The Rumour Thread

Well Ogres were unquestionably nerfed pretty hard in a number of ways. But I think I'm most angry about Leadbelchers STILL having the same ****** warscroll for 3 editions now. So f* lazy.

25 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

DoT might’ve either stayed the same or even gone down slightly because you completely lost summoning and that was previously pointed in. So compared to everyone else, you’re probably in a good spot except on Kairos. 

Well, before we got points and see more warscrolls etc. it's just theoretical for sure. But since there is no summoning outside of c spawn and IF costs stay the "same" in relation to everything else similar to before, we'd be utter trash tier most likely as it was already frustrating before to fit in enough heroes and units. But it's way too early to say anything at this point outside of it feeling like we'll be nerfed overall once again but the nerf might hit the sweet spot: I'll gladly take the trade of no free summoning for properly costed heroes/units this time if they manage to get the balance right though. I like horrors but ultimately that unit did the overall army more harm than good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Im confused what you're complaining about here

The edition is supposed to be toned down.

that warscroll is stupid. The definition of destroying your opponent’s fun.

There‘s basically no way Kragnos doesn’t kill what he touches and if he charges it’s double dead. Compare this silly warscroll to the heaviest hitter we‘ve seen apart from Kragnos, it’s absurd. And idk about the point costs, this warscroll smells of bs.

yes, screens, and yes, shooting.

Arguable the damage potential of him SHOULD not exist in a game of chance. Some people will get the full force of this warscroll slapped into their face and their day ruined.

I guess they have to sell the blant, ugly pony man with the lame backstory. He is powerful because.

I‘ve had enough if this fluff-bereft token ruleset.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 8
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

There‘s basically no way Kragnos doesn’t kill what he touches and if he charges it’s double dead. Compare this silly warscroll to the heaviest hitter we‘ve seen apart from Kragnos, it’s absurd. And idk about the point costs, this warscroll smells of bs.

Yikes, tell me how you really feel!

I hardly see how he's that much crazier than Yndrasta (against a monster). His charge damage literally stayed the same from the current edition, Tuskbreaker literally got worse and his save went to ****** (atleast he gets a 5+ ward) ALSO he counts as half on objectives from before.

Mate what are you on about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The edition is supposed to be toned down.

that warscroll is stupid. The definition of destroying your opponent’s fun.

yes, screens, and yes, shooting

Arguable the damage potential of him SHOULD not exist in a game of chance. Some people will get the full force of this warscroll slapped into their face and their day ruined.

I mean, this warscroll is weaker than his current version in 3rd edition, and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in 3rd ed, was he?

I think the warscroll's good for what we've seen of 4th ed, don't get me wrong, and he's basically a monster-killer icbm, but you can expect he'll come with a hefty points cost and he's considerably squishier than he was in 3e.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Yikes, tell me how you really feel!

I hardly see how he's that much crazier than Yndrasta (against a monster). His charge damage literally stayed the same from the current edition, Tuskbreaker literally got worse and his save went to ****** (atleast he gets a 5+ ward) ALSO he counts as half on objectives from before.

Mate what are you on about?

Yndrasta maxes out at 27 damage to a monster if she rolls perfectly and all saves are failed.

Kragnos maxes out at 36 _mortal_ damage against a monster... Before he even starts attacking.

Not really that great of a comparison.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

They can keep these unwashed barbarians! 🤭 

Where are my properly bathed Tzeentchian Sorcerer-Warriors, GW?

Warhammer Online was over a decade ago, it's time to let it go.

*This post was written by the Tzaangor Gang*

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mortal Wound said:

Yndrasta maxes out at 27 damage to a monster if she rolls perfectly and all saves are failed.

Kragnos maxes out at 36 _mortal_ damage against a monster. Before he even attacks.

What? Yndrasta does 35 to a monster

I guess they figure cos it's only triggering the big mortals versus monsters it's probably fine, just don't let your monster get charged and you don't even have to worry about it (even ignoring the 16% chance of it just doing nothing anyway.)

But, y'know, he's ostensibly a divinity of smashing stuff, feels like his warscroll should be allowed to be pretty punchy, he maintains the same weaknesses he's always had in being a relatively slow, non-flying melee piece that can be blocked out from putting his high damage where it needs to go.

25 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

Kragnos maxes out at 36 _mortal_ damage against a monster... Before he even starts attacking.

It's a pointless comparison.

See what I did there?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

Do you ever think that maybe those are different people? That maybe the people having issues with a reduction in lethality or the loss of complexity aren't the same people who asked for a reduction in lethality and complexity? Isn't that a crazy thought? That there are different people online that want different things. What a world we live in.

Go check where you want, even TGA has its own post about it, the online conssensus was the same. You can't make everyone happy, so the devs watched the feedback and decided to hear the majority of the playerbase.

If you want to explain me why more lethatlity or save stacking and a rules bloat is good for the game I'm happy to talk about it, I allways love to chat about my favourite hobby.

Edited by Ragest

22 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warhammer Online was over a decade ago, it's time to let it go.

*This post was written by the Tzaangor Gang*

I can accept my cute and tenderly appreciate the birb-boys as our regular warriors but we‘re the only Chaos force to have no mortal elite! 

If GW didn‘t put holes and scratches onto the normal Undivided stuff it would be fine but since they have to make them scrappy, even Stormcast look more like proper Tzeentch warriors! 

I can do this* all day, like Captain America but with colorful tail feathers instead of America‘s behind!

* complain like a toddler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know this gets said a lot, but it really is way too early and far too little information to be saying the sky is falling on anything. So far I have heard people say that each of the faction focuses are good and bad. Summoning is gone, by there is a good chance that things that were priced around that will drop points because of that. This happens every edition, and I remember people reacting this way to every faction, every edition. 

• Like 1

If people think Kragnos is bad, wonder what they will think when we see Archaon’s warscroll

Kragnos will be balanced by a high points cost and the game is also seeing a general points increase as well if the preview games are any indication, its like what 15-25%?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EthanolMuffins said:

If people think Kragnos is bad, wonder what they will think when we see Archaon’s warscroll

Kragnos will be balanced by a high points cost and the game is also seeing a general points increase as well if the preview games are any indication, its like what 15-25%?

200 points more in both armies I think.

Kragnos should cost the same, I think that's why they reduced his save to 4+, to make him a little more "glass cannon".

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Tournament attendees are the bonesplittas of GW's customers, highly vocal but statistically insignificant. 

Yet, the AoS ruleset seems very focussed on tournament games.

Edit: And GW balances the game through tournament results.

Edited by Tonhel

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yet, the AoS ruleset seems very focussed on tournament games.

I imagine they spend a lot more, they also generate a lot of content, they also try to bring in new players. 

It’s also a very visible part of the game. I don’t play in tournaments. But I watch battle reports and read about results and listen to podcasts about tournament players. 

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

Go check where you want, even TGA has its own post about it, the online conssensus was the same. You can't make everyone happy, so the devs watched the feedback and decided to hear the majority of the playerbase.

If you want to explain me why more lethatlity or save stacking and a riules bloat is good for the game I¡m happy to talk about it, I allways love to chat about my favourite hobby.

To be absolutely clear, I'm not saying that more or less complexity/lethality is better or worse for the game. I have an issue with you attempting to laugh off anyone that has issues with the current changes as people complaining about getting the thing they asked for. You're conflating the people that want a reduction in complexity/lethality with the people that have issues with the reduction in complexity/lethality and that's frankly ridiculous. You're not just talking to one person online, there are a lot of us out here with a lot of different desires. 

Personally I don't love the changes so far because they're not fixing the areas I had problems with. I had no issues with army rule complexity, it was getting up there for a few factions but I really enjoyed the flavour that it gave (Nurgle in particular was a masterpiece of a book and I'm really worried how it's going to look now). I did have an issue with Battle Tactics though, they slow everything down hugely and are a purely game mechanic that don't really offer a lot of 'fun' for the effort (in my own opinion). I also prefer things to stay lethal as it keeps game moving at a brisk pace, so I'm worried that the general reduction in stats is going to make everything a lot grindier and you're going to be stuck rolling a lot of dice for very little impact. That being said it's probably going to be balanced out by the combat ranges so I guess we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ragest said:

200 points more in both armies I think.

Kragnos should cost the same, I think that's why they reduced his save to 4+, to make him a little more "glass cannon".

300 points if you don't factor the endless spells points (that are now free) as both lumineth and skaven sides of the masterclass game had ~1700 points by our actual points.

Probably things will either stay around the same points or are getting a increase of 10~15% points. I doubt we will see points decreases, maybe for units that were hit to hard with points nerfs and/or one that got radically different roles than before.

52 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

That kind of ****** output can ruin a casual game while at the same time it is not doing anything vs an experienced tournament player. I think that's the problem.

Doesn't help to call people *bad at Warhammer* -  @TheHeartbreakPrince

Is Kragnos tearing up the meta? How many Kragnos lists are at world's?

🫳🎤

3 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

To be absolutely clear, I'm not saying that more or less complexity/lethality is better or worse for the game. I have an issue with you attempting to laugh off anyone that has issues with the current changes as people complaining about getting the thing they asked for. You're conflating the people that want a reduction in complexity/lethality with the people that have issues with the reduction in complexity/lethality and that's frankly ridiculous. You're not just talking to one person online, there are a lot of us out here with a lot of different desires. 

Personally I don't love the changes so far because they're not fixing the areas I had problems with. I had no issues with army rule complexity, it was getting up there for a few factions but I really enjoyed the flavour that it gave (Nurgle in particular was a masterpiece of a book and I'm really worried how it's going to look now). I did have an issue with Battle Tactics though, they slow everything down hugely and are a purely game mechanic that don't really offer a lot of 'fun' for the effort (in my own opinion). I also prefer things to stay lethal as it keeps game moving at a brisk pace, so I'm worried that the general reduction in stats is going to make everything a lot grindier and you're going to be stuck rolling a lot of dice for very little impact. That being said it's probably going to be balanced out by the combat ranges so I guess we'll see how it goes. 

I repeat, you can’t make everyone happy.

I see that you have problems with a 4+ hit, that's fair, but now you wound on a 2+, and the saves overall are going down aswell.

Tbh hitting and wounding 2+, just to end against a 2+ save with finest, command and mystic shield, is just throwing dice for the sake of throwing dice and a waste of time.

Now you have a worse hit, but is easier to end making damage on the target, so all time you are rolling dices have a payoff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2