The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I also checked the warscrolls and sadly the trumpet guy is also disappearing.

The true hero of the black pyramid novel! He was seriously op in that book - I remember seeing a stats list and the most wins with stormcasts armies each included him in could be coincidence, I like to think pure unadulterated badassery😎

hVMobPXxWJsyIyvx.jpg

Any rumors as to what the next WH+ subscription models will be? Is it possible we'll get an Oldblood on foot for it? While I wouldn't mind it would kind of crush the hope that we'll see templeguard if the RE is for a Warhammer+ release. 

19 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Any rumors as to what the next WH+ subscription models will be? Is it possible we'll get an Oldblood on foot for it? While I wouldn't mind it would kind of crush the hope that we'll see templeguard if the RE is for a Warhammer+ release. 

Iirc Valrak's said the 40k one will probably be a Blood Angel.

For my money, I bet the AoS one will be a Skaven of some sort. The designers seem very fond of their 'diorama'-esq models for their Heroes now and timing wise it would fit nicely with Skaventide and their new releases. 

Then again the Karskin and Vampire were both pretty random. If they look to artwork again, maybe it'll be this iconic Warlord?

1082264.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The problem is that Gotrek is the last person who wants to be considered a Fyreslayer.

Realmslayer: Blood of the Old World literally ends with him calling himself a Fyreslayer. And he does fight alongside a Fyreslayer lodge in Soulslayer.

The truth is that this doesn't matter because all this discussion around Gotrek came from someone posting fanart and people thinking it was some kind of official thing when it wasn't. 

• Like 2

Un(maybe)popular opinion: Gotrek should be a mercenary. 
That's it, he is a unique character that moves between factions. Of course he shares a bit more with some faction than others, but that's not his charm.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's it, he is a unique character that moves between factions. Of course he shares a bit more with some faction than others, but that's not his charm.

He should give his rune to Bael, get something from all duardin factions (FS, KO, IA and etc.) with rules and go full mercenary. 

Edited by cofaxest

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

I just want some kind of info on an Ogres refresh. Their current rules really expose how lacking that old range is.

Agree. They sorely need it and after seeing the Warhulk I can only imagine how epic theyll be.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Isn’t he that rule wise? You get a god-killing badass in exchange for all your ally points?

19 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  •  

and idoneth

Reveal hidden contents

>Akhelian High-Lochian
>Akhelian Knights
>Shoalherd
>Endless Spells
>And Soulblight following after with:
>Wight King’s Court
>Grave Guard
>Corpse Cart
>Endless Spells

it pretty fake-y but might as well say it

If only IDK would finally receive some proper love. Everyone mentions Fyreslayers as neglected army but IDK received exactly one foot hero model since their release about 6 years ago if not counting Underworld’s warbands.

Unfortunately those rumours really do look fake. Akhelian knights? And what exactly is Akhelian guard then?

16 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

If only IDK would finally receive some proper love. Everyone mentions Fyreslayers as neglected army but IDK received exactly one foot hero model since their release about 6 years ago if not counting Underworld’s warbands.

Unfortunately those rumours really do look fake. Akhelian knights? And what exactly is Akhelian guard then?

Everyone mentions the army they want to get expanded. For some is KO, some FS, ID, Tzeentch, CO... is not like the whole community just wants one neglected army expanded over the rest.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Agree. They sorely need it and after seeing the Warhulk I can only imagine how epic theyll be.

Big agree w both of yall

i also wanna see some bcr support that isnt monster focused. Not just the broken record of mournfangs i know i am, but a good flavorful infantry hero or unit or some smaller cavalry.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Everyone mentions the army they want to get expanded. For some is KO, some FS, ID, Tzeentch, CO... is not like the whole community just wants one neglected army expanded over the rest.

That's not exactly true. Of course that I want more KO units, but I prefer if older armies with small roster were the ones to recieve upgrades sooner than others. Fyrelsayers being the most obvious one, but KOs, Idoneth and DoK need more shiny toys.

As a player that is still waiting for new non-hero units since 2017, I wouldn't like to see the same gap for new units for other factions. And I can say the same for armies with fantasy models that are still waiting for a new AoS's ones.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's not exactly true. Of course that I want more KO units, but I prefer if older armies with small roster were the ones to recieve upgrades sooner than others. Fyrelsayers being the most obvious one, but KOs, Idoneth and DoK need more shiny toys.

As a player that is still waiting for new non-hero units since 2017, I wouldn't like to see the same gap for new units for other factions. And I can say the same for armies with fantasy models that are still waiting for a new AoS's ones.

What I meant is that is not like everyone is mentioning FS and forgetting ID. Some people mention FS, some ID, some KO, Ogors, Sylvaneth... Everyone has their preferences and that's what is mentioned most of the time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

For my money, I bet the AoS one will be a Skaven of some sort. The designers seem very fond of their 'diorama'-esq models for their Heroes now and timing wise it would fit nicely with Skaventide and their new releases. 

Then again the Karskin and Vampire were both pretty random. If they look to artwork again, maybe it'll be this iconic Warlord?

1082264.jpg

I'd be euphoric if they did.

If I had to rank things in terms of “Need a refresh”, it’s Ogors then Cities, then DoK. 

If it’s “Needs an expansion”, it’s IDK=KO>FS>=OBR>Everyone else. KO and IDK are tiny ranges, FS just looks visually homogeneous and isn’t super large either, while the OBR feel 3/4ths complete and are small as well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The problem is that Gotrek is the last person who wants to be considered a Fyreslayer.

If anything he'd fit best in Cities of Sigmar, given his proclivities for bouncing around various Cities looking for Felix and Maleneth being an Order of Azyr agent.

Their existence has probably been soft-retconned now, but back when Dispossessed were just a PDF/GHB army they did have the Unforged who were meant to represent the more traditional Fantasy "gone mad out of shame/loss and seek a worthy death" to use your old metal Slayers as, though I can't see them coming back - even if it's to integrate Gotrek. Still, with him being an 'Old World Slayer' I think sticking him in the Battletome with 'the Old World-esq Duardin' is a better fit. 

On one hand, yes. On the other, he's allied with FS and described them to the closest thing he has to kin in the mortal realms.

It's a difficult issue. Giving Gotrek the master rune was a genious move to give a legitimate reason that he is powerful enough to withstand the full might of the Mortal Realms, where the power level is much higher than the world that was. His coming to terms with the mortal realms and his new purpose (to live a worthy life rather than seek a worthy doom) is brilliant and really fun to read about. I love his love for his new axe too.

On the other hand, he has a legendary FS axe and the closest connection to Grimnir there is. Good for his character, bad for any FS lore progression. He's tied inseparably to FS now.

I'm hopeful Verminslayer will continue his character arc, and Maleneth will eventually return. We'll see which way they'll go with the next novel.

Edited by Snarff

Okay, so in the Skaventide book, there is a character that is called Clawlord Reekbite. He is a heavily armoured Skaven warlord with one green eye who goes into battle on a palanquin carried by Rat Ogors. He's treated like he's an important deal and a point is made that he didn't die so I'm wandering if he's supposed to be the named Clawlord character we've heard rumors about. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Okay, so in the Skaventide book, there is a character that is called Clawlord Reekbite. He is a heavily armoured Skaven warlord with one green eye who goes into battle on a palanquin carried by Rat Ogors. He's treated like he's an important deal and a point is made that he didn't die so I'm wandering if he's supposed to be the named Clawlord character we've heard rumors about. 

that would fit most the description, did he had a trophy rack mention by any chance?

aside from what i heard from the novel it weird that the novel revolve around saving a Lord-Ordinator a model that going to legends.

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

that would fit most the description, did he had a trophy rack mention by any chance?

aside from what i heard from the novel it weird that the novel revolve around saving a Lord-Ordinator a model that going to legends.

I find it odd that a novel refers to an unreleased miniature with 100% detail, but it could be one of the follow-up minis indeed.

About novels pointing to legend minis... #neverforget:

BL AoSLookAhead Jul11 Book2

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I find it odd that a novel refers to an unreleased miniature with 100% detail, but it could be one of the follow-up minis indeed.

Primaris Reivers and Aggressors were introduced in the Dark Imperium novel before they were even announced.

Also if it counts a boss battle against a Skaven Brood Horror plays a role in the climax of the Skaventide book and it isn't out yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

1082264.jpg

Ummmmmmmm and when would they anounce the Warhammer+ models? Askign for a friend

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummmmmmmm and when would they anounce the Warhammer+ models? Askign for a friend

Last year it was the 25th of August. And I think it was a bit delayed, so give it a month or so.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Primaris Reivers and Aggressors were introduced in the Dark Imperium novel before they were even announced.

Also if it counts a boss battle against a Skaven Brood Horror plays a role in the climax of the Skaventide book and it isn't out yet.

Then it is interesting. Maybe we have the Glutos/ Zenestra equivalent for Skaven in the follow-up wave.

• Like 1