The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Deakz28 said:

Pretty sure this is them just taking an in depth look at the rules for the warbands that are going up for preorder

I initially thought this, but considering how late the release has been, and that there were rumours about a preview that was cancelled in the end, it could be new ones.

• Like 1

I have this strange (totally unfounded) feeling that this is the first step in GW moving away from having big preview shows. I do wonder just how beneficial they are for the business. The viewership is relatively low, and the multiple format changes have generally been met with negativity and toxicity. 

Again, this is a completely unfounded personal feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see fewer big preview shows and more Warcom-based reveals and articles going forward. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The winner doesn't come earlier than the loser, it is just shown earlier, but it doesn't affect the release, or at least it didn't for 40k.

It did for 40k, that was half of the entire point of it: that the winner would have an earlier preview, and an ealier release. There wasn't other way that GW wouldn't release space marines first on anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

It did for 40k, that was half of the entire point of it: that the winner would have an earlier preview, and an ealier release. There wasn't other way that GW wouldn't release space marines first on anything.

Nids 2023/08/27: Sunday Preview – The Hive Mind is Coming to Get You - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Marines 2023/09/24: Sunday Preview – Codex: Space Marines Slams into Action - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

True. I thought from the top of my head they were launched at the same time.

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I have this strange (totally unfounded) feeling that this is the first step in GW moving away from having big preview shows. I do wonder just how beneficial they are for the business. The viewership is relatively low, and the multiple format changes have generally been met with negativity and toxicity. 

Again, this is a completely unfounded personal feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see fewer big preview shows and more Warcom-based reveals and articles going forward. 

it hard to say, over these last years they been skipping Conventions and stop revealing things at other events lately. This year they decided not to do Warhammer fest.

Seem like they may just start doing reveal at the big three events or their sponsor GTs like the Dallas open 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are a bit behind the reveal slot this year. They basically would have to cram a preview show in August before NoVa happens on the 28th to get things out on time.

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

Necromunda and mech for heresy arent released yet.. and a book of Epic or heresy or something.

And there are two more waves for ToW Dwarfs in August 

3rd of August : Made to order wave

By the end of August: Rest of plastic/metal 

• LOVE IT! 1

Would assume they were talking about the new warbands as Briar and Bone as they usually (except for Pyre and Flood strangely) talk about the rules the week before pre order so we know what we are ordering before we do.

Would love them to have new reveals though since the Warcry release is very unclear now. The latest White Dwarf however had a campaign to finally find Talaxis so very much feels like it is leading to the next release being inside Talaxis or at least around the exterior. Still holding out for Idoneth warband especially since compendium Idoneth are not great.

• Like 6

The two new warbands are the Slyvaneth and OBR. As for miniature reveal, I think Necromunda is done for now. The rush of previews was probably done to get everything announced before the box set. We've already seen the new book and it doesn't contain anything that hasn't been previewed. 

Mechanicus is a possibility. Gw said we haven't seen the full range yet. It's been ages since we've seen anything for underworlds. There's the one inquisitor that's rumoured to be coming and there's kill team. I'd love to see what they've done with the Vespids but I'd also like to see some proof of life from Underworlds. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Greene said:

just curious, why so many people thinking STD would be next few battletome? are't they just got big release last year and darkoath + varanspear few months ago?

Probably because they won't get much if anything (a new Sorcerer Lord is the common rumour) and Slaves are one of the armies that get played a LOT - definitely one of the most collected/played armies out there. Back in WHFB, Chaos Warriors outsold all others, I figure in AoS's case they're not clearly number 1 in sales like before (cause many of us Chaos players went mono-god now that we could) but definitely still one of the top factions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The two new warbands are the Slyvaneth and OBR. As for miniature reveal, I think Necromunda is done for now. The rush of previews was probably done to get everything announced before the box set. We've already seen the new book and it doesn't contain anything that hasn't been previewed. 

Mechanicus is a possibility. Gw said we haven't seen the full range yet. It's been ages since we've seen anything for underworlds. There's the one inquisitor that's rumoured to be coming and there's kill team. I'd love to see what they've done with the Vespids but I'd also like to see some proof of life from Underworlds. 

the reason why i think it AOS is them saying

new miniatures and books – of the fiction and rules variety

the miniature & the book mention together and with the fact that the we're expecting both the Gotrek new novel & the Horus heresy kind of ending for the moment till the new chapter begins

Agents of Imperium could be a good candidate since it again like 1 model and maybe the supposed hype is them actually pushing a new narrative for the 40k since 10th seem to be kind of aimless this edition 

12 minutes ago, Greene said:

just curious, why so many people thinking STD would be next few battletome? are't they just got big release last year and darkoath + varanspear few months ago?

Slave to darkness is a perfect candidate for a singular/few hero tome not to mention how it most likely that they just update the Chaos Sorcerer & Chaos Lord since both needing to leave to the TOW (sorcerer already shadow left already) 

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Slaves to Darkness: Chaos Lord

just like what Chaos Space Marine 10th edition did

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

what sucks is their inclusion of interviews IS a good idea, it was the bad editing cuts where everything was on repeat and sounded too similar; like they did separate pre-recordings with slightly different answers that went wrong.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

it hard to say, over these last years they been skipping Conventions and stop revealing things at other events lately. This year they decided not to do Warhammer fest.

Seem like they may just start doing reveal at the big three events or their sponsor GTs like the Dallas open 

i can def see the money for conventions being pulled back for other budgets

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Probably because they won't get much if anything (a new Sorcerer Lord is the common rumour) and Slaves are one of the armies that get played a LOT - definitely one of the most collected/played armies out there. Back in WHFB, Chaos Warriors outsold all others, I figure in AoS's case they're not clearly number 1 in sales like before (cause many of us Chaos players went mono-god now that we could) but definitely still one of the top factions.

So true... back in the Fantasy days it seemed like every man and his dog was playing Chaos Warriors. 

I can't see the current Slaves to Darkness Spearhead sticking around for very long, because The Old World will want that Chariot back. So it makes sense for the Slaves battletome not being too far away. 

5 hours ago, Greene said:

Exactly because of that. A new heroe with the BT and one faction less.

• Like 2

Good week! I am happy we finally get content announced long time ago.

With a lot of HH kits, Legion Imperialis, Old World and Necromunda. We have almost all the summer calendar full. The only new things should be the Imperial Agents Codex and Kill Team before newAoS starts

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Greene said:

A few people have already answered this but to give some more detail, GW tends to hold back on doing bigger updates after an editions launch, running single character updates. We'll get a decent sized release of Stormcast and Skaven and then 4-6 battle tomes with a single character (with Orruk Warclans potentially getting something extra the same as Deathguard, Nighthaunt and Necrons did in the editions after they were in the starter).

Obviously they can buck this trend if they want to but they know there's a proportion of the audience going mad for more Skaven at the moment, that will also go mad for whatever army gets the next big update, and they want to leave them a few months to build up funds again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cyrus said:

@Elarinand @Nezzhil were right again ! 🏆

I hope we will get also some information about Warcry future since there were weird rumours on discontinuation.

I am more worried about Underworlds. No rumours or news and the season only has the core box

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

There is also that GW does more than AoS, and thus a big plastic 40k release or HH release means they can't do a big AoS release in that timeframe. 

Yeah. We are starting to see a shift from the AoS monopoly on warcom articles, so this will be translated into the kits as well pretty soon, and we will be in the usual balance of different ranges.