything. I'm going to get all the PDF materials I need printed out and nicely bound at my local office supplies shop, for just a few dollars. I don't think I'll be missing anything.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Starter Sets and Stormcast/Skaven Paint Sets revealed. 

GYySpLBgaF8tj9Ha.jpg

Starter Sets:

Paint Sets:

I am quite disappointed... this edition is pretty low in scenery compared to the previous one... also, did they release the classic lore pamphlet only in the digital version? It seems none of the boxes includes it:

image.png.6407d07700b7a0356f17a4d18ea6a709.png

Messing around with the app and I am not the biggest fan of the regiment system, it isn't difficult just a little unintuitive.

Like I can run all my Stormcast but had to go back and forth to see which heroes can run which units because I do not have an offhand knowledge of which unit belongs to which chamber. 

Still I spent a long time working out a full Slaves to Darkness cavalry army in 3rd edition and now with the points increases it is just ready to go. My Ogors were also straight forward but if I want to add my Gorgers they'd need to be Auxiliary luckily I have enough with just my Beastclaws. 

Edited by Neverchosen

15 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Don't buy the individual spearheads when they release.

You'll save a load of money by buying the contents separately on eBay. 5 liberators are going for between £5-6.99 right now. 

All those eBay listings are so depressing. Only £5! (+£18.50 shipping)😢

• Like 4