The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

We've been hearing the same thing for the last 20 years. Your post could have been directly lifted from Warseer from 15 years ago. Funnily enough, to add to the totally irrational nature of luxury purchasing, according to GlobalData, Americans with a household income of less than $50,000 make up about 27 percent of regular luxury consumers. That’s almost as big a group as luxury consumers with an income of $150,000 or more.

During the pandemic, those earning $40,000 or less accounted for the largest percentage growth of luxury purchases. They were 365% higher at the end of 2021 than they were in January 2020, before lockdowns began in the US.

Members of Gen Z, in fact, are making their first luxury purchases earlier than millennials did — at around age 15, according to Bain & Co research. The same research projects that millennials and younger generations will make up 80 percent of luxury spending by 2030.

It irrational and counter-intuitive, but those who are younger and earning less, are spending more on luxury goods. 

PS: I think I'll make a thread to discuss money, pricing etc. It's an interesting topic but kinda off-topic for this thread. 

It'll work so long until it won't work anymore though. You are right, my post is nothing new but it's still a valid concern. 

And there's a big difference between buying stuff that improves your perceived social standing (e.g. watches, designer clothes, whatever - that's what the younger gen wants, from looksmaxxing to running around with way too expensive watches as teens and getting fillers and ****** injected into their faces long before they'll ever need them... the pressure of all of that isn't exactly good for them either) and miniatures that pretty much stamp a huge L onto your forehead. Just sayin'. You are really kidding yourself if you think the "poor" crowd that makes luxury purchases is gonna make luxury miniature purchases. You can feel as if you're old money if you got a Rolex on your wrist (real old money never considered Rolex to be suitable brand tho) but the expensive minis at home won't boost your ego.

I thankfully don't have to think twice about buying minis. And being a nerd has never been more accepted than now, so that's a plus - but I do feel like GW's stuff is the most expensive it has ever been in relation to other hobbies and I'm just not sure it's never going to backfire. For every GW apologist there is 1 who will find new lore badly written, rules less than ideal, many designs lame (regardless if those things are true or not)... those are the ones that will jump ship if the perceived price is too high one day. 

I'm not criticizing the pricing because I'm against GW making lots of profit. I know full well that basically there's only one direction they can go - no growth is death these days. And everything's expensive now anyways. But ask anyone who's not a fan and they'll raise an eyebrow when single minis cost more than bigger toys. Y'know, it's the same when IWC and Omega raised their prices recently to boost their image cause expensive = better. There is always a point where people say it's too much for what you're getting. And yes, some will still find it feasible and others won't but the point still stands.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

This just in: Publicly trading company seeks record profits by increasing sales price point and volume! More at ten o'clock!

Do we have to with the armchair business analytics in here?
We all know what they are by now and it's nothing new. Vote with your wallet, not your TGA posts.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

In my bag of wishes, I am hoping (foolishly) that the hint we got from WF about death being a protag is somehow tied to the recent protagonist tease... and that maybe, just maybe we're getting a neat totally new death faction 🥺.
(A grot can dream, right?)

If Chorfs weren't around the corner...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe they have the big drum of plastic beads double full? (they don't 😂)
Yeah... at least the chorfers will have a nice time. Still makes me wonder what the significance of that little hint about death from WF will be. Hoping for something interesting not just lore-wise but model wise.

9 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

In my bag of wishes, I am hoping (foolishly) that the hint we got from WF about death being a protag is somehow tied to the recent protagonist tease... and that maybe, just maybe we're getting a neat totally new death faction 🥺.

Nagash or Arkhan coming back would certainly make sense after sitting out the whole of 3rd edition. Arkhan's body was canonically destroyed, would be a good excuse to finally give him that bonereaper body he deserves. Hopefully they have the technology to finally fix his canonically terrible teeth.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't that corner several km away?

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Nagash or Arkhan coming back would certainly make sense after sitting out the whole of 3rd edition. Arkhan's body was canonically destroyed, would be a good excuse to finally give him that bonereaper body he deserves. Hopefully they have the technology to finally fix his canonically terrible teeth.

I wouldn't put it behind Nagash to intentionally not fix those teeth as punishment.

Edited by PraetorDragoon
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Thinking of a new Death faction, is there any theme or aesthetic we don't currently have in AoS with the 'undead'.

We have the ghosts, the ghouls, the skeletons and the monsters. Is there any trope GW haven't Warhammer-fied yet? I'd love to see a new Death faction!!

Gaelic Arthurian pumpkin and scarecrow knights? 

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I hadn't thought about that (I often kind of forget about bonereapers... lol).
An interesting rework has a lot of potential! I love their look but I find their range so small and boring. Good opportunity for some interesting unit addons too.

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Thinking of a new Death faction, is there any theme or aesthetic we don't currently have in AoS with the 'undead'.

We have the ghosts, the ghouls, the skeletons and the monsters. Is there any trope GW haven't Warhammer-fied yet? I'd love to see a new Death faction!!

I'd love something that was more like possessed armour etc. but that's kind of just Nighaunt who aren't wearing bedsheets I guess 🤷‍♂️. So maybe count my ideas out on that one lol

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

This just in: Publicly trading company seeks record profits by increasing sales price point and volume! More at ten o'clock!

Do we have to with the armchair business analytics in here?
We all know what they are by now and it's nothing new. Vote with your wallet, not your TGA posts.

The thing is: if people start voting with their wallet GW could get problems. So naturally we as fans/supporters don't want that. It has nothing to do with saying GW is evil or mean because they want to make more profit. It's a business after all. Everyone needs money, the same applies to them. Ideally the day will never come when "people" consider it too expensive to start the hobby but in times when basics like energy or food (I find the unmotivated price hikes for basic foods much more "selfish" by the way, not every product was suddenly more expensive to produce) are becoming too expensive for many, one should be allowed to discuss such things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Don't forget separate sprue for clanrats

Also, what? Clawlord on palanquin? From where comes that rumour? Never seen it on SG Warhound leaks

No but someone who read skaventide book  thinks it can match with this SG Warhound leak :

NEW:

A magnificent warrior with black-fur.🐀

A warlord with crimson armor and trophy rack.👺

Has an unnaturally loyal and obedient personal bodyguard regiments.

He is a heavily armoured Skaven warlord with one green eye who goes into battle on a palanquin carried by Rat Ogors. He's treated like he's an important deal and a point is made that he didn't die so I'm wandering if he's supposed to be the named Clawlord character we've heard rumors about.

Edited by cyrus

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

...snip...

Sure, but in another thread.

On 7/31/2024 at 9:38 PM, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Back to rumours folks

If you feel the need to discuss anything else such as the cost of a blister pack when you were young or what role Skaven are taking in the story of AOS, start another topic please ;) 

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

No but someone who read skaventide book  thinks it can match with this SG Warhound leak :

NEW:

A magnificent warrior with black-fur.🐀

A warlord with crimson armor and trophy rack.👺

Has an unnaturally loyal and obedient personal bodyguard regiments.

He is a heavily armoured Skaven warlord with one green eye who goes into battle on a palanquin carried by Rat Ogors. He's treated like he's an important deal and a point is made that he didn't die so I'm wandering if he's supposed to be the named Clawlord character we've heard rumors about.

More rats carrying rats is something I need!

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'd love to see more of the Frankenstein-machine-science undead vibe like they did with the Exiled Dead. Have them be abhorrent for all the other Dead factions and considered "unholy" as they don't use Death magic to revive?

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'd love to see more of the Frankenstein-machine-science undead vibe like they did with the Exiled Dead. Have them be abhorrent for all the other Dead factions and considered "unholy" as they don't use Death magic to revive?

That would be awesome too. Cities of Sigmar gone wacko(er). Some Bloodborne mixed with body horror and fantasy "science". Stitched and cobbled together abominations and such.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The thing is Clan Moulder already has a lot of that aesthetic going on for itself. 

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Asaah!

Waiting for a translation of the book on my country, but I wouldnt put too much faith on what intel fron the releases BL writers have. We would've got winged skaven, Ikit Claw and stormcast skaven by this point...

Gary Kloster seen all of Stormcast models and only few skaven models when he wrote that book, so most likely what you see in book is coming for Stormcast

8 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Gary Kloster seen all of Stormcast models and only few skaven models when he wrote that book, so most likely what you see in book is coming for Stormcast

If that's true, it's interesting that GW would let him invent a whole selection of Skaven units. There are several moments where he could easily have used existing creatures instead of inventing new ones. 

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

If that's true, it's interesting that GW would let him invent a whole selection of Skaven units. There are several moments where he could easily have used existing creatures instead of inventing new ones. 

True. The only thing that GW wanted from Skaven was for them to be scary in the book.

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It doesn't have to be something necessarily bad. It could also be part of an upcoming wave or could give fresh new ideas to the team for future waves.