The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

To me every guess other than skaven or ScE is irrelevant, we know that we are getting second wave of both army un august-september and as the report state "during summer", it is unbelievable that we are getting minis from another army during this timespan. (not that i wouldn't love to, but given the number of new minis released every new edition for both armies of the starting boxn already, it is very unlikely)

Then the word protagonist to me cast off skaven (even if much loved match with them) so to me it is 100% sure it will be stormcast. Either vandus, the prime or another well know hero in WHFB than can be turned into SCE

Unless it comes with the new year of Warhammer +, and if the protagonist means just one character, it could be anything.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The Prime is probably out, IMO, because he would likely have been among the discontinued models if he was getting a new sculpt.

I think Stormcast is most plausible, too. Hopefully they don't go with "Remember Karl Franz? Well, he's back! In pog Stormcast form!" or anything like that, though.

I could also see the purely narrative return of Nagash. How will can the Skaventide be stopped after taking Hel Crown when it looks like they are poised to overrun the whole Great Parch? Well, ol' Skelepope showing up and Hand of Dusting some rodents would certainly do it.

Karl is supposed to be already here. He is the Celestial Prime. It just needs to be confirmed.

4 hours ago, Vagard said:

who does not accept any other gods than sigmar

There are many Stormhosts who don’t even primarily worship Sigmar, let alone exclusively worship him, and strict monotheism isn’t really much of a thing in the Cities either- You just can’t worship Chaos (Or Nagash if you’re in Lethis). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I could also see the purely narrative return of Nagash. How will can the Skaventide be stopped after taking Hel Crown when it looks like they are poised to overrun the whole Great Parch? Well, ol' Skelepope showing up and Hand of Dusting some rodents would certainly do it.

As incredible as that would be, Nagash’s return will probably either be delayed until the end of the edition (Or when the Bonereapers get their tome if Arkhan gets a new model for some reason), or 5th Edition. He has demonstrated that he can carry a narrative, and his return would be massive enough to be a high point of a narrative campaign, so they’re probably keeping that particular card hidden up their sleeve for now. 

16 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Looks like bad Mobile game art compared to the original. 

Daemonhunter.jpg

speaking old art so far 10th edition has been reusing old artwork for nearly all it codexes 

CodexSM10th.jpg (not a codex but its old 9th edition promo art)

CodexTyranids10th.jpg

MechCodex10th.jpg

TauCodex10th.jpg

CSMCodex10th.jpg

SOB10th.jpg (this the 8th edition codex)

DarkAngelsupplement10th.jpg

BACodex10th.jpg

all they been doing it putting this egregiously bad background logo/effect that they have done with their Display posters 

like I'm sort of worry that they do the same to AOS 4th edition rather than actually get new artwork (and honestly with how bad those background effects are i would take reused art work) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

There are many Stormhosts who don’t even primarily worship Sigmar, let alone exclusively worship him, and strict monotheism isn’t really much of a thing in the Cities either- You just can’t worship Chaos (Or Nagash if you’re in Lethis). 

It would be awesome if we had diferent prayer tables for each diferent god with some condition rules for who would take it.

This kind of stuff is what improves IP, even if in the end, most people are going to chose the same 2 "lores" because they are just better.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It would be awesome if we had diferent prayer tables for each diferent god with some condition rules for who would take it.

This kind of stuff is what improves IP, even if in the end, most people are going to chose the same 2 "lores" because they are just better.

Although it is pretty funny that the current Scriptures of Sigmar just have Zenestra using dwarf runes all the time.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It would spiral out of hand and reasonability extremely quickly- Morrda, Nagash (In any of his aspects), Alarielle, Sigmar, The 6 Smiths and Grungni, Gorkamorka, Khaine, The Elven Twins, and a whole plethora of godbeasts are all worshipped by various peoples and Stormhosts.

That said, it would be cool to see stuff for just the main expected ones (Scripture of Death [Morrda or Nagash], Scripture of Heavens (Sigmar’s lot), Scripture of the Beasts (Godbeasts or Gorkamorka) and so on). 

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It would spiral out of hand and reasonability extremely quickly- Morrda, Nagash (In any of his aspects), Alarielle, Sigmar, The 6 Smiths and Grungni, Gorkamorka, Khaine, The Elven Twins, and a whole plethora of godbeasts are all worshipped by various peoples and Stormhosts.

That said, it would be cool to see stuff for just the main expected ones (Scripture of Death [Morrda or Nagash], Scripture of Heavens (Sigmar’s lot), Scripture of the Beasts (Godbeasts or Gorkamorka) and so on). 

Now that you mention it. Morathi is starting to be worshipped by humans from Har Khuron as her Daughters of Khaine are stopping the Skavens nowadays.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that you mention it. Morathi is starting to be worshipped by humans from Har Khuron as her Daughters of Khaine are stopping the Skavens nowadays.

Can‘t blame those incels living their best life in their Hor house. I‘d be simping for those daughters too if the other choices were Nagash or the Elven twins. ✌️

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Hollow said:

Do you not see the contradiction in those two sentences? They are necessary to maintain their current margins. GW is a PLC that has a legal responsibility to its shareholders. 

this is why I used quotations yes 👍

my point about the margins you made yourself when explaining luxury goods: the higher prices are often artificial because they're selling a dream/exclusivity/art/etc... which means GW's margin does not *need* to be 70%. it is kept that way for shareholders. I don't really see that I've said anything wrong, it is a difference in opinion as to whether you think this is fine or not. Since you have an actual financial incentive as a shareholder, you clearly want this maintained.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Although it is pretty funny that the current Scriptures of Sigmar just have Zenestra using dwarf runes all the time.

Who knows, maybe she's the reincarnation of Valaya.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Since you have an actual financial incentive as a shareholder, you clearly want this maintained.

Yes. I want GW to be successful and to make lots of money! I want the Warhammer Worlds to be expanded, the games to grow and for the talent to be well compensated. 

I appreciate your point, that you feel that the margins are too high and that they should cut them (and I presume cancel factory expansion, not hire more people, pay shareholders or give bonuses to staff?) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the only real question is when will the product be so expensive that fewer new people start or longtimers keep collecting? With the majority becoming poorer since a couple of years it's a valid concern. I figure most of us are grownups with jobs, so buying a few kits is not a problem but I do think that the prices are way too high objectively and teenagers have a harder time now to get into the hobby. You get a full video game for the price of some units. 

So 9 days (dongs) to Hel Crown preview ! 😀🐀

Almost sure Skaven will be the winning faction and from our rumormongers we almost know the full list of the second wave:

1) Master Moulder.
2) Arch Warlock.
3) New Warlock (Galvaneer with warpvolt obliterators) (Leaked one).
4) Stormvermin.
5) Weaponteams.
6)  Acolyte globadiers
7) New Verminlord (Vizzik Skour).
8   ) Wolfrats.
9) Clawlord on palanquin carried by rat ogors.

Which miniature(s) are you looking forward the most ?

Really looking forward for the new verminlord, wolfrats and new clawlord on palanquin !

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I think the only real question is when will the product be so expensive that fewer new people start or longtimers keep collecting? With the majority becoming poorer since a couple of years it's a valid concern. I figure most of us are grownups with jobs, so buying a few kits is not a problem but I do think that the prices are way too high objectively and teenagers have a harder time now to get into the hobby. You get a full video game for the price of some units. 

We've been hearing the same thing for the last 20 years. Your post could have been directly lifted from Warseer from 15 years ago. Funnily enough, to add to the totally irrational nature of luxury purchasing, according to GlobalData, Americans with a household income of less than $50,000 make up about 27 percent of regular luxury consumers. That’s almost as big a group as luxury consumers with an income of $150,000 or more.

During the pandemic, those earning $40,000 or less accounted for the largest percentage growth of luxury purchases. They were 365% higher at the end of 2021 than they were in January 2020, before lockdowns began in the US.

Members of Gen Z, in fact, are making their first luxury purchases earlier than millennials did — at around age 15, according to Bain & Co research. The same research projects that millennials and younger generations will make up 80 percent of luxury spending by 2030.

It irrational and counter-intuitive, but those who are younger and earning less, are spending more on luxury goods. 

PS: I think I'll make a thread to discuss money, pricing etc. It's an interesting topic but kinda off-topic for this thread. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Almost sure Skaven will be the winning faction and from our rumormongers we almost know the full list of the second wave:

1) Master Moulder.
2) Arch Warlock.
4) Stormvermin.
5) Weaponteams.
6)  Acolyte globadiers
8   ) Wolfrats.

Really looking forward for the new verminlord, wolfrats and new clawlord on palanquin !

I still have hope that Order will push drastically once this week's article is published.

Also, I am not fully sure about the palanquin. Someone said that the book has several new units that are not on the rumoured list, so it could be just us overthinking.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

1) Master Moulder.
2) Arch Warlock.
4) Stormvermin.
5) Weaponteams.
6)  Acolyte globadiers
8   ) Wolfrats.

Don't forget separate sprue for clanrats

Also, what? Clawlord on palanquin? From where comes that rumour? Never seen it on SG Warhound leaks

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Don't forget separate sprue for clanrats

Also, what? Clawlord on palanquin? From where comes that rumour? Never seen it on SG Warhound leaks

From the Skaventide novel.

Edited by Ejecutor

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

From the Skaventide novel.

Asaah!

Waiting for a translation of the book on my country, but I wouldnt put too much faith on what intel fron the releases BL writers have. We would've got winged skaven, Ikit Claw and stormcast skaven by this point...