The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I would rather see a Frazzlegitz tome and split Gitmob from Gloomspite Gitz if Destruction simply needs more tomes. I wonder if we will see new Gitmob at all 4th edition if Orruks are getting the extra tome, the Gloomspite tome is already getting bloated with options.

I mean when the Tomes hit we could see Gitmob put into the Kruleboyz tome to bulk them out as more mercenary options alongside their Hobgrots and other beasts they pull in to fill out their numbers. (While Ironjawz stay elite and await Gordrakk to complete his side quests to bling up a new model in the future with more bashy boyz, battle-shamans and giant monsters)

It’s possible that’s even why the Gloomspite got a warmachine hint if it’ll replace the Snarlfangs with a new unit while the mercenary nomads ride under Mork’s banners who don’t shun their sun god.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean when the Tomes hit we could see Gitmob put into the Kruleboyz tome to bulk them out as more mercenary options alongside their Hobgrots and other beasts they pull in to fill out their numbers. (While Ironjawz stay elite and await Gordrakk to complete his side quests to bling up a new model in the future with more bashy boyz, battle-shamans and giant monsters)

It’s possible that’s even why the Gloomspite got a warmachine hint if it’ll replace the Snarlfangs with a new unit while the mercenary nomads ride under Mork’s banners who don’t shun their sun god.

I thats true ill buy all the hobgrots nobody want off ebay XD.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I thats true ill buy all the hobgrots nobody want off ebay XD.

Ohh, best part if we do get two Orruk tomes(besides a propa Ironjawz Spearhead) is the Kruleboyz Anvil of Apotheosis may let you get really creative with Grot & Hobgrot leader builds with them getting more focus on it.

Ricki’s Ghoulmere would have a field day. 🤩

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

All this talk of faction splits, I still think the best outcome for Destruction would be for KB and IJ to stay together. GSG to get some kits, Ogors a big refresh, a new kit for SoB and make Drogrukh (lead by Kragnos) a 5th Destruction Battletome. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

All this talk of faction splits, I still think the best outcome for Destruction would be for KB and IJ to stay together. GSG to get some kits, Ogors a big refresh, a new kit for SoB and make Drogrukh (lead by Kragnos) a 5th Destruction Battletome. 

I mean following the cycle, death is next big bad, I wouldn't expect new destruction faction until 6th when it comes back around to destruction

4 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

I mean following the cycle, death is next big bad, I wouldn't expect new destruction faction until 6th when it comes back around to destruction

Perhaps. but who is to say the "Cycle" stays the same? We could see something like Chorfs in 2025, Drogrukh in 2026, Death in 2027 with AoS 5. 

• Like 1

Or baboons paw curls that the Kruleboyz split = Drogrukh book with Kragnos and friends sitting up shop with his followers while Gobsprakk has to plot a new way to gain full power.

Ironjawz Mobberz & Kragnos Kronies 😄

Also being the big bad of the starter set doesn’t mean anything for what stuff get release for the whole edition.

like you wouldn’t expect Necron being the big bad in 9th lead to Black templars, Leagues of Votann, and World eaters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EthanolMuffins said:

What cycle?  "abca" does not make a pattern on its own.

• Like 1

Ok. Here goes. Swinging for the fences with a big AoS 4 prediction. 

A general one. Faction terrain and endless spells are back. The slaves to darkness scenery is a sign of things to come. 

Skaven - as has been reported by @SG Warhound 8 or 9 new kits +

A plague monks unit for warcry. The plague censor will be a weapon option for some models instead of a unique unit. Eshin is being saved for 5th  or 6th edition whenever we visit ulgu and finally get Malerion. 

Stormcast. A relatively small additional release. A ruination chamber centrepiece, one or two units and one or two heroes. (After leviathan marines only got two units and three foot heroes) 

Gloomspite a smallish release 2 - 5 kits featuring gitmob and hopefully armoured troggoths. 

Mawtribes - a big update 8-10 kits but perhaps more like flesh eaters than cities. New versions of resin, completely new units but barely any updated plastics. 

Khorne -a small release 2-5 kits but we will see a big demon prince Khul model. 

Tzeentch - a small update 2-5 kits focused on the demon side of the range 

All chaos god armies will have access to the slaves terrain piece. That's why it has different builds. 

Chaos Duardin - new range 8-12 kits scenery, endless spells

Idk - mid sized release 3-6 all new kits. Endless spells. 

Fyreslayers mid sized release 3-6 kits. There will be cavalry. The one thing everyone loves about Fyreslayers is the magmadroth. Of course gw will lean into it. 

OBR - small update 2 or 3 new kits like the slyvaneth update. 

Cities - mid sized update leaning into the religious side of the army. The underworlds warband was a preview. 

Lumineth - Tyrion will turn up in the end of edition campaign series which gw will foolishly release at the end of the edition again instead of spaced over the years. He won't get any friends until 5th edition. 

5th edition will buck the trend and will be a refreshed vanguard chamber Vs Malerion's Aelves . 

More updates but smaller ones seems to be a trend GW are following with 40k tenth. I expect AoS to do that too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Skaven - as has been reported by @SG Warhound 8 or 9 new kits +

Holy cow, really?! Good for them! 👏 🐀 

Fingers crossed even 40% of your predictions hit home and make us feel like we’re back in 2018’s Malign Portents era of rapid releases and updates.

Even if that ends up 2 new units and a terrain piece per faction(especially those missing them, justice of Orruks get 2) and just a new universal Endless Spell pack I’ll consider that a big win compared to AoS3’s dry spell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I've been a bit out of the loop... has there been any mention of allies or coaltions yet? 

i don't believe so, but we do know that regiments of renown are still a part of the game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I've been a bit out of the loop... has there been any mention of allies or coaltions yet? 

I think it will be removed. The are making the rules very thight and balanced as possible. Allowing allies will unbalance it.

I really like the indexes so far, but it seems with the current limit of 3 (artefacts of power, heroic traits, spells) that the focus is on named heroes and less on making your dudes your own through customization, which seems even less than in third. But this could be the index effect.

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't mix stuff. I think it was 80-20 favouring the split.

- They are two fully fleshed-out armies.
- Destro is a bit low in terms of factions.
- GW could be interested to check how well KB sell now that they are out of the starter boxes and being on their own.

Also, there's an obvious downside. The chance of not being able to play them together anymore, but for me this is overall something positive. I think this would bring them updates more often and GW will put more care into their content.

Obviously is just my opinion.

Yes and not mention they always been balanced as separated faction in all the metawatch, at the opposite of GSG for exemple . Now I’m starting thinking that maybe they were meant to be separated armies from the beginning , they simply didn’t had enough model to run on their own , and due to logistic issue they couldn’t release the ironjawz second waves before so maybe they souped them as a place holder until they release more unit for them . 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I think it will be removed. The are making the rules very thight and balanced as possible. Allowing allies will unbalance it.

That's what I suspected. 

And absolutely no surprise that Coalition rules are being scrapped.... even in Third Edition they were being made less and less viable. A shame, because I've got loads of Slaves and Beasts units painted up in my collection's livery. Never mind, I've got almost enough Slaves stuff to run a separate army of that... and, assuming Beasts are getting a Spearhead, nearly enough for that too! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

IJ and KB possibly being separated indices doesn't rule out the existence of Big Waaagh as an option. They're *already* separate lists as it is in 3e, with their own traits, magic items, etc., just in one book together and with the option of mixing them there.

Basically this.

Just realease 2 index for each orruk and, meanwhile we wait for a campaign book or Battletome, release an "army of renown" called Big Waaagh in a white dwarf. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Basically this.

Just realease 2 index for each orruk and, meanwhile we wait for a campaign book or Battletome, release an "army of renown" called Big Waaagh in a white dwarf. 

Big Waaagh as a RoR makes sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

That's what I suspected. 

And absolutely no surprise that Coalition rules are being scrapped.... even in Third Edition they were being made less and less viable. A shame, because I've got loads of Slaves and Beasts units painted up in my collection's livery. Never mind, I've got almost enough Slaves stuff to run a separate army of that... and, assuming Beasts are getting a Spearhead, nearly enough for that too! 

I wouldnt expect a Spearhead for BoC after the DoT faction focus where their name was carefully left out completely shameless like they never existed.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

Yes and not mention they always been balanced as separated faction in all the metawatch, at the opposite of GSG for exemple . Now I’m starting thinking that maybe they were meant to be separated armies from the beginning , they simply didn’t had enough model to run on their own , and due to logistic issue they couldn’t release the ironjawz second waves before so maybe they souped them as a place holder until they release more unit for them . 

I see Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Slaves, Cities, Skaven get splitted soon. The balance argument is hilarious and so stupid. Better don't check how Workshop decide to support a faction over others...

Well we also know that Weirdnob Shaman warscroll lost the Orruk warclan keyword but it is also labeled as Ironjawz warscroll.

which at least means the Ironjawz allegiance ability still exist and still it’s own thing. (Which can also means Kruleboyz still kept their own allegiance ability)

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

5th edition will buck the trend and will be a refreshed vanguard chamber Vs Malerion's Aelves . 

Will buck the trend ooor show us the true pattern. Order > Death > Destro > Chaos > Order ;)