The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

We speculating on Seraphon Second Wave? Also does Seraphon have a universally accepted abbreviation?

Dinos. Like we call sylvaneth trees and nighthaunt ghosts. If the faction has just one name the abbreviation is simple a description of what it is.

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

That's a safe bet xD 

Or the third waves in some armies

There is a safer bet than stormcast, slaves, gitz and lumineth getting new models in a edition? It is almost as safe as betting fyreslayers will get a foot hero!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Dinos. Like we call sylvaneth trees and nighthaunt ghosts. If the faction has just one name the abbreviation is simple a description of what it is.

There is a safer bet than stormcast, slaves, gitz and lumineth getting new models in a edition? It is almost as safe as betting fyreslayers will get a foot hero!

Hey hey hey, we just got a humble Enlightener this edition :(

But I'm sure that 4th will come with, at least, the river spirit and the river mage.

And maybe a cool final edition campaign with Tyrion or a promised clash against Tyrion and Malerion in 5th.

Is so good to be an Aelf.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

We speculating on Seraphon Second Wave? Also does Seraphon have a universally accepted abbreviation?

"Phony" cause they're always OP. 😤

Not that a DoT player should talk but whatever, I'm only happy if I can complain.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It’s good to be a Lumineth. It sucks to be anyone else! 

Hey, DoK have the record of most books in shorter time, Sylvaneth have a gorgeous range and idoneth...

Well, they feel like the dwarf side of the race.

Edited by Ragest

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Is so good to be an Aelf.

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It’s good to be a Lumineth. It sucks to be anyone else! 

Really? From bad to worse? Are you trying to summon me? 

I gotta make sure I'm not getting too angry at Luuumineth or else I'll die like a loser and become a Khornate DP! ❤️‍🩹

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

All in for CoS second wave before KO or FS.

In all seriousness I think COS can wait till 5th for a new Wave. 

IDK, FS and KO take priority followed by Ogors and Ossiarch.

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I’d put Ogors on par with the main 3 because the crust on them is thick enough to give them +1 to their armor save and they DESPERATELY need it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d put Ogors on par with the main 3 because the crust on them is thick enough to give them +1 to their armor save and they DESPERATELY need it.

the update, or the +1 to armor saves?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree, but I honestly think GW wanna spike hardly the CoS prominence.

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It's not that they deserve a second wave. It's that generally when GW do a new army they make too many new kits and split them into two releases over the course of 18 months. They did it with slaanesh, lumineth, soulblight and sylvaneth and they'll do it again with cities and seraphon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree, but I honestly think GW wanna spike hardly the CoS prominence.

CoS is IMO a more important army than any of the four listed. But if we want fair treatment, Ogors should definitely be the first to get some stuff. Then those armies that lack units and variety like FS, IDK, KO etc. But I think small waves like Sylvaneth and IJ are in the future for them. If FS don‘t one, they might go the way of BoC once CD are there I think. 

I just want armored Tzeentch Chosen Sorcerer-Warriors. Anything else can wait for DoT. Doubt it‘ll be more than a single hero though, which is fair… but sucks for me! 😇

13 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

It's not that they deserve a second wave. It's that generally when GW do a new army they make too many new kits and split them into two releases over the course of 18 months. They did it with slaanesh, lumineth, soulblight and sylvaneth and they'll do it again with cities and seraphon.

I'm not so sure on Seraphon. Their release was the biggest singular one with 10 new releases, new half of it on units kits. There very little to update other than skinks, Saurus guards, terradons and the monsters (which GW is really very few of in more recent waves). If you are counting the arch-revenant as a Sylvaneth wave you could count kroak as well as the first wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Personally to me they need updated the most seeing as only 3 kits have been released for them in the entire lifespan of AOS and 2 are hero models!!

• Like 1

I bet the elves wait til 5th, 4th feels like it will be dwarf focused to me. Idk why, just a feeling

Here's what I think we see for 4th: Fyreslayers update, Chorfs, COS 2nd wave, Seraphon 2nd wave (cause cmon if you gonna update the lizardmen, whats a better time to do it then when they go against their main foe the rats?), and Ogors refresh

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

4th feels like it will be dwarf focused to me. Idk why, just a feeling

• Rumor confirmed Chorf arrival 
  • CoS dawii yet squatted despite Beastmen, elves, orcs & human cut while DMH are coming before
  • map key having all 4 major dwarf faction are important enough to be in the realms map
  • 1716758242135965.jpg.dfeb14de5c76d4fc2abf21d66ad0b0c2.jpg
  • Skaven invading the realm most associated with Fyreslayer and is the frontline

The Vermindoom has come and grudges/debt must be pay

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  • CoS dawii yet squatted despite Beastmen, elves, orcs & human cut while DMH are coming before
  • map key having all 4 major dwarf faction are important enough to be in the realms map
  • Skaven invading the realm most associated with Fyreslayer and is the frontline

Destruction doesnt do cities here.

Edited by Gitzdee

32 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Ironically Gloomspite kind of does  with Moonclan Lurklair, Web Kingdom and Trogghole

I meant they arent listed as any key points on the map. 

The Drakkfoot BS subfaction also has its home in Aqshy. But yeah....

16 hours ago, Beliman said:

Maybe...

16 hours ago, Snarff said:

I haven't disagreed with anything...

16 hours ago, Ookami said:

Well, some...

With designspace i meant the types of units, e.g. cavalary, monsters, infantry, etc. and not the design of models.

Cavalary and monsters are something that hardly works for KO.

Of course you can always design some dude in slightly different armor with some fancy new gun (just like they do with SM). But the style of the army doesn't give much in the way of monsters and cav.

All in all, yes, they could use some new stuff and i wouldn't be mad for them to get something. But in my opinion Ogors and FS are much more in need of something.

IDK is kinda on the same level in terms of 'deserving something' as KO i think.

DoK are seriously lagging in unit types aswell. But as they aren't skybound, they can actually use more of the types. They basically just have light infantry (WE/SoS), elite light infantry (Melusai), fast light infantry. (Khinerai) and kind of (but not quite) light cavalary (Warlocks). Are they more deserving than KO? I am biased here and would say yes, but thats just my opinion.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Xil said:

With designspace i meant the types of units, e.g. cavalary, monsters, infantry, etc. and not the design of models.

I suppose that design space means the role/classic label that units would have in a Fantasy wargame. It's really easy to see what are KO missing by looking what they have:

• 1 Chaff
  • 1 ranged anvil unit
  • 2 Light-cavalry/ Shock troops
  • 2 boats
  • 1 support boat
  • A bunch of support Heroes

If we use classic fantasy naming, then we don't have any monsters, elite ranged/melee units, skirmishers, heavy cavalry, specialized war machines (transport - artillery), monstruous infantry, swarms, mannifestation/terrain sets, specialized Heroes (duelists, blenders, snipers, healers), beast-packs, etc... but take in mind that KOs can take/use other wargaming designs (world war, like sappers, flamers, flyers of any type, etc...) and just transform them to fit AoS.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

DMH?

7 hours ago, EthanolMuffins said:

I bet the elves wait til 5th, 4th feels like it will be dwarf focused to me. Idk why, just a feeling

Here's what I think we see for 4th: Fyreslayers update, Chorfs, COS 2nd wave, Seraphon 2nd wave (cause cmon if you gonna update the lizardmen, whats a better time to do it then when they go against their main foe the rats?), and Ogors refresh

I am wondering, what did Seraphon of certain relevance in AoS? I know they messed around on the moon/ planet that Khul established as his own. They also have been saving the day here and there, including dealing with Kragnos. Is there something else that can be called relevant overall for them? I am not envisioning a new wave for them soon, but if they didn't participate in a relevant way... who knows? Maybe you are right.