The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I thought that was some kind of mechanical foot for a second, but it is holo projector, right? In that case, 40k for sure.

It happened to me as well! Looks like a foot but it is a holo.

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They are making a miniature of a Space Marine using a 3d printer printing miniatures.

You jest, but I love those miniatures or dioramas that deal with the hobby in miniature form. (like miniatures painting even smaller miniatures)

• Like 1

As the Stormcast Eternals and Skaven battle for control of Hel Crown itself, other factions can take their chance to seize power in the surrounding area. On top of results from the Skaventide set, you’ll be able to enter battle results between all other factions at the same site, and influence the lore of the struggle.

You cannot really add "other factions", just order and chaos. And influence the lore... hum...

8x831k.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You cannot really add "other factions", just order and chaos. And influence the lore... hum...

8x831k.jpg

Yeah I think it might have been more of a competition if they let you declare your faction instead of just Order and Chaos. If people got to actually influence their factions lore outside of Stormcast/Skaven it would be a lot more enticing. 

Just now, DinoJon said:

Yeah I think it might have been more of a competition if they let you declare your faction instead of just Order and Chaos. If people got to actually influence their factions lore outside of Stormcast/Skaven it would be a lot more enticing. 

And it is what you understood by reading the first mention... sad :(

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Curious that they didn't add the %s as usual.

Desperate Stormcast win incoming, believe me. 

(I HOPE SO OMG)

Many hints pointing to that outcome though : as you said Marines started winning then Tyranid pushed back at Ograhm (SCE will win inside, Order will lose outside), and they have designed a city heraldic, backstory and a map NOT to make it a blasted ruin seconds after. Right, fellow Emberguardians ? ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Whateley said:

[logs in looking for CHORF rumours]

[no new CHORF rumours]

[leaves while muttering angrily]

You're likely to be angry for a while, because unless our great seer returns soon, chaos dwarfs will be keeping a low profile for at least a year, if not more I'd say.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Desperate Stormcast win incoming, believe me. 

(I HOPE SO OMG)

Many hints pointing to that outcome though : as you said Marines started winning then Tyranid pushed back at Ograhm (SCE will win inside, Order will lose outside), and they have designed a city heraldic, backstory and a map NOT to make it a blasted ruin seconds after. Right, fellow Emberguardians ? ...

It doesn't look like... 38%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

8x831k.jpg

Oh, I think it's entirely genuine. 

It's just that "influence the lore" means that Hel Crown will stand or fall, and then probably never be mentioned again.

Like the Leviathan release campaign, Battle for Oghram, resulted in the fans influencing the lore. It made Oghram fall to the 'Nids, instead of standing against the 'Nids, and now the whole of the Formidyre System is at risk!

What's Oghram, and the Formidyre System, you ask? Ummm... well... they're... lore... that have been influenced...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Good luck with life! …and beating Elden Ring. Had a grand time with the DLC, it‘s truly great - Rellana was awesome, and as a dex/int build I felt like a true Tzeentchian with her weapon. 

I think GW bumbled the Tzeentch rules massively, so until the battletome hopefully fixes them, I don‘t think I‘ll play 4th much, if at all. At least Elden Ring‘s verticality inspired me to build hills again, this time without using rock molds due to the weight of large pieces

Rellana was such an enjoyable (if frustrating) fight, though since I’m mainly a dex/arcane player I forgoes her spell in exchange for her awesome swords. 

9 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Oh, I think it's entirely genuine. 

It's just that "influence the lore" means that Hel Crown will stand or fall, and then probably never be mentioned again.

Like the Leviathan release campaign, Battle for Oghram, resulted in the fans influencing the lore. It made Oghram fall to the 'Nids, instead of standing against the 'Nids, and now the whole of the Formidyre System is at risk!

What's Oghram, and the Formidyre System, you ask? Ummm... well... they're... lore... that have been influenced...

The cities from Seeds of Hope got permanently added to the setting and became important. I don't know why everyone assumes Hel Crown will disappear from the lore and never get mentioned again even if Stormcast win.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The cities from Seeds of Hope got permanently added to the setting and became important. I don't know why everyone assumes Hel Crown will disappear from the lore and never get mentioned again even if Stormcast win.

I don’t think we should use the Seeds of Hope as an example anymore…. Especially after what happened to Blackpyre.

1 minute ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I don’t think we should use the Seeds of Hope as an example anymore…. Especially after what happened to Blackpyre.

But why? The while Phoenicium arc was hugely impactful to the narrative. The city was founded, became a playable subfaction, and was destroyed by Chaos over the span of several years. A city growing and falling is a paradigm example of the world narrative developing.

• Like 4