The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Schulzy said:

Same armour save as a Freeguild Cavalier-Marshal and only one extra wound!? That doesn't seem a fair delineation imo.

Two inches extra movement, wounds on 3 not 4 and has an extra pip of rend. Plus the mount actually has a worthwhile attack profile. For two warscrolls that are leader on  more or less horse sized mount that’s quite a bit of difference.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, for such a mighty sculpt the Lord-vigilant does feel a bit weak. That beautiful greataxe  could have used a couple of abilities.

yeah, the statline is OK (at least it's not 5/3+/3+/-1/2 right?) but it's a bit sad that he's basically a (albeit powerful) once per game command that you buy with points.

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it is an improved version, as you can enhance with formations the bits of your army that you want. Also, GW sold it as a way to free us from the constraint of having to pain the army using X or Y subfaction schema.

While I am closer to a "narrative" player who wants that sense of specificity, I guess AoS is such a sketched in canvas that that versatility is appropriate.

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it is an improved version, as you can enhance with formations the bits of your army that you want. Also, GW sold it as a way to free us from the constraint of having to pain the army using X or Y subfaction schema.

Oh, have they said you can apply different Battle Formations to... what was it, Regiments? The hero+3 units? Must have missed that, thanks if so

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Steelhelms with 2 attacks is spicy. And it's good to see that Fortify is not just a little thing against ranged now.

Them mentioning aelves and duardin so many times also has me a bit more optimistic regarding them. Maybe my Dispossessed will live on?

CoS always stood out from being the generic fantasy army as the Fellowship army it what got me into buy them that and i love knights so seeing that 2 of the 4 orders are for the Legolas and Gimli boys keep me optimistic

even if they do away with Dispossessed as a subfaction and it more streamline them along with my Cavaliers and Archknight like having a wildercorp elf unit or duardin fusiler is completely valid 

All i know is if we get Dawii i be blasting this song

WIND ROSE - Drunken Dwarves - With Lyrics - YouTube

12 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Unhelmeted head version looks cool af. Nice option!

Looks good in Hammers of Sigmar colours too.

It is but i wonder what up with the Berserk Brand. It all over the new models scripture and one actually branded on their head and they yet explain it 

jexi2NKnrozzT7EV-846x747-1.jpg

New Stormcast Eternals bring their grandkids to the battlefield

33 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

While I am closer to a "narrative" player who wants that sense of specificity, I guess AoS is such a sketched in canvas that that versatility is appropriate.

It fits even better the narrative, at least for CoS, as it was mentioned that sometimes crusades "swap" units between cities, so a crusade doesn't have to be completely built with free guilds from the same city.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Oh, have they said you can apply different Battle Formations to... what was it, Regiments? The hero+3 units? Must have missed that, thanks if so

I think so, yes. Or I read it from comments over here.

14 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

The community article says that the Battle Formations work as Sub-factions do now, so I assume it's for the entire army and not per regiment.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

CoS always stood out from being the generic fantasy army as the Fellowship army it what got me into buy them that and i love knights so seeing that 2 of the 4 orders are for the Legolas and Gimli boys keep me optimistic

even if they do away with Dispossessed as a subfaction and it more streamline them along with my Cavaliers and Archknight like having a wildercorp elf unit or duardin fusiler is completely valid 

It is but i wonder what up with the Berserk Brand. It all over the new models scripture and one actually branded on their head and they yet explain it 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

yeah, the statline is OK (at least it's not 5/3+/3+/-1/2 right?) but it's a bit sad that he's basically a (albeit powerful) once per game command that you buy with points.

Lol, yeah. I hope that more or less the same damage output for non named heroes is a thing of the past. I think all the unique heroes shown so far look great. So hopefully this applies for non named heroes too.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Starfyre said:

Unhelmeted head version looks cool af. Nice option!

Looks good in Hammers of Sigmar colours too.

The golden Hammers color with blue Azyr flames slaps hard with the new guys to keep that legendary immortal champion vibe that they still strive to be paragons the peoples of the Realms can look up to as shining heroes.

image.png.e525c4c2e5b34aef1b657cbf1ad4b867.png
image.png.d7e1572d01cd9b07d7c5c794d8c12f17.png
image.png.12401f0114da18346c6c2796e8c82116.png

5 hours ago, Marcvs said:

If Ruination does get Judicators or crazy lightning golems/ghosts that attack slow but shred then I can see why he’d be limited like that.

Also need to see if the battletome unlocks mount traits for him, that could be where the life-drain is hiding.

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I still believe we’ll get Ironweld duardin at Tome release. Sadly probably could lose the Dispossessed Warscrolls as 40k has done when it drops a new codex but if the Cogfort is coming then 2 units of stalwart Steelhelm-designed duardin with heavy weapons would happen as a quick swap from old CoS dorf to new dorf.

4 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Probably exactly what it is, or more nearer to the Darksouls hollow curse ring it inspired as they’re fellow undying warriors slowly losing their shreds of humanity.

Like the rest of the Death, Ionus/Relictor and Morrda attire it’s probably there to help ease their passings and strengthen their souls to hold off the last threshold a little longer before they lose themselves to the storm.(and basically turn into a Dark Souls boss)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I still believe we’ll get Ironweld duardin at Tome release. Sadly probably could lose the Dispossessed Warscrolls as 40k has done when it drops a new codex but if the Cogfort is coming then 2 units of stalwart Steelhelm-designed duardin with heavy weapons would happen as a quick swap from old CoS dorf to new dorf.

We had a recent talk about this.

What do we know so far about the possible upcoming wave? The Cogfort mentioned by @Whitefang back me up and the fact that during the renewal series of articles seems that the design team mention there's a religious side of the Cities of Sigmar that has already been done as well.

If we follow this the more logical scenario, IMO, would be having a religious wave (flagellants, warrior priest, maybe something like Azyr Order...) and the Cogfort being the faction scenery. That would make it for the moment.

The problem with this is that it would very likely imply removing dispossessed and/or DE and they wouldn't have replacement yet. Maybe we have on top of that one unit for duardins and one for aelves as a signal that they will stay in the army? It would be a pretty chunky release, so time will tell.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We had a recent talk about this.

What do we know so far about the possible upcoming wave? The Cogfort mentioned by @Whitefang back me up and the fact that during the renewal series of articles seems that the design team mention there's a religious side of the Cities of Sigmar that has already been done as well.

If we follow this the more logical scenario, IMO, would be having a religious wave (flagellants, warrior priest, maybe something like Azyr Order...) and the Cogfort being the faction scenery. That would make it for the moment.

The problem with this is that it would very likely imply removing dispossessed and/or DE and they wouldn't have replacement yet. Maybe we have on top of that one unit for duardins and one for aelves as a signal that they will stay in the army? It would be a pretty chunky release, so time will tell.

We need to wait to the Core Lore to see if the free cities and crusades are not on the center of the scenario. If we return to something similar to second edition then It is possible that Cities wave 2 go to the next edition.

I am using the same arguments that I used to say when third started that made really hard to believe that Malerion/Tyrion would not come. That Cities is going to receive a new wave is something that It is not assured right now.

Edited by Nezzhil

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Its possible they don't have a replacement yet with a aesthetic that is generic enough but not as generic s the fantasy one. One thing I imagine can happen is that when the aelven and duardin wave come it end not being has big as expected. I can totally see they releasing a dual kit duardin unit (ranged melee maybe) + 2 heroes and warmachine and a elven infantry unit + cavalry and 2 heroes and calling it a day. It would be more in line with what they release for every other faction and would still make humans being the bulk of the cities units.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Its possible they don't have a replacement yet with a aesthetic that is generic enough but not as generic s the fantasy one. One thing I imagine can happen is that when the aelven and duardin wave come it end not being has big as expected. I can totally see they releasing a dual kit duardin unit (ranged melee maybe) + 2 heroes and warmachine and a elven infantry unit + cavalry and 2 heroes and calling it a day. It would be more in line with what they release for every other faction and would still make humans being the bulk of the cities units.

Even thst would be a pretty big release. Five heroes and three units? Which faction wouldn't want that?! It is bigger than the FEC release, for example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Even thst would be a pretty big release. Five heroes and three units? Which faction wouldn't want that?! It is bigger than the FEC release, for example.

Exactly! That's why I doubt we will get more than that when the release happens. One thing they could do is updating one of them this edition with a smaller wave, as it would be sized like the one nighthaunt and sylvaneth received, and leave the last one for next edition.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That’s 5 units and 4 Heroes. That’s a massive release, particularly for something that just got a massive release. The FEC got 8, and the Seraphon got 10 for their refresh, several of which are dual builds. 

Yeah that’s why I think at best we can hope for a few(1 or 2) Ironweld units, probably a melee unit & hero, to accompany the rumored Cogfort for something on the NightHaunt/Sylvaneth wave level.

I’m certainly not expecting much when CoS is still being changed around for far off future add-ons and, going by rumors again, AoS4 seems like it’s gonna be jam packed with more faction refreshes + Chuardin, Spearhead support and possibly more surprises to add to the Seasons of War, Incarnates, Endless Spells or Terrain! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The Berserk references make sense when one remembers that one of Guts’ main character arcs surrounds his struggle with maintaining his humanity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

The Ironweld is very much Dawii supported and even the tome tell how it predominantly Duardin engineering. The subfaction shouldn't be race exclusive even if there a race predominance 

image.png.6febe1ae84510e39db139eb988e2b4ed.png

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

The whole aesthetic is weird because in one hand we got Grombrindal  who could fit the old dwarf aesthetic but there somewhat a difference

New Grombrindal Model to coincide with Issue 500 of White ...

They could also go with a old school dwarf aesthetic rather than a 8th edition is going with in the TOW

The rest i agree I just expect like Darkoath wave where it like 2 heroes and 2 units at best maybe but very unlikely a kroot wave where it 4 units and 4 heroes 

Edited by Dragon-knight77