The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Chikout said:

Two inches extra movement, wounds on 3 not 4 and has an extra pip of rend. Plus the mount actually has a worthwhile attack profile. For two warscrolls that are leader on  more or less horse sized mount that’s quite a bit of difference.

I have no doubt that he hits harder, I was specifically referring to his durability. Marshal armour just as durable as Sigmarite? With the lack of a toughness value (I know this has been discussed to death) and the increasing simplification of warscrolls, I find that AoS is losing a lot of flavour and granularity between units. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Schulzy said:

I have no doubt that he hits harder, I was specifically referring to his durability. Marshal armour just as durable as Sigmarite? With the lack of a toughness value (I know this has been discussed to death) and the increasing simplification of warscrolls, I find that AoS is losing a lot of flavour and granularity between units. Just my opinion of course.

I feel like the Marshal shouldn’t be a 3+. They’re just a regular person in armor. You could argue a 3+ for like a Liege-Kavalos, but that’s all down to magical hardening, or the Stormcast because super heavy and dense Sigmarite armor. 3+ saves should be rare and reserved for units that are very heavily armored. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I know there has been a large rumor going around and kind of confirmed by some Warhammer media outlets that, stormcast intention was to be like space marines, but they learned over second edition that wouldn’t be the case so they are starting to cut and clean the line. 

Could this mean that Cities could possibly get into an edition launch box?!?

I think they may have stumbled upon that cities, not stormcast could be the ever producing faction that everyone wants. Dropping a launch box that would include new humans, aelfs and Duardin would appeal to the masses no matter what city or build their army was made of. Could the different cities be the equivalent to space marine chapters ? Think about all the cool creatures the stormcast have come out with… cough cough … sacrosanct. I think they would be much better suited to see the mortals of the realms riding such things. 

SUPER hopium I know. Shoot, I don’t even collect the faction but feel like Cities is maybe the most important faction in AOS, model and lore wise. Their story is what makes all the other factions seem whimsical and powerful. 

• LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I know there has been a large rumor going around and kind of confirmed by some Warhammer media outlets that, stormcast intention was to be like space marines, but they learned over second edition that wouldn’t be the case so they are starting to cut and clean the line. 

I think they may have stumbled upon that cities, not stormcast could be the ever producing faction that everyone wants. Dropping a launch box that would include new humans, aelfs and Duardin would appeal to the masses no matter what city or build their army was made of. Could the different cities be the equivalent to space marine chapters ? Think about all the cool creatures the stormcast have come out with… cough cough … sacrosanct. I think they would be much better suited to see the mortals of the realms riding such things. 

SUPER hopium I know. Shoot, I don’t even collect the faction but feel like Cities is maybe the most important faction in AOS, model and lore wise. Their story is what makes all the other factions seem whimsical and powerful. 

God I hope not. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

but they learned over second edition that wouldn’t be the case so they are starting to cut and clean the line. 

I mean is it really cutting and cleaning the line when there’s every chance they’re gearing up to rerelease everything Primarisarized with the next waves Thunderstriked, Goth Thunderstriked and Sacrosanct Thunderstriked next edition and then Vanguard Thunderstriked and so on?

Besides Gloomspite, Soulblight & Lumineth already showed they can give plenty of love to factions that never touch a starter. If CoS is truly hitting well then that’ll happen for them too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

Being the poster childs of a GW core game is mostly about being relatively easy to paint / build as an army. 

It's Stormcasts case (big golden models that can build you an army with a few dozen of models), not Cos one (a big bunch of detailed human sized models that are not as beginner friendly as Stormcasts). 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

They are the most important faction THIS edition. You just remember all the people claiming for a second wave of Ossiarch or Lumineth.

We can move to a Duardins edition and Cities go to a second place and only receive a small Hero.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

We can move to a Duardins edition

That sounds really good. You should work for GW!

Btw, what do you expect for KOs 4.0? I'm not sure that a shooting army with reduced/less rend/shorter range is healthy for the game. I'm curious to see how they manage a 5-profile warscrolls and artillery in 4.0.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I feel like the Marshal shouldn’t be a 3+. They’re just a regular person in armor. You could argue a 3+ for like a Liege-Kavalos, but that’s all down to magical hardening, or the Stormcast because super heavy and dense Sigmarite armor. 3+ saves should be rare and reserved for units that are very heavily armored. 

There's a point where lore and gameplay cannot be 100% accurate for the shake of balance. Otherwise, we would have factions that won't win a single battle or that would need to put 1000 minis on the table to be balanced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Give me a bit of that hopium.

They are the most important faction THIS edition. You just remember all the people claiming for a second wave of Ossiarch or Lumineth.

We can move to a Duardins edition and Cities go to a second place and only receive a small Hero.

I think they were the most important faction just this edition because it is basically their proper start as a faction, but I agree with @Jetlife that from now on it is going to be one of the key factions in every edition.

47 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Btw, what do you expect for KOs 4.0? I'm not sure that a shooting army with reduced/less rend/shorter range army is healthy for the game. I'm curious to see how they manage if 5-profile warscrolls and artillery.

We need to wait to see. Maybe something new is coming and It is unexpected. Sylvaneth units were different and add new ways to play. Maybe KO don't related to ships.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think they were the most important faction just this edition because it is basically their proper start as a faction, but I agree with @Jetlife that from now on it is going to be one of the key factions in every edition.

My advice is better for you if you remove that kind of high expectations.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We need to wait to see. Maybe something new is coming and It is unexpected. Sylvaneth units were different and add new ways to play. Maybe KO don't related to ships.

My advice is better for you if you remove that kind of high expectations.

They are not expectations at all. It is just what I think. If that is not the case it won't matter, I have plenty of stuff that I have to catch up with 😅

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are not expectations at all. It is just what I think. If that is not the case it won't matter, I have plenty of stuff that I have to catch up with 😅

My point is that they always rotate the narrative to mantain fresh all the stuff in there two main games (40k and AoS) to avoid the narrative problems of the "dark age" (6-8 Fantasy and 4-7 40k). It is very possible that cities become a secondary actor this edition again, and we see the narrative moves to a Chaos counterattack with the new Korghos model as the first big star before 2025 Summer arrives.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Swamp Trogg said:

It's Stormcasts case (big golden models that can build you an army with a few dozen of models), not Cos one (a big bunch of detailed human sized models that are not as beginner friendly as Stormcasts). 

But the new stormcast are *just* as detailed as the cities models :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

But the new stormcast are *just* as detailed as the cities models :)

There's some of them in the Skaventide box that are indeed more detailed, but Liberators for example are still pretty easy to paint, and they are almost half of the Stormcast side of the box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Btw, what do you expect for KOs 4.0? I'm not sure that a shooting army with reduced/less rend/shorter range is healthy for the game. I'm curious to see how they manage a 5-profile warscrolls and artillery in 4.0.

After seeing the Gobbaplaooza, I think a unit like Arkanauts and Thunderers might best be treated as a unit with one or at most two weapon profiles and a bunch of (once per game?) abilities. I don't think it would be the worst if Arkanauts only had their pistol profile and had the Volleygun as a once-per-game horde killer attack (roll a d6 for each model in the enemy unit, on a 5+ deal a mortal wound or whatever).

We saw two gun profiles in the Cities preview: A sniper rifle at 24" and a pistol at 10". I think putting Arkanaut guns somewhere between 10" and 18" across the board seems fair. I think shooting distances of 24"+ are what they are trying to rein in, because that is far enough that even fast units likely eat two round of shooting before they get to charge.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

new Korghos model as the first big star before 2025 Summer arrives.

Korghos isn‘t even the star in his own biography! Killed by a Stormcast to get promoted to Daemon Prince. That‘s cheating and I‘m disappointed in Khorne! 😝

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Korghos isn‘t even the star in his own biography! Killed by a Stormcast to get promoted to Daemon Prince. That‘s cheating and I‘m disappointed in Khorne! 😝

My source was right at the end: "Vandus and Khorgos old models will not survive AoS 3.0" I expected to receive them during the campaign. 🤣

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I’m gonna guess their battle formations are all the ship upgrades from the current book that let you equip things like Gunhaulers with transport options or Frigates with poison gas attacks with the general traits being stuff like transport, fly high and laying aetheric-mines for escape.

That way you can customize your sky-fleet with which types of airships you love best while giving them extra abilities.

Thunderers seem up in the air(heh) to me since the crew Spearheads look like they’re keeping their multiple weapon options but I could also see them becoming a Gobbapalooza “warband” that just let’s you fire off 1 of 4 different effects you pick regardless of models.

Also maybe we’ll finally see what “Warmachine” keyword does with so many flying warmachines the faction is built around. ✈️ 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

After seeing the Gobbaplaooza, I think a unit like Arkanauts and Thunderers might best be treated as a unit with one or at most two weapon profiles and a bunch of (once per game?) abilities. I don't think it would be the worst if Arkanauts only had their pistol profile and had the Volleygun as a once-per-game horde killer attack (roll a d6 for each model in the enemy unit, on a 5+ deal a mortal wound or whatever).

Spearhead Arkanaut warscroll had seperate weapons profiles for pistols, volley gun, skyhook and skypike, and that game mode's supposed to be simplified compared to the main game. 

Pistols there are 10 inch range, volley gun 15", skyhook 13". 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New KO would be excellent- maybe heavy riggers a bit like Brokk's. Be nice to see the range broadening out a bit, not expecting anything on the horizon - Fyreslayers look more likely to get something.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Spearhead Arkanaut warscroll had seperate weapons profiles for pistols, volley gun, skyhook and skypike, and that game mode's supposed to be simplified compared to the main game. 

Pistols there are 10 inch range, volley gun 15", skyhook 13". 

Kind of sad. There are a few units with a million different weapon profiles in Cities as well, and I was hoping they would get collapsed. I guess I will just have to buy a bunch of different coloured dice.