The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

the Taleofpainters review has sprue pics and the second rumour engine is on the terrain piece:

https://taleofpainters.com/2024/07/review-warcry-briar-and-bone/

image.png.274384f1c3115ed12a7c03a3ceba3777.png

Not sure about the first one, its similar to a few of the Twistweald hands but I didn't see an exact match

Yeah. I saw it in sprues and brues as well, but the first one is so tiny that it is super tricky to spot indeed.

1 minute ago, Dantioch17 said:

Long time lurker, first time posting!

Seen this floating around, the new introductory mini 

IMG_4703.jpeg

I initially thought it would be the same than the Start Here magazine:

SundayPreview Jul21 AoS GettingStartedMag

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I initially thought it would be the same than the Start Here magazine:

SundayPreview Jul21 AoS GettingStartedMag

Same here! Surprised when it popped up. I wished they would redo Steelhearts champions spread out as introductory minis

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dantioch17 said:

IMG_4703.jpeg

I like it. Nice open pose. It makes a great painting project. 

27 minutes ago, Dantioch17 said:

IMG_4703.jpeg

Hello there! 

Yeah, that‘s a nice mini indeed, I‘d say it‘s pretty much perfect as an introduction!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Dozzed off for weeks from here, has there been any new spicy rumours during this month of July ?

Not much AFAIK. I think there‘s a rumour floating around that Gitmob will be expanded upon this edition. Chaos Dwarves are a given and we shouldn‘t expect huge waves for SCE and Skaven but they‘ll get a few kits each obviously. But no Eshin or something specialized yet. 

I might be wrong though, that‘s my superpower!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

When Chaos Dwarfs finally drop (I'm dropping the if since at this point it's all but confirmed), I can definitely see them throw every list for a loop. At the very least they'll give chaos access to decent guns (since Skaven can't really ally with anyone, they don't count), and we'll maybe see heavy artillery. They'll definitely leave death in a bad place, since the only bits of shooting we have are a catapult and some crossbow ghosts.... honestly even destruction has a shooting game at this point.

They will likely be a elite/tough ranged faction, with Arty and elite monsters. I would assume a coupe of units of Chaos dwarfs as infantry and a bunch of hobgoblin chaff who exist to die. 

Downsides will be complete lack of mobility (until wave 2 when they get the rest of the army), and aside from hobgoblin swarms they will lack numbers. 

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Wondering if theres someone already showing these sprues around?

Not me, but apparently, if you get the Starter Magazine unique Liberator, the introductory Liberator shown by @Dantioch17 (welcome lurker!) and the 3 Liberator from the SCE Painting Starter, you'll have 5 new, unique-posed, ETB Liberators to reinforce your Skaventide Liberators (no Liberator-Prime) (as well as 6 Clanrats with the 5 in Skaven Painting Starter and the 1 in Starter Magazine).

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seems Horns of Hashut are no longer 'Last Chance To Buy'? Still available on the webstore with zero stock tags and still with their Warcry 2.0 cards. 

The Warcry 1.0 teams you seem to be able to buy as Online Only models, but otherwise also lost their Last Chance To Buy tags. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Seems Horns of Hashut are no longer 'Last Chance To Buy'? Still available on the webstore with zero stock tags and still with their Warcry 2.0 cards. 

The Warcry 1.0 teams you seem to be able to buy as Online Only models, but otherwise also lost their Last Chance To Buy tags. 

Not surprising- They just put out a massive rules expansion that gives all currently existing options faction passives. 

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Not me, but apparently, if you get the Starter Magazine unique Liberator, the introductory Liberator shown by @Dantioch17 (welcome lurker!) and the 3 Liberator from the SCE Painting Starter, you'll have 5 new, unique-posed, ETB Liberators to reinforce your Skaventide Liberators (no Liberator-Prime) (as well as 6 Clanrats with the 5 in Skaven Painting Starter and the 1 in Starter Magazine).

while great that the starter mag and paint set seem to have unique poses, with the amount you'll spend on both of them it seems you may as well buy the 10 from skaventide for cheaper

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't usually stick up for them but $20 for essentially the rule book and a couple unique sculpts (better of course if you collect said forces and I picked up several 3rd edition ones for the unique Kruleboyz sculpts) isn't a bad deal imo. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Like all GW products do all the time but nobody bats an eye

Oh eyes have been batted! But yes like everything else inflation is a ******!

Prices are definitely getting ridiculous everywhere. 

Example being that new easy to build "not underwords" pack of five darkoath is ,,$80!! 

Nope and hell nope!!

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Oh eyes have been batted! But yes like everything else inflation is a ******!

Example being that new easy to build "not underwords" pack of five darkoath is ,,$80!! 

Nope and hell nope!!

The Gunnar Brand set? I was shocked when I saw the prices for that

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Yup, it’s ludicrous. GW Models almost seem worth it now. Whenever I buy groceries for 2-3 days it costs me 60€ (in Germany, where groceries are cheap due to a somewhat healthy market). Every twist and turn costs another 100€ as of late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1