The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

Where is the "new warcry warbands" article ? 🧐

I noticed that the ossiarch hounds come with a bit of customization.

Teratic-Cohorts-Warhammer-Age-Of-Sigmar-

ZEwVhYgIuV1KOQ1J.jpg

Warcry kits tend to be quite customisable in general, right?

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/07/24/upcoming-for-black-library-broken-heroes-destroyed-forge-worlds-and-possessed-space-marines/

I really expected Verminslayer, but they often save Gotrek books for previews. Just weird that it's already in the novel list in the Skaventide novel, it looked like it should have already released by now. When is the BL preview usually?

I think they are in december.

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

My guess for the lack of an official announcement is that the book features a not yet shown character for either the Skaven or Stormcast, and that the book will act a secondary tie in novel for the new edition

Yeah. Good guess! It could even lead the FS renewal ;)

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

My guess for the lack of an official announcement is that the book features a not yet shown character for either the Skaven or Stormcast, and that the book will act a secondary tie in novel for the new edition

Yeah. Good guess! It could even lead the FS renewal ;)

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Anyone else think it's another missed opportunity that the newest WH+ show is 40k again..?

Honestly, considering how many months it takes to get a new one it is never going to be an AoS one. I am not renewing my annual sub that ends in 4 days and I will wait to see the new models. Bad models = no new sub.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Warhammer plus is the only Warhammer thing that is cheaper in Japan. A single hero model costs ¥6000 and Warhammer plus is ¥7000 (£35 at current exchange rates). So long as there's a good model to choose, I'm in. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, considering how many months it takes to get a new one it is never going to be an AoS one. I am not renewing my annual sub that ends in 4 days and I will wait to see the new models. Bad models = no new sub.

The AoS content is abysmal and I refuse to subscribe to something just for a model. I'll buy the AoS model from 40K fan subscribers if it's FS or KO, otherwise I'll skip the sub again.

Any AoS content and I'd jump on it, until then the models are cool, but not worth it to add another subscription to the ever growing pool of subscription based services.

I think they are in december.

That'd be really late for Verminslayer, in that case I'd expect it to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Also, GW give me new Warcry content, I will throw money at that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Has anyone here with WH+ watched the new colour scheme episode?

The preview image in the WarCom article has a Dark Elf in it and I'm curious if they call them Old World elves or Cities aelves.

I was curious as well when I saw it. I will try to check it later on.

7 hours ago, Snarff said:

The AoS content is abysmal and I refuse to subscribe to something just for a model. I'll buy the AoS model from 40K fan subscribers if it's FS or KO, otherwise I'll skip the sub again.

Any AoS content and I'd jump on it, until then the models are cool, but not worth it to add another subscription to the ever growing pool of subscription based services.

That'd be really late for Verminslayer, in that case I'd expect it to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Also, GW give me new Warcry content, I will throw money at that.

The main draw for WH+ for me was the Vault that.... has really slowed down to a drip. The tutorials are cool and all, but the Vault doesn't even have a system of organization or a way to browse by any sort of category.

At this point I've reread Sigmar's Blood and The End Times a few times over, but the WD stuff I've only really glanced at. If I can get those books physically WH+ wont have much to offer me

Def unsubbing; White Dwarf is a cool magazine but it's kind of pricey and will likely also get dropped. Anyone know any good "not Warhammer specific" modelling 'zines?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

Def unsubbing; White Dwarf is a cool magazine but it's kind of pricey and will likely also get dropped. Anyone know any good "not Warhammer specific" modelling 'zines?

Sure. Plenty around, you just go in a modelling store and you'll find them.

Mostly about cars, planes, historical... ;)

10 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

The main draw for WH+ for me was the Vault that.... has really slowed down to a drip. The tutorials are cool and all, but the Vault doesn't even have a system of organization or a way to browse by any sort of category.

At this point I've reread Sigmar's Blood and The End Times a few times over, but the WD stuff I've only really glanced at. If I can get those books physically WH+ wont have much to offer me

Yesterday GW announced something similar for 40k: Get Ready to Explore Warhammer 40,000 With DK Books Expansive Guide - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

40k DKUltimateGuide Jul24 Pages4

I think it has been a decent chunk of time since they did something like this, right? I don't know if it is any good or not, or if it goes beyond models, but an AoS one would be interesting for sure.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yesterday GW announced something similar for 40k: Get Ready to Explore Warhammer 40,000 With DK Books Expansive Guide - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

40k DKUltimateGuide Jul24 Pages4

I think it has been a decent chunk of time since they did something like this, right? I don't know if it is any good or not, or if it goes beyond models, but an AoS one would be interesting for sure.

Looks tasty. Especially the inclusion of stuff about older miniatures... always pleasing to Oldhammer fans like me. I'd definitely be up for a AoS book in this vein! 

• LOVE IT! 1

I think it has been a decent chunk of time since they did something like this, right? 

Quite awhile, I think. 

My copy of The World of Warhammer (1998) got a lot of reading, and still occasionally comes in handy.

That was put out by Thunder's Mouth press, which apparently became defunct in 2007. This 40k book is being made by DK Books, which seems to make the same sort of thing. (Like a 376 page book going through every year of DC Comics or a 344 page book on the Star Wars timelines.)

35 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding the next WH+ sets of Mini's?

Seems we are getting very close and not a lot has been leaked or even hinted at for them and even the new path for AOS V4 😕

Last year they were announced around the 25th or 27th of August.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Last year they were announced around the 25th or 27th of August.

It's Just been so very quiet with our new edition on the AOS Front. 

The radio silence of our favourite rumour mongers doesn't help either 

I just remembered been drowned in 40k 10th edition articles left, right and centre post it's release so it's just a smidge meh

(I know they are the favourite child but still.......)