The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Surprisingly I have found myself thinking that Kharadron is insteresting for the first time since the release of the book with this set of rules.

Unsurprisingly I haven't read the KO article but saw that tomorrow's Tzeentch on the agenda! 🥰👍

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, madmac said:

Yeah, at first scroll-through of the new rules I was like "Ok, seems basically the same, no big deal" but on re-read it's considerably less inspiring. No Code, transports nerfed in multiple ways, no sky ports(this is common to all armies, but I liked the Sky-Ports) no allegiance abilities at all if you aren't using boats. It's the blandest take we've seen on KO since 1st edition, which is on brand for 4E but still, eh. Arkanaught companies not being reinforced is also a huge hit to ground tactics and infantry tactics generally. Skywardens still seem like an option that has no reason to exist, ect.

Yeah, still digesting the faction focus. Tomorrow I will try to analyze everything.

Our gameplay (appart from kangaroo-jumping) seems to be the same, so nothing big will change (we need to adapt our style with the Grundstock Expedition type of movement):

• Shooting lists will still get the same, with maybe the khemist still buffind rend (I only saw some rend in profiles with 1 or 2 attacks, appart from fumigator/decksweeper). Just play with 10 thunderes and try to do the same as before.
  • Boarding armies will have a bit more difficulty without anything that gave them a 3D6 charge, I suppose that we are going to rotate our Footnote to that Run+Charge of Brokk and probably Admirals (no CP required, but once-per-battle in this edition, thx @Cdance93. Still not Charge Bonus for balloon boyz with skypikes.

And most units are still fragile for being Duardins, and losing +1 save to be in our ships doesn't help. Btw, not a complain, I'm fine with this. 

My only issue is less about the rules and more about what made me buy the army (appart from the miniatures itself): Vehicles and The Code. I hope to see the Code is somehow represented in some models (Codewright), and maybe a future "module" with vehicles (beasts transporting troops with a howda seems really fun), but I think that the boat has already sailed.

Edit: Btw, still taking notes, there is a lot of wording and abilities keywords that I think it let us play with a lot of movement shenanigans. Btw, if any GW rules-writer is reading this, can you change the name of this faction to Kharadron Once-per-game Lords

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

At least KO's battle traits are more interesting than the Gloompsite, which equates to: "Flip a coin and maybe you'll get 1 moderate buff if you're standing in the right places!" I hate the Badmoon rules so much. Boring, unthematic, non-interactive.

Edited by Mutton
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Mutton said:

At least KO's battle traits are more interesting than the Gloompsite, which equates to: "Flip a coin and maybe you'll get 1 moderate buff if you're standing in the right places!" I hate the Badmoon rules so much. Boring, unthematic, non-interactive.

I'm not sure I agree with "unthematic" but I agree on the rest.  The badmoon should just be omni-present rather than a roving and random thing that only grants buffs to part of the battlefield.  But if it must be random and require you to be in the right place at the right time, the buffs should be far more substantial.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Yeah, still digesting the faction focus. Tomorrow I will try to analyze everything.

Our gameplay (appart from kangaroo-jumping) seems to be the same, so nothing big will change (we need to adapt our style with the Grundstock Expedition type of movement):

• Shooting lists will still get the same, with maybe the khemist still buffind rend (I only saw some rend in profiles with 1 or 2 attacks, appart from fumigator/decksweeper). Just play with 10 thunderes and try to do the same as before.
  • Boarding armies will have a bit more difficulty without anything that gave them a 3D6 charge, I suppose that we are going to rotate our CP to that Run+Charge of Brokk (and probably Admirals). Still not Charge Bonus for balloon boyz with skypikes.

And most units are still fragile for being Duardins, and losing +1 save to be in our ships doesn't help. Btw, not a complain, I'm fine with this. 

My only issue is less about the rules and more about what made me buy the army (appart from the miniatures itself): Vehicles and The Code. I hope to see the Code is somehow represented in some models (Codewright), and maybe a future "module" with vehicles (beasts transporting troops with a howda seems really fun), but I think that the boat has already sailed.

No need to spend CP on brokk, all his stuff is free ;) 

For those confused, Gloomspite Badmoon has nothing for the player to choose or do. It is quite literally a passive ability that you roll a die for. There are no strategies revolving around it, because it's an unpredictable thing you can't rely on. Think about every other faction's battle traits that grant them special powers, deepstrike deployments, or free movement options. These are all things the player can strategize around and manipulate themselves for a richer experience. The Badmoon offers none of this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ragest said:

There are too many factions that desperatly need an expansion/renovation that I can’t see room for Kharadron to receive something tuis edition

Personally I have no stake in KO. But I LOVE their aesthetic and are one of the more unique Factions that GW produces and are AOS through and through.

Since release they have only had single model updates and that was 7 years ago.

I would much rather a new KO update than a new wave of COS, Lumineth or even Kruelboyz in 4th Edition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Unsurprisingly I haven't read the KO article but saw that tomorrow's Tzeentch on the agenda! 🥰👍

Unless it is a Tzeentchian trick and GW posts something else in the end.

I see KO is to remain the 'once per battle' army of AoS. Still paying for the sins of the first battletome.

I'm still digesting the article, but at the moment, based on the information available to us, I can't see a single reason to take the Thunderers.

Frigates are now simply transport barges and nothing more. Even Brokk is packing a bigger punch and that's saying something, especially if the boats will happen to be twice as costly as he is.

IDK, after the first read, I am hugely underwhelmed and disappointed, to be honest. I'm suspecting the only people cheering these changes are the people, who used to play against KO, not KO players.

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I see KO is to remain the 'once per battle' army of AoS. Still paying for the sins of the first battletome.

I'm still digesting the article, but at the moment, based on the information available to us, I can't see a single reason to take the Thunderers.

Frigates are now simply transport barges and nothing more. Even Brokk is packing a bigger punch and that's saying something, especially if the boats will happen to be twice as costly as he is.

IDK, after the first read, I am hugely underwhelmed and disappointed, to be honest. I'm suspecting the only people cheering these changes are the people, who used to play against KO, not KO players.

FS absolutely holds the title of "OPG Army"

6 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

One of my friends plays KO (and he's pretty good, won GTs and all) and he's pretty happy with the changes.

There will be a lot of movement shenanigans with the Transport Skyfarers Battle Trait in combination with things like Redeploy.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

FS absolutely holds the title of "OPG Army"

I suppose that's the Duardin curse.

KOs have 2/4 Battle Traits that are once-per-battle, all 3 artifacts (remember that we don't have prayers, manifestations or lores) are once-per-battle, the first previewed Battle Foramtion is once-per-battle.

Let's hope for the best, Fyreslayers deserve a lot more.

15 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

There are a lot of tricks and keyword interactions. Don't give up, our movement is still key, and it seems that our gameplay will not be as restricted as before.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I have no stake in KO. But I LOVE their aesthetic and are one of the more unique Factions that GW produces and are AOS through and through.

I would much rather a new KO update than a new wave of COS, Lumineth or even Kruelboyz in 4th Edition.

Duardin in general need a second wave .

• LOVE IT! 2

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Agreed, I have no stake in them, nor any love for them (I actually outright dislike the faction), but they’ve been neglected along with the other AoS exclusive factions. I’d sooner see them get 2nd Waves over more CoS, LRL, or GSG. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

We'd not seen FS yet. So for now, my point stands.

they have 3 OPG artifacts and Brokk has 1 OPG ability and you're calling them the OPG army? 

Literally none of their battle traits are OPG (not counting the deployment once since thats, well - deployment)

Every other faction focus has OPG (1-2) in it.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

they have 3 OPG artifacts and Brokk has 1 OPG ability and you're calling them the OPG army? 

Literally none of their battle traits are OPG (not counting the deployment once since thats, well - deployment)

That's exactly half of our rules. Remember that we don't have prayers, magic, manifestations (RIP spell in the bottle) or terrain features. It's all about the other half of rules, aka, Heroic Traits.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's exactly half of our rules. Remember that we don't have prayers, magic or manifestations.  It's all about the other half (aka, Heroic Traits).

I think the key is all the nuance your battle traits provide to make up for lack of the things you mention. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I think the key is all the nuance your battle traits provide to make up for lack of the things you mention. 

Yes, of course.

Without our Transport Skyfarers trait we coudn't even play the game,  half of our damage is removed by the rule that doesn't allow to shoot in combat, that's why we need our trait.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

We speculating on Seraphon Second Wave? Also does Seraphon have a universally accepted abbreviation?

I find it weird also trying to abbreviate those armies with just one word. For Seraphon's second wave, proper second wave, 5th edition at least. That's my bet.

• Sad 1