The Rumour Thread

Just now, Cdance93 said:

I hope Seraphon burn in a dumpster fire. They’ve had OP rules for Too long!!

Thats ok for me (i don't play Seraphon and actually think their 'lets imagine what we need' lore is BS).

But i think you missed the joke ;D

I'm in favour of soup for a few reasons. Firstly is cheaper for GW and for us. Look at the Fyreslayers book versus the Stormcast book. The Stormcast book has double the number of pages for the same price. It's not just the warscrolls and unit descriptions. The lore section in the Stormcast book is twice as big as the Fyreslayer one. If you have ironjawz and Kruleboyz do you really want to have to buy two books to play them?

More soup books leave space for more factions in the future. I understand the concept of just updating existing factions, but gw needs to keep the game fresh to maintain excitement and to attract new players. Staleness was definitely one of the things that killed fantasy. The best way to increase excitement is new factions. It's not really a surprise that third edition didn't set the world alight with just one new faction.

I don't think balance needs to a problem either. That's just legacy problems as @Nezzhil said. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

I'd don't mind if warclans stays but only if each ARMY is fully realized, represented, and balanced. 

I just don't personally see that happening. I mean it's orruks we're talking about here so Geedubs already puts in the bare minimum narrative and lore wise. I mean it almost seems like Skaven have affected the setting more in their launch box side than Kruleboyz did and they're not even officially out yet. 🤣🤔😶😒😔

No disrespect to the bah-hah-hah-dad 😜🐏 boys but I want your tasty rules!!! And think the army has more than enough legs to stand on its own as well as Jawz. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

At least they didn't cut minis as some of the doomsayers were telling over WhatsApp groups.

Considering that these are the previews for the indexes, and we are not going to see any cuts (beyond the announced stormcast) in the indexes, those doomsayers can be safely ignored.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Cities of Sigmar Faction Focus. Kharadron Overlords tomorrow.

PFCSSsaaDMDLX7km.jpg

This was such a relieving read seeing that we can expect continued support for the cosmopolitan city players. I am still waiting for new City Aelf and Duardin sculpts but I am now absolutely going to plan my city around being an allied city of Humans, Duardin and Aelves!

• Like 3

So far Cities looks a lot better then the 3.0 version.

It does look like you would want to run a mix race to get the full bonuses offered. AND it does not look like you need a human to give an order to a human!!!

On top of that looks like abilities are also not race locked!!! Tahala bringing back dwarfs every turn could be pretty nasty.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Haven’t read it all, but orders for everyone with a bonus depending on human/duardin/aelf sounds spot on.

That seems like a really nice way to do it. Looks interesting!

Free guild Cavaliers got it in the shorts offence wise though. On the charge they used to be 3 attacks 3s and 3s with 2 rend and 2 damage. Now it’s 3 attacks 4s and 4s, 1 rend and 2 damage. Up a wound each though. Dropping almost half their damage output is gonna sting though. Was always kind of weird they had the same offensive profile as blood knights and a better one than chaos knights.

Just now, RyantheFett said:

So far Cities looks a lot better then the 3.0 version.

It does look like you would want to run a mix race to get the full bonuses offered. AND it does not look like you need a human to give an order to a human!!!

On top of that looks like abilities are also not race locked!!! Tahala bringing back dwarfs every turn could be pretty nasty.

It’s once per battle 

3 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

That seems like a really nice way to do it. Looks interesting!

Free guild Cavaliers got it in the shorts offence wise though. On the charge they used to be 3 attacks 3s and 3s with 2 rend and 2 damage. Now it’s 3 attacks 4s and 4s, 1 rend and 2 damage. Up a wound each though. Dropping almost half their damage output is gonna sting though. Was always kind of weird they had the same offensive profile as blood knights and a better one than chaos knights.

Don’t despair, relatively easy to buff them back to 3 attacks with officars order

3 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Was always kind of weird they had the same offensive profile as blood knights and a better one than chaos knights.

100%, I know Cities players will be salty about it but they always hit way harder than they should compared to other heavy cavalry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I am not sure about basic infantry having 2 attacks each. That does feel like we're getting too much dice rolling in 4e. 

Same feeling. While necessary due to the limitations of a d6 system, rolling 35 dice (20+10+5) to do 2.5 damage to a 4+ save unit doesn't feel like a great use of anyone's time.

That being said, I am also happy and relieved to see the elves and dwarves still there and the cross-race orders

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Uh, I like the cities changes!

cavaliers are now a grinding tank-cavalry with 3 health!

I am sad the arch knight and his pretty sword are gone (it was very flavourful for a cavalier unit)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Haven’t read it all, but orders for everyone with a bonus depending on human/duardin/aelf sounds spot on.

The best part of this revision, honestly. Previously, you were very strongly incentivized to build mono-race. Now I could see myself mixing in a unit of dwarves or elves with my humans.

There are a lot of other nice changes, too. I think the move away from orders as a hidden information mechanic is good. I personally kind of enjoyed that, but my opponents really didn't. Had a bunch of feel-bads from them triggering my trap card.

The new system seems more powerful, too. Every hero gets to give an order on every player turn. That's a lot of orders.

There are a lot of goodies in this preview that I am pretty excited about. I like that they made the Fusil-Major into a buff hero for shooting units. I also like that Fortified Position is now -1 rend against everything rather than just shooting, but you have to spend your move action to set it up. Steelhelms also look really solid, giving out a free 5+ ward for humans on objectives. Between that and Hold the Line, I hope they can make Zenestra into something more interesting than a 5+ ward machine.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Don’t despair, relatively easy to buff them back to 3 attacks with officars order

They start with 3 attacks each. Order bumps them to 4. Old order used to boost horses as well though. 

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, just a notable change. It kind of used to be that you could buff cavaliers up and they’d kill god. Now I think people will have to think more.