The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Purely out of curiosity. Since when do we think GW gave the jump into the luxury sector? Because it is obvious to me that they didn't start as such. There was a big event or it is just that the prices went too high that we assume it is part of that sector?

Even in the early 90s it was a luxury product. Prices were "lower" but so was everything else.

Splurging £5 on a blister as a kid felt like a lot of money. Even as a late teen with a basic job and no outgoings, it was expensive to buy wfb regiments. It always has been a luxury.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

🥱 someone wake me when the new Eshin runners get here...

I think their only chance is to be a warcry warband in the same manner of hunters of huanchi and gorgers maw pack .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just finished listening to Skaventide. It’s a good story slightly ruined by bad editing. Half the number of times someone said the word hope and it would be a much better book. On the rumour front the units mentioned in the book are the most surprising thing. The Stormcast side is exactly as we’ve seen with units from the box set and a few older units thrown in. The Skaven side is completely different. There are seven units mentioned that are neither in the box set nor in the leak of what’s coming later. Did the writer just get a lot of creative license or is the upcoming Skaven release quite different than we imagined?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 01rtb01 said:

Even in the early 90s it was a luxury product. Prices were "lower" but so was everything else.

Splurging £5 on a blister as a kid felt like a lot of money. Even as a late teen with a basic job and no outgoings, it was expensive to buy wfb regiments. It always has been a luxury.

and maybe a blister was "cheap", but you still needed like 4 or 5 to make an unit. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 01rtb01 said:

I woudn't say it was luxury neither it is nowdays, but it is just my own impression.

18 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

image.png.5d3ec0ba6009a14708b081a20697db6f.png

So, like who exactly are they referring to as "return of a much-loved protagonist"

it singular so it seems to not referring to the factions 

it there going to be the return of a character as a Stormcast or are they referring to nu-Queek?

Over Reddit the consensus is about Tornus the redeemed 

hwE9ZAlzioBvon48.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Over Reddit the consensus is about Tornus the redeemed 

hwE9ZAlzioBvon48.jpg

Oh. Good point. But if we focus ourselves on characters it could be an unreleased one from Skavens as well 🐀🐀🐀

3 hours ago, Gotz said:

and maybe a blister was "cheap", but you still needed like 4 or 5 to make an unit. 

So true. I spent what felt like someone's life savings on a unit of 5 Mounted Daemonettes. Solid metal Steeds.. I can't remember an actual amount per blister, but it was a big investment.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh. Good point. But if we focus ourselves on characters it could be an unreleased one from Skavens as well 🐀🐀🐀

They are talking about a protagonist, not an antagonist

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

They are talking about a protagonist, not an antagonist

I think everyone's overthinking this because of the word protagonist. For anyone who plays Skaven, they are the protagonist. You're not going to see a subtle lore reference in a financial report. 

• Like 1

In the mid 90's my Warhammer figurines would elicit complete astonishment when I told other kids how much they cost. (Most kids around where I grew up were lucky to get £1 a week pocket money) I remember being called Primrose for several weeks (The posh rich character from Oor Willie) when I told my mates how much Baharroth cost (£7!) 

Warhammer has always been seen as a luxury product. The standard "miniatures" many kids had were little green army men which came in big bags of a hundred for £2. 

PS: Skaven are an antagonist because they don't have positive goals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely think that it has a huge importance. And I also think that they are not talking about tornus nor skavens. Skavens for the "protagonist" word

(doesn't matter the POV, skav are part of the great allegiance CHAOS, everything is evil about them, in the other hand you have the stormcasts, saviours of the realms, icon of the good, angelic paladins. Of course you can see them as colinizers who does not accept any other gods than sigmar and are imposing their religion etc but in the general lore they are the good guys. skaven are duplicitous, unworthy of trust, backstabbers ans so on)

I don't think it is tornus either because the caracter is too "young" in the lore and it is his first mini ever. So either it is vandus, well known stormcast (way more that tornus) and well established since V1, or the lord celestant, basically just the bearer of ghal maraz, first forged, or a new caracter but from the old world and here i don't really know who can it be, but a major figure back then for sure. 

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Back to rumours folks

If you feel the need to discuss anything else such as the cost of a blister pack when you were young or what role Skaven are taking in the story of AOS, start another topic please ;) 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

what role Skaven are taking in the story of AOS, start another topic please ;) 

For once we are talking about rumours...

image.png.bb78267ca5d481d93de610c2c037f0a2.png

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Lets remember this Aygust GW should anounce what have they cookkng for the Warhammer+ model. Perhaps it will eveb get anounced next week, depending on when the reveals for kill team and the sanguinary guard might drop.

(From wheres the text, btw?)

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Lets remember this Aygust GW should anounce what have they cookkng for the Warhammer+ model. Perhaps it will eveb get anounced next week, depending on when the reveals for kill team and the sanguinary guard might drop.

(From wheres the text, btw?)

The text is from the stackholder's report. And last year the models were announced by the end of August. So maybe we have to wait a little longer.

30 minutes ago, Vagard said:

For once we are talking about rumours...

image.png.bb78267ca5d481d93de610c2c037f0a2.png

This is interesting and it does seem like it refers to something that has yet to happen, not something that already happened over the course of Dawnbringers.

I hope "return of a much loved protagonist" does not mean bringing back more WHFB characters, though. Realistically, I think it would have to be a Stormcast character. Maybe Nagash?

The mention of Cities of Sigmar in the beginning of the sentence and the rumoured Cogfort make me wonder if they are getting a small, but significant release in order to close out the Dawnbringers story line, but I have no idea what "much loved protagonist" could be returning to this faction in particular.

• Like 3

When I think of marketing speak 'AoS protagonist' I think of, like, Vandus maybe?  That would be my guess for a big glow up anniversary model thing, but I think rumours along those lines have already been quashed?  Otherwise my mind wanders to the likes of Tyrion and other 'beloved' characters of that sort.  It's a pretty vague little statement, I'm going to assume it doesn't mean much significant for now.

• Like 3