The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Could it be that he is an exception as he is more important (rules Hammerhall) than other Castellants? Another option in my head is that as Castellants are "defensive" Stormcast, maybe they don't die that often, so they are in the middle of the transition.

Don't think the frequence of dies have an importance in your armor. But maybe, in the other side, hamilcar wanted to keep his old one. But even this explanation does no satisfy me, I hope this is an old artwork and if he gets a mini, it will be in thunderstrike. 

Just now, Vagard said:

Don't think the frequence of dies have an importance in your armor. But maybe, in the other side, hamilcar wanted to keep his old one. But even this explanation does no satisfy me, I hope this is an old artwork and if he gets a mini, it will be in thunderstrike. 

What I mean is. If you are a Castellant and since the new armour was launched you didn't die yet, you still have the old armour. If you died after that, then you could have the newer one.

• Like 2

I was listening yesterday to one of my favourite lore channels and it was talking about the core book. They mentioned something that I think is interesting when they were talking about the maps and how they were expanded a bit this edition:

image.jpeg.cdbeb2369064d98932278522517df792.jpeg

At the mid-right of the pic, they added Harkanibus, which is the city from the videogame Realms of Ruin!

I think that's a pretty lovely "easter-egg" that canonises what happened in the game.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was listening yesterday to one of my favourite lore channels and it was talking about the core book. They mentioned something that I think is interesting when they were talking about the maps and how they were expanded a bit this edition:

image.jpeg.cdbeb2369064d98932278522517df792.jpeg

At the mid-right of the pic, they added Harkanibus, which is the city from the videogame Realms of Ruin!

I think that's a pretty lovely "easter-egg" that canonises what happened in the game.

Don't have the book with me now post it later but yes there even changes to Ghur with Lednu and Bjarl crashing into each other forming a land bridge

In Ghyran we see a bit more of Kurthoael and all of Invadia now

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I love that most REs are either overly non-specific (i.e.: capes), while the rest are "hey look at me! I'm for the next Votann release!" like we had with their Kill Team.

Probably my favourite 40k faction next to the Tau, but I'm holding back on buying anything for them (apart from the infantry kit I bought at launch and the 40th anniversary Ancestors' Wrath) until they have a more fleshed out roster.

• Like 1

@Chikout

It's a little bit more. It seems TOW is also attracting new players. Which is a bit surprising as it is still difficult to get a playable army for the core factions that got a mini release.

There are also grand plans for TOW. Which ofcourse is typical GW marketing talk. But  still nice to read. The future for GW games looks good.

He says that it's their best report in history.

For Skaventide selling well or not will be more clear with the report of the first 6 months of the period 2024-2025.

I do think it is doing well to very well. It's nice  that you still can get the box. I really hope this will be the case too for the new KT box.

Edited by Tonhel

47 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

For Skaventide selling well or not will be more clear with the report of the first 6 months of the period 2024-2025.

I do think it is doing well to very well. It's nice  that you still can get the box.

Agreed. I think Skaventide and the starter sets are selling well. But people will always compare it against 40K sets, which is really unfair as 40K makes GW a lot of money. 

49 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I really hope this will be the case too for the new KT box.

I think so. I'm curious if this is going to be a new edition or just another season. Anyway less of that pew pew talk :D 

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Is it me or does that "hand" look to be trimmed digitally?

It looks it to me but then if I was doing the rumour images, I would be doing that and rotating them. Just wish they would choose something more exciting than a hand here or a sword hilt there. 

• Like 1

Free Assault on Hel Claw supplement, with some interesting foreshadowing.

Just to the south of Hel Crown, across the Helbridge,* another battlefield echoes with the sound of steel and shrieks – the very same conflict, in fact, that the contents of Skaventide depict. This tale is already available to download in Assault on Hel’s Claw, a brand new narrative to ring in** the new edition and act as a prelude to the coming worldwide campaign.

So a new campaign coming in the future, or just weirdly worded reference to the current Hel Crown? 

• Like 1

We also have many names for the caracters in the box, don't know if they were mentionned before :

Alfric Leodus, Knight-Questor of the Hallowed Knights

Lord-Vigilant Greylock

Clawlord Skabpelt

Vreek, a Grey Seer

Edited by Vagard

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So a new campaign coming in the future, or just weirdly worded reference to the current Hel Crown? 

Wow. Someone forgot to publish that post. I initially thought it was something else, but the supplement has been there to be downloaded for three weeks already.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Oh so iit not that they forgot to announce the pdf it that some intern release prematurely and GW just waited till that actial time to announce it ok

Either way really good free PDF that hype the Vermindoom and the ruination chamber

Hope if there is a new campaign it go into detail on the other realm theaters just so we can get more perspective on the war from diffrent faction to diffrent chambers

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh so iit not that they forgot to announce the pdf it that some intern release prematurely and GW just waited till that actial time to announce it ok

Either way really good free PDF that hype the Vermindoom and the ruination chamber

Hope if there is a new campaign it go into detail on the other realm theaters just so we can get more perspective on the war from diffrent faction to diffrent chambers

The only negative bit is that this was included in the boxes in the past. Bad for collectors who wanted to get it physically as the rest of them.

Interesting that online sales from the Warhammer webstore are down 5.2% (£3.8m) while trade and retail sales are both up. Physical Warhammer stores are up by 8.6% in comparison.

GW mentions they're now in phase 2 of the new webstore which is aimed at adding extra functionality to give customers a better shopping experience.

At launch I found the new webstore to be pretty bad TBH, they also say they launched it a few months earlier than planned.

Edited by Gareth 🍄

4 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Interesting that online sales excluding digital are down 5.2% (£3.8m) while trade and retail sales are both up. GW mentions they're now in phase 2 of the new webstore which is aimed at adding extra functionality to give customers a better shopping experience. At launch I found the new webstore to be pretty bad TBH, they say they launched it a few months earlier than planned.

I don't think it has as much to do with the online store as it does with more people looking for a discount in the face of price rises. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Interesting that online sales excluding digital are down 5.2% while trade and retail sales are both up. GW mentions they're now in phase 2 of the new webstore which is aimed at adding extra functionality to give customers a better shopping experience. At launch I found the new webstore to be pretty bad TBH.

Totally forgot the shareholder report is out!

Warhammer Age of Sigmar received several faction launches over the year, the most significant being Cities of Sigmar

I wonder if this means that it was the "most significant" in terms of design and production, or in revenue?

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Their gross margin is almost 70%.... almost a whole 5% increase from last year. Come on man.

image.png.3d7d5b2890da1d1eb0d33d60b8155862.png

"Gross margin is the percentage of a company's revenue that's retained after direct expenses such as labor and materials have been subtracted."

I am not finding the Net Profit Margin on this report, which does lower this percentage but not by much. They mention "carriage costs" aka transport went down too; this is likely only in the UK but still can't be used as an excuse anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Their gross margin is almost 70%.... almost a whole 5% increase from last year. Come on man.

image.png.3d7d5b2890da1d1eb0d33d60b8155862.png

"Gross margin is the percentage of a company's revenue that's retained after direct expenses such as labor and materials have been subtracted."

I am not finding the Net Profit Margin on this report, which does lower this percentage but not by much. They mention "carriage costs" aka transport went down too; this is likely only in the UK but still can't be used as an excuse anymore.

Man those numbers are insane, so F up... And they keep increasing their prices several times a year...

• Like 1

Honestly I think people who think that profit margins are too high are missing on two things: Profit can be reinvested into developing new products, and that non-profitable products don't get supported (and if they are supported, its because profitable product essentially subsidizes them).

This is the company that killed one of its core game lines because it didn't sell well enough. For all people are terrified of their models getting squatted, it'll happen a lot more if profit margins are lowered resulting in a lot more stuff becoming unprofitable to make. Plus there's also the chance it will incentivize them to stop taking risks: why make new models for low selling factions when new Space Marines will always sell better no matter what?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Interesting that online sales from the Warhammer webstore are down 5.2% (£3.8m) while trade and retail sales are both up. Physical Warhammer stores are up by 8.6% in comparison.

GW mentions they're now in phase 2 of the new webstore which is aimed at adding extra functionality to give customers a better shopping experience.

At launch I found the new webstore to be pretty bad TBH, they also say they launched it a few months earlier than planned.

That's extremely weird. As a web dev, you tend to launch late, not early.