The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Korghos isn‘t even the star in his own biography! Killed by a Stormcast to get promoted to Daemon Prince. That‘s cheating and I‘m disappointed in Khorne! 😝

Yeah. Felt weird. You fail and get promoted? I gues Khorse only cares about the extra blood.

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I have seen wishlists that make cities the posterboy faction since their inception in 2019, almost 5 years ago. I doubt anything will change on that front. 

Right ! 

Stormcast are and will be the AOS posterboys forever.

In the Lord Vigilant article there is a lore tidbit which in way was anticipated by Whitefang hinting Death will be a main protagonist in 4th edition :

Somehow – rumours claim the blessing of the death god Morrda – the Lord-Vigilants retain enough control and balance to sally into battle at the head of the Ruination chambers, wielding hallowed greataxes imbued with crematorial fire that can reduce a foe to ashes with a single powerful strike. Their relationship with death doesn’t end here, as their Gryph-stalkers can drain foes of life and transfer that vitality to the Lord-Vigilant in an act that bears an uncanny resemblance to the necromancy practised by Nagash.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. Felt weird. You fail and get promoted? I gues Khorse only cares about the extra blood.

Khorne was bored of the "Gavriel bomb strategy" so he is happy that Khorgos removed that from the Mortal Realms

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

Right ! 

In the Lord Vigilant article there is a lore tidbit which in way was anticipated by Whitefang hinting Death will be a main protagonist in 4th edition :

Somehow – rumours claim the blessing of the death god Morrda – the Lord-Vigilants retain enough control and balance to sally into battle at the head of the Ruination chambers, wielding hallowed greataxes imbued with crematorial fire that can reduce a foe to ashes with a single powerful strike. Their relationship with death doesn’t end here, as their Gryph-stalkers can drain foes of life and transfer that vitality to the Lord-Vigilant in an act that bears an uncanny resemblance to the necromancy practised by Nagash.

Voodoo kruleboyz incoming.

• LOVE IT! 4

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Right ! 

In one of the first posts after the Skaventide preview, it was mentioned as well that the Grypgh-Stalker is a gift from Morrda as well. It is nice that we start seeing some minor death deities, and indeed it will match what Whitefang said. Maybe we see more Morrda/ other minor goods related stuff during this edition.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I called this back in March but the storyline kinda feels fitting? I think that's something mentioned in the lore rundowns, Khul realises that Khorne really doesn't care from where the blood flows or the skulls come from just that they do. Ultimately becoming something he didn't want to become is peak Chaos IMO 😅

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Back when Warhammer was for real Chaos followers, you had to challenge everyone and if you failed once, you'd be dead or turned into a spawn! See Arbaal the Undefeated. This new Khorne suuuucks! Is he gonna pat his next champion's head when he loses against a big golden meanie? "There, there, little one, YOU are still my champion!"

Disgusting and sickening! 😤 I can only invite you Khornates to join a real Chaos God who doesn't care for you, for you are a mere pawn and plaything and nothing more! 👍

#bringbackrealkhorne #makechaosgreatagain #hashtagsforthehashtagsgod

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Chaos is ever fickle, Spawndom is just as likely a reward as Daemonhood, and only the gods may know what actions they choose to reward. Dying in combat in a fun or spectacular faction should absolutely be worth ascension if it makes Khorne happy

8 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Chaos is ever fickle, Spawndom is just as likely a reward as Daemonhood, and only the gods may know what actions they choose to reward. Dying in combat in a fun or spectacular faction should absolutely be worth ascension if it makes Khorne happy

All the other Daemon princes will laugh about Khul.

"I've slaughtered a whole city."

"I've bested legendary beasts to find the Eye of Wha'Teva!"

"I'm reeeeally perverted!"

"And I'm reaaaaaally - like reeeeeally - smelly!"

"I got my throat slit and died."

Hmmm. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

All the other Daemon princes will laugh about Khul.

"I've slaughtered a whole city."

"I've bested legendary beasts to find the Eye of Wha'Teva!"

"I'm reeeeally perverted!"

"And I'm reaaaaaally - like reeeeeally - smelly!"

"I got my throat slit and died."

Hmmm. 

Maybe now Khul starts a new arch about proving that he is worth the daemonhood and "repair his failure"

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe now Khul starts a new arch about proving that he is worth the daemonhood and "repair his failure"

As weak as he is, he's probably only starting therapy! 😤

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Valkia technically was another that fell in battle, but Khorne raised again as a daemon prince for being impressed by her deeds before her death.

Khorne‘s standards dropped a lot in recent Warhammer lore then…😭 a Chaos God of angry losers. But „maaagic isn‘t honorable“. Bah. Khorne could branch off to Grand Alliance Death, some of those at least died AFTER a fight!

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Khorne‘s standards dropped a lot in recent Warhammer lore then…😭 a Chaos God of angry losers. But „maaagic isn‘t honorable“. Bah. Khorne could branch off to Grand Alliance Death, some of those at least died AFTER a fight!

Khorne is that kind of person that rewatch Friends every year. He prefers to rewatch the same dudes fighting instead try a new one

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That gloves give me 40k vibes. Is there ay faction in 40k where that skull in a box would fit?

Agents of Imperium. Witchhunters, Inquisitors, Grey Knights, that kind of stuff....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Better question, is there any faction in 40k where a skull in a box wouldn't fit?

Aeldari, specifically Craftworlds. T'au. Tyranids (they don't care for boxes)

I am fun at parties

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Khorne is that kind of person that rewatch Friends every year. He prefers to rewatch the same dudes fighting instead try a new one

image.jpeg.f85ae5bc679a62f6c8d34dc42152a78f.jpeg

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 6