The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Hollow said:

¿Podría la lista de facciones de Destrucción de la Gran Alianza terminar la cuarta edición con este aspecto?

1. kruelboyz
  2. Mandíbulas de hierro
  3. Gitz Gloomspite
  4. Ogor Mawtribes
  5. Drogrukh
  6. Hijos de Behemat

No estoy convencido todavía. Creo que temáticamente tener la astucia de Mork representada por los Kruelboyz y la brutalidad de Gork representada en las obras de Iron Jaws. 

Si vemos una división, entonces sería más probable que veamos a Malerion y Tyrion llegar con sus propias facciones en lugar de ser una opción dentro del DOK o las facciones LRL. 

¿El estudio AoS quiere aumentar el número de facciones? ¿Bajarlos? Mantenga el mismo número. Sería bueno saber del estudio en algún momento su filosofía general. ¿Más facciones mejor? ¿Menos? ¿Cuál es el punto ideal? 

What I like most about this list you have made is the possibility that we will get the Kragnon race as a faction.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I am convinced too !

Weirdnob shaman war scroll has no longer “ orruk warclans “ and “ orruk “ keywords.

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpg

Not only keyword missing , the faction name is literally Ironjawz 

image0.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I am convinced too !

Weirdnob shaman war scroll has no longer “ orruk warclans “ and “ orruk “ keywords.

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpg

That's the classic Warcom errata.

If you look at Lumineth they have the Aelf keyword even with the Lumineth one, so that Warscroll should have, at least, the Orruk one.

Edited by Ragest

56 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

BoC are in a hard place for a focus.

Either they do it to appease the fans they let down and show it’ll be a meaningful ruleset for the next year-

Or they don’t because it’s gonna reopen wounds by showing so many cool models, terrain & endless spells no longer for sale and ends up a feels bad article. :/

Or maybe they just choose the worst of all worlds and do a combo Legends focus for last and cram Sacrosanct, Bonesplitterz and BoC into one overview and end up giving them very little exposure altogether! xD 

Personally hoping for Orruk split since that would build up a Lot of hype for what it can mean in the future while going over more lore, Warscrolls and traits than a combo article would.

They can't push BoC (i.e. their rules will either be bad or quickly nerfed) because A. Any beast sales will count towards ToW presumably and B. If you draw more people or attention to the faction it will only highlight what a mistake they're making.

Most likely the removed factions will get rules that feel like legends right from the start to make sure nobody plays them and then GW defenders can say "well they aren't very popular so it's really okay that GW did this."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

so are we expecting Briar and Bone already found some art floating around

GnarlwoodossiarchvsSylvaneth.jpg.c7e034c8e519f0387b27d64a75c18d0f.jpg

It seems reasonable to get them next week. I don't know if it is a pattern, but we also got the Vedra artwork on Instagram the week before the preorder was announced.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

BoC are in a hard place for a focus.

Either they do it to appease the fans they let down and show it’ll be a meaningful ruleset for the next year-

Or they don’t because it’s gonna reopen wounds by showing so many cool models, terrain & endless spells no longer for sale and ends up a feels bad article. :/

Or maybe they just choose the worst of all worlds and do a combo Legends focus for last and cram Sacrosanct, Bonesplitterz and BoC into one overview and end up giving them very little exposure altogether! xD 

Personally hoping for Orruk split since that would build up a Lot of hype for what it can mean in the future while going over more lore, Warscrolls and traits than a combo article would.

Considering that Destro needs more factions and that Warclans are getting rid of the weight of carrying over BS, I will go for splitting.

10 minutes ago, Ragest said:

If you look at Lumineth they have the Aelf keyword even with the Lumineth one, so that Warscroll should have, at least, the Orruk one.

Top of the warscroll said ironjawz warscroll as faction name . So I don’t believe it’s an errata . 

19 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Could the Grand Alliance Destruction faction list end 4th Edition, looking like this?

1. KruelBoyz
  2. Iron Jaws
  3. Gloomspite Gitz
  4. Ogor Mawtribes
  5. Drogrukh
  6. Sons of Behemat

I'm not convinced as of yet. I think thematically having the Cunning of Mork represented by the Kruelboyz and the Brutality of Gork represented in the Iron Jaws works. 

If we do see a split then it would be more likely we see Malerion and Tyrion arrive with their own Factions instead of being an option within the DOK, Or LRL Factions. 

Does the AoS studio want to increase the number of factions? Lower them? Keep the number the same. It would be nice to hear from the studio at some point about their general philosophy. More factions better? Less? What's the sweet spot? 

It is tricky. If they split, we go over 24. Chorfs, 25. Malerion and Tyrion having their own? 27? I just don't see it. Especially Malerion, seeing that DoK is in the top two of forgotten factions, like if they would be waiting for Malerion.

Let's imagine they have their own factions and we end up with 27. How many more can they support on the 3 year cycle? I see bigger chances for Drogrukh than Silent people, and with these 26-28 rumoured factions I think we will stay for a decent bunch of years. Then who knows if we end up having a Vottan's scenario, where a new faction appears after many years without one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is tricky. If they split, we go over 24. Chorfs, 25. Malerion and Tyrion having their own? 27? I just don't see it. Especially Malerion, seeing that DoK is in the top two of forgotten factions, like if they would be waiting for Malerion.

Let's imagine they have their own factions and we end up with 27. How many more can they support on the 3 year cycle? I see bigger chances for Drogrukh than Silent people, and with these 26-28 rumoured factions I think we will stay for a decent bunch of years. Then who knows if we end up having a Vottan's scenario, where a new faction appears after many years without one.

Malerion will soup with DOK and Tyrion will literally just be himself and maybe a unit added to Lumineth. 

Malerion isnt deserving of his own Faction and Tyrion is definitely just a character for Lumineth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Malerion will soup with DOK and Tyrion will literally just be himself and maybe a unit added to Lumineth. 

Malerion isnt deserving of his own Faction and Tyrion is definitely just a character for Lumineth.

why-would-you-say-something-so-controver

I bet you're right. I can't see them having two factions of Dark Elf running around, at least not in the same Grand Alliance.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Tbf they need the Aelf keyword since they mix in spirits too. Like Avalenor’s new warscroll has to specifically say “Alarith Aelf” keywords so he doesn’t buff up the other spirits and make them OP.

Ironjawz are just Orruks across the board so don’t need the distinction.

We’ll probably see Kruleboyz need Orruk keywords since they have Troggs, Grots and Hobgrots mixed in(and hopefully one day more wild beasts like their feral mount packs in Realms of Ruin, and more angry baboons)

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Malerion isnt deserving of his own Faction

I mean I agree but ouch! What a way to say it. 😂

With the Crone making anti-Morathi Khainite cults growing in the new free cities I could see Daughters changed to a more Ulgu themed faction word as you choose between the Morathi-Khaine faithful, old Aelf gods with the Crone or Malerion’s new Ulgurothi Legions.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah probably... I also think that the way armies are built in 4th will impact releases in an interesting way. I could see both Malerion and Tyrion coming in their own Spearhead/Battalion box. A character with 1-4 units. It would be really nice if they came with new accompanying units as well. 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Does the AoS studio want to increase the number of factions? Lower them? Keep the number the same. It would be nice to hear from the studio at some point about their general philosophy. More factions better? Less? What's the sweet spot? 

Im pretty sure they care more to keeping to the ~25 range as they are doing with 40k

they're also disclosing about whether or not Imperial agents of imperium is cannibalizing Grey Knights and Deathwatch and Emperor Children coming soon™

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

Im pretty sure they care more to keeping to the ~25 range as they are doing with 40k as they're up in the air about whether or not Imperial agents of imperium is cannibalizing Grey Knights and Deathwatch and Emperor Children coming soon™

I think having 24 Battletomes and 6 Narrative book releases (A total of 30) Plus General Handbooks, Rulebook etc Means a publication schedule of 1 a month keeping to a 3-year edition cycle. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KarrWolves said:

To get 24 factions either Orruk Warclans stay together and they have a faction focus on BoC, or they split and no BoC.

And I don't believe they'll do a faction focus for BoC.

They can do a Faction Focus of RoR like Gotrek

Edited by Nezzhil

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I expect a decent wave for Tyrion, not just the character. A phoenix, some chariots, maybe some extra siege machines, phoenix guards... in the end HE was one of the top sellers. GW will push that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

what if kruleboyz joins chaos dwarfs as a single faction?