The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I don’t think we should use the Seeds of Hope as an example anymore…. Especially after what happened to Blackpyre.

Phoenicium gone fine

but the Seed of Hope also build Greywater Fastness (the fan favorite city) & Living city

18 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Phoenicium gone fine

but the Seed of Hope also build Greywater Fastness (the fan favorite city) & Living city

True, but Greywater Fastness was later revealed to be a Tzeebtchian plot to sow discord between Sigmar and Allariele due to its rampant need for wood and resources for production.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The cities from Seeds of Hope got permanently added to the setting and became important. I don't know why everyone assumes Hel Crown will disappear from the lore and never get mentioned again even if Stormcast win.

That would be awesome, indeed, but GW tends to go the other direction. A slight mention and radio silence, as @LordSolarMach said. But it is also true that AoS tends to do things better than 40k lately, so with a bit of luck we have something decent lore wise from this.

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I don’t think we should use the Seeds of Hope as an example anymore…. Especially after what happened to Blackpyre.

Why not? It lasted two editions. It was important in the lore, a playable city. What else do we need for it to be a good example?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

whatever the outcome, i'm glad we got this artwork out of it

image.jpeg.a6bb1ad5b958f5585049d6dabae65559.jpeg

It has all the vibes of the 1st edition box. I wonder if the 5th edition one would kind of "rhyme" with the Soul Wars artwork.

warhammer-age-of-sigmar-armies-guide-main-image-stormcast-battle-chaos.jpg

HelCrownReminder Jul16 Art

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

True, but Greywater Fastness was later revealed to be a Tzeebtchian plot to sow discord between Sigmar and Allariele due to its rampant need for wood and resources for production.

Regardless of the intent behind its founding, it’s still prominent in the background. Has its own heraldry and colour scheme and everything, I think it’s comfortably in the top 3 or 4 best known cities of Sigmar.

I don’t envision Hel Crown getting the same level of attention but it’s not like Greywater Fastness is actually chaos corrupted or in any danger of being dropped from the background.

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Reminder that Embergard got its own heraldry while Verdigris, the city that survived, didn't. 

I wouldn't say Embergard got its own heraldry. They just gave them one of the "miscellaneous city" designs from the transfer sheet. If they wouldn't like they could give Verdigris another one from the two that are left unused.

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Rellana was such an enjoyable (if frustrating) fight, though since I’m mainly a dex/arcane player I forgoes her spell in exchange for her awesome swords. 

The spell is kinda useless as it‘s almost too hard to pull off against the DLC bosses. Most of them are too aggressive for it, so you could only do it if you use a summon and they target that. There are extra remembrance copyshops in the DLC (not walking mausoleums this time, just the inner grave directly on the map), just FYI. 

I copied hers as that sword is a ton of fun and pretty decent at high levels; else the scaling sucks a bit but style > substance. 😎

54 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Have there been any recent AOS rumours? I'm aware of Chorfs, Kurnothi and a few other vague things. 

Has the Rumour mill just been on stop while 4th Edition launched/

Gitmob, if you are not aware of it. Those rumours won more credibility with one of the recent RE.

• Like 2

Question, are the Slayers that are being released for pre-order for TOW dwarves plastic, metal, or resin? Like the actual Slayer unit, not the characters. I think they would be metal, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. I want a bunch to run in place of Fyreslayers, I like them better than the plastic kits. 

34 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

Question, are the Slayers that are being released for pre-order for TOW dwarves plastic, metal, or resin? Like the actual Slayer unit, not the characters. I think they would be metal, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. I want a bunch to run in place of Fyreslayers, I like them better than the plastic kits. 

They'll be metal. Iirc none of the Slayers were ever turned into Finecast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They'll be metal. Iirc none of the Slayers were ever turned into Finecast.

Almost none of the minis have been moved from metal to resin, right? Only the Trebuchet (because they lost the moulds or were in pretty bad shape), IIRC.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Almost none of the minis have been moved from metal to resin, right? Only the Trebuchet (because they lost the moulds or were in pretty bad shape), IIRC.

Trebuchet, Screaming Skull Catapult, Tomb Giant, giant Giant, and Wyvern iirc

• Thanks 1