The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ookami said:

I remember one from the short story "I, Behemat". There was a whole family of gargants led by female one. I do hope they will once make a female miniature of Behemat - that'd be cool!

Sons are a Matriachal society so they NEED a female Gargant!!

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

I am happy summoning is gone. Whenever I played VS Nurgle (was a hardcore netlist) they just summoned in way too much with no counterplay possible.

“there’s a tree and the table has corners so I summon another beast of nurgle 🤮

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

Yeah, glad to see the back of summoning as a Tzeentch player. Now I don't *have* to use daemons and can go pure mortal if I want - and either way, I only need to pack my actual army list to take to the game store for a game, not my list and a huge pile of daemons I might conceivably summon.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Sons are a Matriachal society so they NEED a female Gargant!!

More mancrusher sized unit would be cool rather than another mega gargant . So they can improve spearhead 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

More mancrusher sized unit would be cool rather than another mega gargant . So they can improve spearhead 

They need both, a more character focused unit in similar size and price bracket to the Mega Gargants or slightly smaller knights, as well as another unit around Mancrusher size to give variety in list building options.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They need both, a more character focused unit in similar size and price bracket to the Mega Gargants or slightly smaller knights, as well as another unit around Mancrusher size to give variety in list building options.

An in between Gargant would be a perfect edition. A Medium Gargant with dual builds a Matriarch Mega Gargant and an updated Mancrusher and that Faction is set!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, glad to see the back of summoning as a Tzeentch player. Now I don't *have* to use daemons and can go pure mortal if I want - and either way, I only need to pack my actual army list to take to the game store for a game, not my list and a huge pile of daemons I might conceivably summon.

Let's just hope that our heroes and units aren't overpriced anymore to offset the free units! 😇

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

The fully grown ones are usually Zharrgrim or high ranking lodge members. But we know that they have to be trained, we know that some lodges utilize them a lot more than others, and we know they take little ones into battle. So cavalry really would not be out of the question at all.

Add in a new centerpiece with the flying lava drakes and make the new calvary kit pull double duty for ground and air options!

Just, like, find a way to make the Duardin riders look unique!

• Like 1

A gargant in the 300 point range would be good. I don’t want to see any models bigger than the current megas and brodd. But in between sizes they could fit in lots.

a female storyteller type character who buffed other units a bit like Brodd does would be interesting ie a non unique priest 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

A gargant in the 300 point range would be good. I don’t want to see any models bigger than the current megas and brodd. But in between sizes they could fit in lots.

a female storyteller type character who buffed other units a bit like Brodd does would be interesting ie a non unique priest 

Memawgargant

shes not mega because her back went out decades ago. Uses a tree like a cane. Says she’s a wizard. Whenever she casts a spell to make something  disappear she just throws it.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cdance93 said:

Ok I know I said cav was non-lorical but FS driving machines is like, heretical

Ironjaws are the all armor all the time orcs, and they still got a naked ork unit to have at least ~some~ variety, plus they got cav, big pigs, cabbage dragons, and the armor orks come in recognizeably bigger and smaller varieties.

Fyreslayers have naked dwarves and big salamanders, thats, like, two things.  And the big salamanders come in one pose and are ridden by heroes only, you don't even have unridden & buncha regular guys varieties.  Ironjaws alone, without the rest of the orks, were absolutely murdering you for unit and model variety even before they got the big pigs.

The only other faction with just-two-things is sons of behemat, with their big giants and bigger giants, and they're a novelty gimmick faction like knights in 40k.

Fyreslayers alone without any kind of variety to them are, like, a really good warcry warband to attach to a real faction.  when I compared them to saurus I was being wildly too generous, it's more like having an entire faction for just Chameleon Skinks.

AoS has a few single-fantasy-unit-turned-into-an-entire-aos-faction type situations.  The all black orc faction was already discussed.  The all witch elves faction (which still inherited the cauldron and warlocks from oldhammer at least) got harpies and snake ladies.  the all ghost faction was wildly expanded with a variety of stuff for 2e.  The all cavalry ogor faction were souped.  The all plague-monk skaven faction were souped.  The all savage orc faction was souped and then squatted.  The all ghoul faction had already been given ground and flying monstrous infantry before fantasy died, and recently picked up bat monster cavalry and elite ghouls with actual weapons.

If ghouls can be flexible enough to let go of their 'too primitive/deluded to use actual weapons, they fight with their claws and teeth or at most a big rock or bone club and only imagine they're using real weapons' lore in order to add an elite ghoul guard with actual halberds unit, then maybe the all slayers faction can loosen up a bit as well, and, like, one or two units can be allowed to put a shirt on, or ride a lizard, or fire a gun bigger than one dude can carry by themselves?  Let the other fyreslayers think they're weird, but let them exist.

Or just soup em, like beastclaw raiders.

Or squat em, like bonesplittas.  Shame to squat AoS original models, but they'd be far from the first (and even further from the best) AoS model kits to meet that fate.  We would lose fewer kits than the stormcast just lost in the process.  Not hard to believe that a faction so insular & inflexible, and so mercenary as to have no true allies, might not make it in the mortal realms.  Free up room for a Duardin faction with a broader concept, capable of sustaining a full model range, and let the survivors of whatever disaster takes out the fyreslayers persist as like a unit or two there.

Again, their concept is a great idea for, like, a warcry warband, to attach to a real faction.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Sception said:

Ironjaws are the all armor all the time orcs, and they still got a naked ork unit to have at least ~some~ variety, plus they got cav, big pigs, cabbage dragons, and the armor orks come in recognizeably bigger and smaller varieties.

Fyreslayers have naked dwarves and big salamanders, thats, like, two things.  And the big salamanders come in one pose and are ridden by heroes only, you don't even have unridden & buncha regular guys varieties.  Ironjaws alone, without the rest of the orks, were absolutely murdering you for unit and model variety even before they got the big pigs.

The only other faction with just-two-things is sons of behemat, with their big giants and bigger giants, and they're a novelty gimmick faction like knights in 40k.

Fyreslayers alone without any kind of variety to them are, like, a really good warcry warband to attach to a real faction.  when I compared them to saurus I was being wildly too generous, it's more like having an entire faction for just Chameleon Skinks.

AoS has a few single-fantasy-unit-turned-into-an-entire-aos-faction type situations.  The all black orc faction was already discussed.  The all witch elves faction (which still inherited the cauldron and warlocks from oldhammer at least) got harpies and snake ladies.  the all ghost faction was wildly expanded with a variety of stuff for 2e.  The all cavalry ogor faction were souped.  The all plague-monk skaven faction were souped.  The all savage orc faction was souped and then squatted.  The all ghoul faction had already been given ground and flying monstrous infantry before fantasy died, and recently picked up bat monster cavalry and elite ghouls with actual weapons.

If ghouls can be flexible enough to let go of their 'too primitive/deluded to use actual weapons, they fight with their claws and teeth or at most a big rock or bone club and only imagine they're using real weapons' lore in order to add an elite ghoul guard with halberds unit, then maybe the all slayers faction can learn to loosen up as well.

Or just soup em, like beastclaw raiders.

Or squat em, like bonesplittas.  Shame to squat AoS original models, but they'd be far from the first (and even further from the best) AoS model kits to meet that fate, and we would lose fewer kits than the stormcast just lost in the process.  Not hard to believe that a faction so insular & inflexible, and so mercenary as to have no true allies, might not make it in the mortal realms.  Free up room for a Duardin faction with a broader concept, capable of sustaining a full model range, and let the survivors of whatever disaster takes out the fyreslayers persist as like a unit or two there.

Again, their concept is a great idea for, like, a warcry warband, to attach to a real faction.

For me the "ghouls" and FS scenario is not comparable. FEC allow to use weapons if we based ourselves in the lore, while FS lore limit them.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 minute ago, Sahrial said:

Big words from someone in eatin’ range.

I'm an especially ill-tempered Brimstone Horror, so please go ahead, I'll laugh last! I'd be more painful than eating pre-prepared pizza right outta the oven when you're too hungry to wait for it to cool off! 😤

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

PICS or it didn't happen!!!!

Will try to get pics from the source. I trust it has it was the same one that said summoning was gone in 4e (and it was before tzeentch preview confirming it).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

For me the "ghoulds" and FS scenario is not comparable. FEC allow to use weapons if we based ourselves in the lore, while FS lore limit them.

Lore in AoS isn't set in stone.  Retcons are numerous, and even lore that isn't retconned to have never been that way can change as factions develop and react to events in the narrative.

Fyreslayers don't like machines and don't wear clothes and don't ride lizards... until a mad engineer rises to power in one of their holds pushing heretical new inventions, or a deadly new threat makes their runeskin protection insufficient and they have to adapt or die, or a new fad of beast riding takes hold of the younger generation, much to their elders' consternation.

Or, again, the lore can just change in that their holds, already pushed to the brink by the Soul Wars and the Age of Beasts, just couldn't take the final blow of the skavendoom hitting Aqshy hardest of all, collapsing their civilization and forcing the survivors (the new hero, the decent looking warcry warband, the magmadroths) to seek shelter alongside their dispossessed cousines in sigmar's cities.  Wasn't that already the lore of the new hero?  A refugee from a fallen hold, carrying the last embers of their sacred flames?

That sounds like laying the groundwork of a narrative justification for squatting/souping to me.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Saw some talk on AoS groups today that playtesters confirmed Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are getting separated indexes.

It was the obvious step. Hopefully we will get it confirmed soon.

Edited by Ejecutor