The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

How did White Dwarf confirm the new Lord-Relictor? I must have missed this

It mentions that Relictors are now part of the ruination chamber and they care for the rest of the members of the chamber.

• Thanks 1

An interesting contest to win 33 BL books:

Win 33 Black Library Books with Warhammer+ this Week - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

WHPlus Jul17 BLPromo

Note that it is not necessary to be a W+ subscriber, the T&C always have a way to participate for free.

Also, seeing this reminded me that we are about 1 month away from seeing the new W+ minis!

WHPlus Jul17 Image2

Hopefully they solve a RE or two!

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

How did White Dwarf confirm the new Lord-Relictor? I must have missed this

It say that Ionus has assigned the Lord Relictor as guardians and overseers of the Bleak Chambers. Lord Vigilant are sort under their authority but it the Lord relictor ensure that the attendees are pacify and calm down during their manic breakdown 

• Like 1

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

August gonna be great with Hel's Crown Reveal, WH+ and Nova !

Bets for the AoS mini?

The CoS side of me thinks about a mini like the Verdigris Marshall Iscilla Thorian, but it would be very thematic to get something for Skaven. The problem is that it would have to be something bigger than a simple rat. Maybe something with tokens, like the Sorcerer from the last year if they pick Skavens.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Bets for the AoS mini?
<...> it would be very thematic to get something for Skaven. The problem is that it would have to be something bigger than a simple rat <...>

W+ minis have been getting smaller each year so i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a literal rat...

Edited by skylerboodie
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

It say that Ionus has assigned the Lord Relictor as guardians and overseers of the Bleak Chambers. Lord Vigilant are sort under their authority but it the Lord relictor ensure that the attendees are pacify and calm down during their manic breakdown 

Kind of wondering if people are reading too much into this. Ionus and both Relictors (Lord and Knight) do not have the RUINATION keyword in the battle pack. And the breakdown you gave kind of seems to position them outside of the Ruination Chamber narratively, as well.

3 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

W+ minis have been getting smaller each year so i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a literal rat...

And the next year another rat, but one of the size of the rats that goes in the basing as decoration.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kind of wondering if people are reading too much into this. Ionus and both Relictors (Lord and Knight) do not have the RUINATION keyword in the battle pack. And the breakdown you gave kind of seems to position them outside of the Ruination Chamber narratively, as well.

As this would be part of the follow-up wave, and the new BT, that keyword could be added later on.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting... The Lord Celestant was part of the range cut article, but not the Lord Relictor (nor Vandus), but I guess it makes sense for them to disappear, as the first edition box is not coming back.

Did you find any other warscroll that could point to a renewal?

Not really. 

Paladins and judicators are not coming back in thunderstrike . 

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Not really. 

I agree with Paladins, since their role is already filled by Annihilators and Reclusians, but what makes you confident that Judicators are not coming back? Of all the cut units, they seem like the most likely candidates for a refresh to me.

Although overall I would expect new Ruination units rather then refreshed Warrior Chamber stuff. The Ruination chamber currently only has two units in it apart from heroes: Reclusians and Prosecutors.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

In a way, Thunderstrike Paladins like Annihilaltors (Hammers) and Reclusians (Axes - maybe two-handed Axes if we got a multipart kit hopefully) are updates to Retributor (hammers) and Decimator (Axes), and Preators (even if they aren't Paladins and have two-handed long Axes) have a functional role similar to Protectors (lances, now used by Vindictors). 

And IIRC I read in the Supplement Battletome that many Judicators are induced into Vigilors scout parties (fitting the unit size and bows). 

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree with Paladins, since their role is already filled by Annihilators and Reclusians, but what makes you confident that Judicators are not coming back? Of all the cut units, they seem like the most likely candidates for a refresh to me.

Although overall I would expect new Ruination units rather then refreshed Warrior Chamber stuff. The Ruination chamber currently only has two units in it apart from heroes: Reclusians and Prosecutors.

Because of the Battle Profiles document and how units are divided between the Faction Pack and Battletome Supplement. All Paladins and Judicators are in the Supplement and have the 'will be going to Legends' stipulation. The Liberators and Prosecutors are in the Faction Pack and don't have the Legends note, just like the Lord Celestant and the Lord Relictor.

That is a strong case that we will be getting a Thunderstrike Lord Celestant and a Thunderstrike Lord Relictor, plus some completely new unrevealed, probably Ruination-themed units, as the Stormcast battletome wave.

If Judicators were getting a refresh, they would be in the Faction Pack instead of the Supplement, like the Celestant and Relictor.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Vagard said:

Also do we know the difference between double hammer and hammer/shield for liberators? I didn't see it anywhere yet

None. They all count as Liberators with shields.

Edited by Ejecutor

5 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Because of the Battle Profiles document and how units are divided between the Faction Pack and Battletome Supplement. All Paladins and Judicators are in the Supplement and have the 'will be going to Legends' stipulation. The Liberators and Prosecutors are in the Faction Pack and don't have the Legends note, just like the Lord Celestant and the Lord Relictor.

That is a strong case that we will be getting a Thunderstrike Lord Celestant and a Thunderstrike Lord Relictor, plus some completely new unrevealed, probably Ruination-themed units, as the Stormcast battletome wave.

If Judicators were getting a refresh, they would be in the Faction Pack instead of the Supplement, like the Celestant and Relictor.

This but i should note that there is the possibility of a new unit that take the Judicators placement much like how Annihilator took the pladin role

If we go by last edition SCE should be getting ~8-9 kit post box so apart from the three i mention they're definitely getting at least 6 new units 

1-2 name characters and possibility of one unit geting multipart that leaves around 3 units 

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

There definitely going to be a lord Relictor as they'll wouldn't put that much depth in the new lore for them not mention the faction back. However the text didn't say their IN the Ruination chamber but are wardens so it might be still warrior chamber or could be a promotion sort of thing

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

I found it very strange. I suspect they will have a proper warscroll for each weapon choice in the BT

I doubt it as it was a topic pointed out in one of the articles, and it was precisely done with the Liberators.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

That's a good explanation, thank you. The only thing that makes me kind of doubt it is that the Knight-Azyros, which we know is getting a new model, appears in neither document (unlike its alternate build, the Knight-Venator, which is in the Battletome Supplement and therefor cut for good). So wouldn't that suggest no new models for the Lord-Relictor, since it is in the faction pack with its old model?

26 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I found it very strange. I suspect they will have a proper warscroll for each weapon choice in the BT

There's different schools of thought on this that go back and forth.  One says that explicit weapon differences are more immersive and allow for more variety.  The other says that one of the two options will always be 'best', and end up pressuring people into building models in ways they don't like, or punishing them mechanically if they build for aesthetics and choose wrong.

Neither is 'right' or 'wrong', just different priorities, and right now the latter has precedence in the design studio.  I expect that will change with time, partially because it's a bit visually counter-intuitive, partially because having different rules for different weapons gives people with more money than sense an excuse to buy more minis, and mostly just because /not/ having different weapon rules is mechanically stifling from a design perspective.  Basically, I think the devs will run out of design space to work with and get bored.  That said, when we do see weapon options again, it might be in the form of wholly different units.  I mean, there already isn't really anything more than what weapons they carry to separate 'liberators' from 'vindicators' from 'vanquishers' - at least aesthetically and conceptually.  It was already kind of weird that stormcast guys with hammers and shield were the same unit as stormcast guys with two hammers when stormcast guys with spear and shield is a different unit entirely.

Regardless, I expect we'll have at least a year or two with the current philosophy, and while my preference is for the increased granularity of different rules for different weapons, I'll still enjoy a few years of being able to play my mortek guard and kavalos deathriders with spears without feeling like I'm penalizing myself for no reason.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we all agree that if Gotrek is going to be placed uniquely into one army it would be FS, right?

The question is, would it? With the release of the White Dwarf going straight into legends it wouldn't surprise me if Gotrekt is fully integrated into FS this edition.

The problem is that Gotrek is the last person who wants to be considered a Fyreslayer.

If anything he'd fit best in Cities of Sigmar, given his proclivities for bouncing around various Cities looking for Felix and Maleneth being an Order of Azyr agent.

Their existence has probably been soft-retconned now, but back when Dispossessed were just a PDF/GHB army they did have the Unforged who were meant to represent the more traditional Fantasy "gone mad out of shame/loss and seek a worthy death" to use your old metal Slayers as, though I can't see them coming back - even if it's to integrate Gotrek. Still, with him being an 'Old World Slayer' I think sticking him in the Battletome with 'the Old World-esq Duardin' is a better fit. 

• Like 3