The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This is interesting and it does seem like it refers to something that has yet to happen, not something that already happened over the course of Dawnbringers.

I hope "return of a much loved protagonist" does not mean bringing back more WHFB characters, though. Realistically, I think it would have to be a Stormcast character. Maybe Nagash?

The mention of Cities of Sigmar in the beginning of the sentence and the rumoured Cogfort make me wonder if they are getting a small, but significant release in order to close out the Dawnbringers story line, but I have no idea what "much loved protagonist" could be returning to this faction in particular.

WAIT...

Could it be...
ISCILLA THORIAN??!!

She was a pretty major character in Dawnbringers, she got artwork, but not a model.

But it doesn't make sense that Cities would get anything in the Summer, so probably just weirdly worded.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

When I think of marketing speak 'AoS protagonist' I think of, like, Vandus maybe?  That would be my guess for a big glow up anniversary model thing, but I think rumours along those lines have already been quashed?  Otherwise my mind wanders to the likes of Tyrion and other 'beloved' characters of that sort.  It's a pretty vague little statement, I'm going to assume it doesn't mean much significant for now.

Finally Malerion?!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

WAIT...

Could it be...
ISCILLA THORIAN??!!

She was a pretty major character in Dawnbringers, she got artwork, but not a model.

But it doesn't make sense that Cities would get anything in the Summer, so probably just weirdly worded.

A new character getting their first model would not really constitute the return of a loved protagonist in my book. I am thinking it would have to be a WHFB character or an AoS character that has been absent from the story for a bit.

But also, I don't know how much significance needs to be placed on the term "protagonist" here. It could just be Skaven as a whole if the writer of the financial report was a bit sloppy with their language.

• Like 2

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

A new character getting their first model would not really constitute the return of a loved protagonist in my book. I am thinking it would have to be a WHFB character or an AoS character that has been absent from the story for a bit.

But also, I don't know how much significance needs to be placed on the term "protagonist" here. It could just be Skaven as a whole if the writer of the financial report was a bit sloppy with their language.

It is not exactly a protagonist... but what about ascended Khul?

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

"""much loved"""

For me, if you play BK, Khul has to be a much-loved character, I guess. Otherwise, there's no character meeting the universal much-loved character term, unless... it is Felix...

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seriously folks, it's Skaven. 

Its in the financial report which the vast majority of people aren't aware of, let alone read. They aren't going to put a tease of a big return in a report. 

AOS4 has all been about the return of the Skaven as a major threat. 

Don't fall into the trap of over thinking. 

• Like 7

So, kinda going out on a limb here, but what about Felix? 

"Much loved" seems like a pretty strong description for most AoS characters (popular maybe, but "much loved?").

It would also match their trend of returning Old World characters to the narrative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Seriously folks, it's Skaven. 

Its in the financial report which the vast majority of people aren't aware of, let alone read. They aren't going to put a tease of a big return in a report. 

AOS4 has all been about the return of the Skaven as a major threat. 

Don't fall into the trap of over thinking. 

With 62,4% of the votes we can safely confirm " much loved " 🐀🐁💕

9HbGKwlgst5bfDzh.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

They aren't going to put a tease of a big return in a report. 

I was not reading it as a teaser, but rather just someone summarizing the plan for the Cities/Dawnbringers project. The "summer 2024" bit makes me think it might be supposed to end in a big finale with an exciting release after the Hel Claw thing. It seems possible to me that they let a little detail slip here exactly because the investor report is not considered customer facing and the writer of it was not considering that this info was not yet revealed.

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I don't think anyone knows what the word protagonist means. Every faction in Warhammer is simultaneously the protagonist and the antagonist unless you're playing Warhammer quest. 

I think it's most natural to read it as a reference to an individual, likely GA: Order character. But I could totally see it referring to Skaven as a faction, as well.

To me every guess other than skaven or ScE is irrelevant, we know that we are getting second wave of both army un august-september and as the report state "during summer", it is unbelievable that we are getting minis from another army during this timespan. (not that i wouldn't love to, but given the number of new minis released every new edition for both armies of the starting boxn already, it is very unlikely)

Then the word protagonist to me cast off skaven (even if much loved match with them) so to me it is 100% sure it will be stormcast. Either vandus, the prime or another well know hero in WHFB than can be turned into SCE

8 minutes ago, Vagard said:

To me every guess other than skaven or ScE is irrelevant, we know that we are getting second wave of both army un august-september and as the report state "during summer", it is unbelievable that we are getting minis from another army during this timespan. (not that i wouldn't love to, but given the number of new minis released every new edition for both armies of the starting boxn already, it is very unlikely)

Then the word protagonist to me cast off skaven (even if much loved match with them) so to me it is 100% sure it will be stormcast. Either vandus, the prime or another well know hero in WHFB than can be turned into SCE

Probably copium but since it mentions protagonist, stormcast Felix to go along with Gotrek? If it's skaven the only options are really Thanquol or Queek, can't really remember any others taking a protagonist role 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Either vandus, the prime or another well know hero in WHFB than can be turned into SCE

The Prime is probably out, IMO, because he would likely have been among the discontinued models if he was getting a new sculpt.

I think Stormcast is most plausible, too. Hopefully they don't go with "Remember Karl Franz? Well, he's back! In pog Stormcast form!" or anything like that, though.

I could also see the purely narrative return of Nagash. How will can the Skaventide be stopped after taking Hel Crown when it looks like they are poised to overrun the whole Great Parch? Well, ol' Skelepope showing up and Hand of Dusting some rodents would certainly do it.

42 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

So, kinda going out on a limb here, but what about Felix? 

"Much loved" seems like a pretty strong description for most AoS characters (popular maybe, but "much loved?").

It would also match their trend of returning Old World characters to the narrative.

Felix is what came to mind too with much loved though not sure how they would pull that off.

However if Stormcast and given the current colour scheme I wouldn't be surprised if it was a new Gardus.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Probably copium but since it mentions protagonist, stormcast Felix to go along with Gotrek? If it's skaven the only options are really Thanquol or Queek, can't really remember any others taking a protagonist role 

this is actually a way more plausible guess than some above haha, and would be a big hype. We have a leak of queek so a faceoff between both in the second wave would be incredible 

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Prime is probably out, IMO, because he would likely have been among the discontinued models if he was getting a new sculpt.

Don't think so, the lord celestant have been rumored to have a resculpt and is still here. Same for the knight azyros 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Don't think so, the lord celestant have been rumored to have a resculpt and is still here. Same for the knight azyros 

Knight Azyros is not in the index or legends tome and was in the wave of discontinuations, so that would conform with my reasoning.

As for the Celestant, we will have to wait and see. So far only rumoured, after all.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

33 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Felix is what came to mind too with much loved though not sure how they would pull that off.

However if Stormcast and given the current colour scheme I wouldn't be surprised if it was a new Gardus.

I cast my bet that it is Felix i feel just to tie it with the new novel Verminslayer that we know is coming out

gotrekback.png.415a7b22ca4f413b19a55262bc909fd8.png

• Like 1

I hope it's not Felix. I think his return would be a big disservice to Gotrek's character arc and lead to companions which are much less interesting. He can't serve as a Mortal Realms guide like Maleneth or Amara.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2