The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Sception said:

Lore in AoS isn't set in stone.  Retcons are numerous, and even lore that isn't retconned to have never been that way can change as factions develop and react to events in the narrative.

Fyreslayers don't like machines and don't wear clothes and don't ride lizards... until a wicked new threat makes their runeskin protection insufficiont and they have to adapt or die, or a new fad of beast riding takes hold of the younger generation, much to their elders' consternation.

Or, again, the lore can just change in that their holds were already pushed to the brink and the skavendoom hitting Aqshy hardest of all turned out to be just too much to take, collapsing their civilization and forcing the survivors (the new hero, the decent looking warcry warband, the magmadroths) to seek shelter alongside their dispossessed cousines in sigmar's cities.  Wasn't that already the lore of the new hero?  A refugee from a fallen hold, carrying the last embers of their sacred flames?

That sounds like laying the groundwork of a narrative justification for squatting/souping to me.

True. Maybe Bael getting his arms smashed could lead to a change.

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

An in between Gargant would be a perfect edition. A Medium Gargant with dual builds a Matriarch Mega Gargant and an updated Mancrusher and that Faction is set!!

I don’t play sob but wouldn’t it be better if they drop all mega gargant stats by 1/4and the points cost by 1/4 so you can play one more mega gargant in the list ? 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I don’t play sob but wouldn’t it be better if they drop all mega gargant stats by 1/4and the points cost by 1/4 so you can play one more mega gargant in the list ? 

Especially for GW! Those giants are expensive!

Edited by Ejecutor

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It was the obvious step. Hopefully we will get it confirmed soon.

Wow, thanks. I hope Cogfort don't arrive never, the worst step is to get more faction terrain.

It is good to still reading people that nice here.

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I hope so- With the changes to CP and Battleshock, we need to learn what exactly the Bonereapers DO now, because that’s 2 Faction Traits that need modification 

Because OBR are such a huge open question, I half expect GW to save them for last.

IJ and KB possibly being separated indices doesn't rule out the existence of Big Waaagh as an option. They're *already* separate lists as it is in 3e, with their own traits, magic items, etc., just in one book together and with the option of mixing them there.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

IJ and KB possibly being separated indices doesn't rule out the existence of Big Waaagh as an option. They're *already* separate lists as it is in 3e, with their own traits, magic items, etc., just in one book together and with the option of mixing them there.

Sure they may do so in the future when the faction tomes are properly released or with rules expansions, like dawnbringers, but don't expect it to be a option when the edition drops. The rumors I saw talked about Big waagh being dead.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I'm an especially ill-tempered Brimstone Horror, so please go ahead, I'll laugh last! I'd be more painful than eating pre-prepared pizza right outta the oven when you're too hungry to wait for it to cool off! 😤

we literally have “firebellies” and “thunderbellies”. We can handle a little bit of spicy rock.

Edited by Sahrial
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

while FS lore limit them.

Man quote me some of this super restrictive lore because I play Fyreslayers and haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. Not that GW wouldn't retcon all conflicting lore in a nanosecond to justify new models anyway.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Sure they may do so in the future when the faction tomes are properly released or with rules expansions, like dawnbringers, but don't expect it to be a option when the edition drops. The rumors I saw talked about Big waagh being dead.

It could be like the Ynnari are in 10th, rules for playing it in one of the books but both armies are their own thing outside of it.

36 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

IJ et KB étant éventuellement des indices séparés n'exclut pas l'existence de Big Waaagh en option. Ce sont *déjà* des listes séparées comme c'est le cas en 3e, avec leurs propres traits, objets magiques, etc., dans un seul livre ensemble et avec la possibilité de les mélanger là-bas.

A AoR for Big Waaagh! may be ?

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Wow, thanks. I hope Cogfort don't arrive never, the worst step is to get more faction terrain.

It is good to still reading people that nice here.

Don't mix stuff. I think it was 80-20 favouring the split.

- They are two fully fleshed-out armies.
- Destro is a bit low in terms of factions.
- GW could be interested to check how well KB sell now that they are out of the starter boxes and being on their own.

Also, there's an obvious downside. The chance of not being able to play them together anymore, but for me this is overall something positive. I think this would bring them updates more often and GW will put more care into their content.

Obviously is just my opinion.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't mix stuff. I think it was 80-20 favouring the split.

- They are two fully fleshed-out armies.
- Destro is a bit low in terms of factions.
- GW could be interested to check how well KB sell now that they are out of the starter boxes and being on their own.

Also, there's an obvious downside. The chance of not being able to play them together anymore, but for me this is overall something positive. I think this would bring them updates more often and GW will put more care into their content.

Obviously is just my opinion.

I am happy i didnt buy into KB if the split is true. Cant say im happy about the split though. I like the options of a soup tome very much. To me it doesnt really make sense to split them, i am with @Nezzhil with this. I would rather see a Frazzlegitz tome and split Gitmob from Gloomspite Gitz if Destruction simply needs more tomes. I wonder if we will see new Gitmob at all 4th edition if Orruks are getting the extra tome, the Gloomspite tome is already getting bloated with options.

I can slightly understand why they squated BS if this is the direction they are taking and simply just want to remove older sculpts instead of redesigning the whole BS range for a 3rd orruk tome. Still hope we will be seeing some Bonesplitterz units into separate tomes, if this turns out to be true.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

What about their little cousins — are there any rumours that the Spiderfang specifically might be getting updated models? I’m really tempted to take the plunge but the outdated Spider Riders and Gigantic Spider are holding me back… 

Would love to get more info on Spiderfang. At least we are still around 4th edition with the keyword included in the index. The announced removal of only the Scuttleboss has me hopefull for maybe a new named character model or something similar. At least there is 3 years of play left so as good a time as any to jump in.

Edit: just looked up the article again just to check and noticed something. I only now realised it says Big Boss on Gigantic Spider and not Scuttleboss. This is weird cause that name hasnt been used last edition at all so that must refer to this specific model and not the unit. New Scuttleboss model confirmed?!?!

Screenshot_20240530_013444_Chrome.jpg.540fa88e3a66b58ff6c2e4700a99e6eb.jpg

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)

@HorticulusTGA you cast me into a odyssey to find the origins of the demon box as i navigate Valraks streams and  Bolter&Chainsword/4chan forums for the rumor. My will is strong, my cause righteous so I still sail on

Odysseus's Choice. A lot has been made about Odysseus, the… | by Richard  Tseng | Medium

Seriousness it almost all mention of this rumor has vanish (and i mean actual semi-plausible rumor of it) and it doesn't help that in search of this Valrak put out a video that he heard that there a possibility that they going to AOS the demons but later in a B&C forum mention how he never did a full video because he couldn't get any real concret info on it

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Haha 1