The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

They can't push BoC (i.e. their rules will either be bad or quickly nerfed) because A. Any beast sales will count towards ToW presumably and B. If you draw more people or attention to the faction it will only highlight what a mistake they're making.

Most likely the removed factions will get rules that feel like legends right from the start to make sure nobody plays them and then GW defenders can say "well they aren't very popular so it's really okay that GW did this."

That and they also didn’t put BoC into the spearhead book (but they let the discontinued Skaven box be in it) so it be odd that BoC would get a faction focus all things considered

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That's mean.

I hope Malerion will be mixed into DoK though. DoK needs some freshness and that would definately help.

If they merge they should rename the faction tho, cause DoK would not be accurate at that point

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Malerion will soup with DOK and Tyrion will literally just be himself and maybe a unit added to Lumineth. 

Malerion isnt deserving of his own Faction and Tyrion is definitely just a character for Lumineth.

Sorry, I hacked KingBrodd's account and wrote what I wanted to write. Those pesky Luuuumineth! 😤

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

why-would-you-say-something-so-controver

I bet you're right. I can't see them having two factions of Dark Elf running around, at least not in the same Grand Alliance.

I am just looking forward to the shocking reveal when the Fyreslayers gain all the Ur-Gold only to revive a very surprised and awkward Malerion...  
giphy.gif

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

With the Crone making anti-Morathi Khainite cults growing in the new free cities I could see Daughters changed to a more Ulgu themed faction word as you choose between the Morathi-Khaine faithful, old Aelf gods with the Crone or Malerion’s new Ulgurothi Legions.

I mean, the point to merge books is not to use the faction as a mix?

What would be the reason to put Morathi and Malerion together and forcing you to choose one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freemeta said:

what if kruleboyz joins chaos dwarfs as a single faction?

Apparently they have heated history stemming from the "War of the Broken Promise'.... 

Doubtful but anythings possible. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ragest said:

What would be the reason to put Morathi and Malerion together and forcing you to choose one?

I’d imagine it’s like Gloomspite or CoS. You can do a little mix-and-match but it’s stronger(and easier for them to balance) if you stick to one faction. So:

Morathi-Khaine, tons of monster girls with powerful prayers on the Khaine wagons.

Crone, normalish zealot aelves backed by Ulgu spells. The blessed/altered heroes carry them

Malerion, elite armored units & shadow daemons with unique abilities

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Even sharing one unit across a GA is pretty rare with only Mancrushers being useable in a chaos and Destruction army (granted they have different warscrolls and point cost)

I like they’re vastly different in lore too.

Chaos gargants obvious more malevolent and scorned by Destruction’s as they tried to defile both their father Behemat’s body and Gorkamorka’s domains.

and Aleguzzlers are looked down on even by other gargants as the black-out drunks that only hang out at the bars with Da Bad Moon being the only thing that gives them some direction instead of being dead drunk(neat mention the reddish loon glow in their eyes leaves with the moon itself and they become lost and confused).

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am just looking forward to the shocking reveal when the Fyreslayers gain all the Ur-Gold only to revive a very surprised and awkward Malerion...  
giphy.gif

Not quite what you were talking about but iirc the fyreslayers believe that when they bring back grimnir he will be riding vulcatrix

Grimnir and Vulcatrix will make an amazing god model and could be great for a wave 2 of fyreslayers

0AC89E39-4705-4DDC-A4A1-E2DCF8A9FE42.webp

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ragest said:

I think when people where propping the merge book and soup idea, it was they thought GW was going to do more Orruk Warclan style books in the future. A book that had two or three alliegance ability for seperate armies in one book with a mixed army allegiance ability.

but in reality they been going the opposite directions in 3rd edition and it seems GW have problem trying to balance mixed armies in general, even the fate of Orruk warclan is up in the air after BSZ got squatted. 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

I know I am late to the party regarding the map, but the Hashut forge city is a nice teaser for some variation of chaos dwarves. Probably too much to expect them 2024 though. Lets hope for 2025.

I lack of a teaser for Malerion or tyrion is a bit sad, given the aelf gods were announced what? 7 years ago? 

A lack of a roadmap by now is also dissapointing.

19 minutes ago, Stormy1486 said:

I know I am late to the party regarding the map, but the Hashut forge city is a nice teaser for some variation of chaos dwarves. Probably too much to expect them 2024 though. Lets hope for 2025.

I lack of a teaser for Malerion or tyrion is a bit sad, given the aelf gods were announced what? 7 years ago? 

A lack of a roadmap by now is also dissapointing.

I expect 5th to be all about Shyish and Ulgu with Malerion stuff and more death stuff personally

So we will probably see it in 5th were I to guess

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Not quite what you were talking about but iirc the fyreslayers believe that when they bring back grimnir he will be riding vulcatrix

Grimnir and Vulcatrix will make an amazing god model and could be great for a wave 2 of fyreslayers

My bet is on Bael-Grimnir centerpiece model. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Hollow said:

Could the Grand Alliance Destruction faction list end 4th Edition, looking like this?

1. KruelBoyz
  2. Iron Jaws
  3. Gloomspite Gitz
  4. Ogor Mawtribes
  5. Drogrukh
  6. Sons of Behemat

I'm not convinced as of yet. I think thematically having the Cunning of Mork represented by the Kruelboyz and the Brutality of Gork represented in the Iron Jaws works. 

If we do see a split then it would be more likely we see Malerion and Tyrion arrive with their own Factions instead of being an option within the DOK, Or LRL Factions. 

Does the AoS studio want to increase the number of factions? Lower them? Keep the number the same. It would be nice to hear from the studio at some point about their general philosophy. More factions better? Less? What's the sweet spot? 

I think there was an “ hint like “ by Whitefang on @Baron Klatzpost regarding “ weird beastie destruction “ faction .

We have currently 24 factions and we know chorfs are coming in 4th edition: I think 25 is near the limit for an healthy support.

6 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

While it would be an awesome model indeed, I think the gods models time has passed.

6 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I think it would be nice if any of our seers could share some well needed knowledge. Its been a while XD.

Faction Focus will clarify it all pretty soon. If not, we are just 1 month away from the new edition! ONE MONTH!!!

35 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think there was an “ hint like “ by Whitefang on @Baron Klatzpost regarding “ weird beastie destruction “ faction .

We have currently 24 factions and we know chorfs are coming in 4th edition: I think 25 is near the limit for an healthy support.

Yeah, maybe pretty late in time we get something else as a surprise. Or something in the line of SoB, with not a big pool of minis.