The Rumour Thread

One point only: During the first year of third edition two of the most important factions were BoC and BZ, with there own campaign book (Thondia), being important actors for the Era of the Beast (origin of Kragnos) and a few stories on WD (campaign of east Ghur).

None of the factions are important, GW rotate the actors each edition moving previous one to almost the forbidden to focus in the new stuff (Slaanesh, Lumineth or Ossiarch during second edition).

We are gonna get only 4-5 big launchs outside the initial box factions per edition, so, if Chorfs and Ogors are two of them, then 2 or 3 armies more. You can start expect with of them are the chosen. Of course, we are gonna get other 4-5 small ones.

I think that if we had an edition where we got a new unit or war machine with each battletome release, rather than a single hero as was commonly the case last edition, that would go a long way towards actually improving a lot of factions' sense of roster depth.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am wondering, what did Seraphon of certain relevance in AoS? I know they messed around on the moon/ planet that Khul established as his own. They also have been saving the day here and there, including dealing with Kragnos. Is there something else that can be called relevant overall for them? I am not envisioning a new wave for them soon, but if they didn't participate in a relevant way... who knows? Maybe you are right.

This is the magic of GW, if you don't follow to much the lore then you will miss the importance of factions in previous editions because they remove them from the scope without any kind of mercy. Seraphon was one of the main actors during first and second edition, involved in almost all the things that happened during these edition until Kragnos event.

Aos 3 major releases 

1. stormcast

2. kruleboyz

3. seraphon

4. slaves to darkness (twice!)

5. Cities of Sigmar

6. flesh eater courts

7. Ironjawz (small 4 kits)

8. sylvaneth (smallish)

so we got 8 faction releases in third so  my guess for aos4 is

1. Stormcast

2. Skaven 

3. Fyreslayers (smallish 4 kits)

4. Chaos Dwarves

5. Ogors

6. Dok (smallish 4 kits Krethusa is a literal herald)

7. Cities second wave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Aos 3 major releases 

1. stormcast

2. kruleboyz

3. seraphon

5. Cities of Sigmar

6. flesh eater courts

8. sylvaneth (smallish)

1. Stormcast

2. Skaven 

4. Chaos Dwarves

5. Ogors

7. Cities second wave

My bet for your 8 faction is Khorne

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly I feel Khorne could very likely just be a single Daemon Prince Khorgos model and that's it. 

Pestigors and Khornegors could appear this edition

EDIT: Just remember that the Khorgos Start Collecting have 2 heroes and the Khorgorath attached to monopose units that must be splitted or removed as soon as possible

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Aos 3 major releases 

1. stormcast

2. kruleboyz

3. seraphon

5. Cities of Sigmar

6. flesh eater courts

8. sylvaneth (smallish)

1. Stormcast

2. Skaven 

4. Chaos Dwarves

5. Ogors

7. Cities second wave

I should add to 3rd edition list :

Gloomspite : 1 hero + 1 unit  along Battletome + 2 heroes in Dawnbringers 

Nighthaunt : 2 hero + 1 unit 

So for 4th edition I can see Kharadron and Ossiarch and Seraphon have a " 1 hero +1 unit" treatment 

I am not sure about Ogors refresh in 4th edition .I mean everybody expecting it just because it will be the last native whfb after Skaven big refresh and BoC squat but for now our seer Whitefang only confirmed that "they will stay in mortal realms".

cG9Paf7.jpg

• Like 2

Multipart khorgorath... 

The model, lads from war-of-sigmar were talking back 1st edition started. 

And 've never seen the light. 

Dont think, after like 8 years, gw' ll release it. 

Also still think, if they update Khull (now more WHEN not if), there will be few more heroes with him (like Valkia or Scyla or smthing new) and a unit of elite elites. Like imagine wrathmongers, but more demonic. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Aos 3 major releases 

1. stormcast

2. kruleboyz

3. seraphon

5. Cities of Sigmar

6. flesh eater courts

8. sylvaneth (smallish)

1. Stormcast

2. Skaven 

4. Chaos Dwarves

5. Ogors

7. Cities second wave

And kharadron second wave 

cos already have a lot of kit and warscroll . Why are you so sure they will get a new wave ? Unless you mean some unit resculpt ?

Edited by Grunbag

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

And kharadron second wave 

cos already have a lot of kit and warscroll . Why are you so sure they will get a new wave ? Unless you mean some unit resculpt ?

I think it is obvious that if CoS gets something meaty we will get a purge bigger than the release 😅

Posted (edited)
Just now, Ejecutor said:

I think it is obvious that if CoS gets something meaty we will get a purge bigger than the release 😅

Wouldn’t be bad ? 

Edited by Grunbag

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Wouldn’t be bad ? 

No no. I would love it, but that's what I mean when we speak about wave 2. Technically the faction could end up having just 16 kits rather than the current 36.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Here my bet for V4: 

stormcast

skaven

Ogor refresh 

kharadron 2nd wave : 1 new hero ( kharadron engineer?) , 1 faction terrain (sky port) , 1 new gunhauler size ship , 1 melee elite unit

Fyreslayer 2nd wave : 1 named hero on mount possibly warmaster unit , 1 cav unit , 1 monster unit , 1 infrantry unit 

Chorf release 

Dok refresh 

cities refresh 

if they split orruks , 3 or 4 new unit for kruleboyz (1 hero , 1 cav , 1 elite foot unit , faction terrain)

the other faction will get their single unit release with the BT .

SoB unit could be a mancrusher size new unit to increase possibilities with Spearhead . 

If they split orruk then ironjawz would get endless spells (foot of gork, fists of gork ..)

GsG will have a new gitmob unit . 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 1

Also keep in mind Warcry as a vehicle to add in more units. If GW is planning to have at least one warband per faction KO, Slaanesh, Idoneth, Skaven, Gloomspite and Ironjawz (if they decide to split them from Kruleboyz) are left. Not counting Sons of Behemat because that just wouldn't really work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cdance93 said:

I dunno why people are obsessed with giving FS a cavalry unit, it doesn’t fit their lore and I don’t think they need it. 

not every army needs cavalry 

Probably just because they saw the magmadroth and its a "give them an inch, they'll take a mile" type situation. 

3 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I dunno why people are obsessed with giving FS a cavalry unit, it doesn’t fit their lore and I don’t think they need it. 

They ride magmadroth why can’t they ride smaller ones ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

A LOT of Fyreslayers' problems could be solved with a much better written rules for them. Even with those few kits, there are still enough different profiles to give each a very distinct and well-defined role. I'm an FS player, and I never felt any need for more sculpts. Not very faction needs to be equally numerous in units.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

A LOT of Fyreslayers' problems could be solved with a much better written rules for them. Even with those few kits, there are still enough different profiles to give each a very distinct and well-defined role. I'm an FS player, and I never felt any need for more sculpts. Not very faction needs to be equally numerous in units.

100% agree with you

4 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Not entirely true . More type of unit means you have more chance to adapt through the seasonal rules . But I agree that better rules are more important that more models