The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)

@Grimrock I know the feeling, even if I was the other side of the coin. I loved the fluffy rules of the 3rd edition, but I didn't like everything else. 4th edition seems to be good for me, but don't get me wrong,  I will miss all the fluffy stuff and we still don't have tools to customize our heroes (apart from meh stuff) and no Challenge/Duel ability, but everything else seems to be ok to great.

2 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

That kind of ****** output can ruin a casual game while at the same time it is not doing anything vs an experienced tournament player. I think that's the problem.

I agree with that.
Conclusion: Don't use Kragnos unless the opponent already knows how to deal with him. 

-Signed: Gotrek

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I just want to add my 2 cents to the Ogor Faction Focus arguments:

It seems that all armies had been nerfed (SCE seems to be the exception, and I expect Kruleboyz too). Just read the common players of this armies, look at their specialized subforum or reddit. The arguments are exactly the same "we have been nerfed" or "they removed alll this flavour abilities", or anything like that.

What I'm trying to say is, wait a bit and play the game, everyone is in the same square as you, and that's what matter.

Until the BT start dropping and they are 200 times better 😅

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

That kind of ****** output can ruin a casual game while at the same time it is not doing anything vs an experienced tournament player. I think that's the problem.

Doesn't help to call people *bad at Warhammer* -  @TheHeartbreakPrince

It reminds me of when Thundertusks did flat 6 MW at 18" range.

Could you beat it? Yes. What it lighting up the tournament scene? No. Were there tactics to mitigate? Yes.

Was it fun to play against? Not at all.

Some Warscrolls are the worst of both worlds - somehow bad in both a competitive and casual setting. I think they're usually designed for "Timmy" players who want big numbers and flashy monsters, but I don't think they really work out.

I'm not sure if Kragnos fits into this category, but it is a bit of an anti-fun experience to have him delete whatever he goes into if you don't want to engage with things like screening. If you want to play AoS in more of a "my guys fight your guys in a scrum" then Kragnos will be the bane of those games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, stuff like Kragnos and all the gods are where things can break down really easily. How do you balance literal Gods in a tabletop game without them feeling like wimps? It is a tough balancing act.

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Doesn't help to call people *bad at Warhammer* -  @TheHeartbreakPrince

IMO it all depends on how you take it. Yeah, it can ruin your game, but also is the kind of stuff that you laugh about for years. At least based on my experience.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No idea why people are suddenly having problems with Kragnos 36 mortals ability when he literally had that ability right now and nobody even cares.

Probably because I think most people never actually played against him enough to look at the warscroll, and this might be the first time they actually saw the ability.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, TheHeartbreakPrince said:

Is Kragnos tearing up the meta? How many Kragnos lists are at world's?

🫳🎤

I don’t mind Kragnos, but that’s kind of his point isn’t it? Kragnos’ ability has a very large deviation. From zero to 36 mortal damage on a single roll. 

That kind of deviation is unlikely to 5-0. But it can absolutely destroy a casual game. The only tournament I played I took Kragnos, because I’m a slow player and that meant I had very few models. 

In one game I charged 15” and did 20 mortal damage to a maw krusha on impact. All attacks into a unit of pigs. And the game was basically over. I wasn’t going to win that tournament by a long shot, but that was a feel bad that could have very easily swung the other way (doing zero damage). 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I can accept my cute and tenderly appreciate the birb-boys as our regular warriors but we‘re the only Chaos force to have no mortal elite! 

If GW didn‘t put holes and scratches onto the normal Undivided stuff it would be fine but since they have to make them scrappy, even Stormcast look more like proper Tzeentch warriors! 

I can do this* all day, like Captain America but with colorful tail feathers instead of America‘s behind!

* complain like a toddler

In all seriousness, I do think the updated Curseling model makes it all but inevitable they'll be armoured Tzeentch Warriors at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CAD file somewhere in a drive at Nottingham with 'Curselings' who don't have the Tretchlet grafted on, probably as an initial starting point.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

In all seriousness, I do think the updated Curseling model makes it all but inevitable they'll be armoured Tzeentch Warriors at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CAD file somewhere in a drive at Nottingham with 'Curselings' who don't have the Tretchlet grafted on, probably as an initial starting point.

The Curseling makes the wait even more difficult for me cause he‘s just that handsome 😂… and Tzeentch armor is my favorite look (next to chaos spawn - those would probably be waaay cooler with new midels as well) and sorely missing in the line! Still quite jealous that Slaanesh got theirs in the first wave. I feel like we‘ll get something like more Curselings as well but I‘m just impatient. 

Anyways, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. ❤️ I hope that that unit comes out after all the important releases for armies that really need more love. Until then, please bear with me rambling about sorcerer-warriors. 🙏

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

No idea why people are suddenly having problems with Kragnos 36 mortals ability when he literally had that ability right now and nobody even cares.

I saw people crying about Nagash' spell when they showed the 4th warscroll being exactliy the same aswell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HCMistborn said:

Yeah, stuff like Kragnos and all the gods are where things can break down really easily. How do you balance literal Gods in a tabletop game without them feeling like wimps? It is a tough balancing act.

That a really good point. And Imho, GW can take down some of the Gods to be on par with 500p units.

Just write the lore with that in mind. Kill a "God" from time to time, ascend another one in a campaign (hello Morathi), and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

+++ MOD HAT ON+++

I knew it would happen. I said it would happen and here we are.

We dont know how these rules and Warscrolls affect the game yet. Calm. Down.

Also more importantly, be civil towards one another. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheHeartbreakPrince said:

Is Kragnos tearing up the meta? How many Kragnos lists are at world's?

🫳🎤

A general misconception. The „meta“ is irrelevant to most casual games which make up the majority of games played.

I bot saying he is op, he simply ruins games.

That‘s why I said screening and all the theoretical tactical bohoo is irrelevant. If you play that bs Warscroll vs a casual father which manages 1-2 games a month he will have his evening ruined.

It‘s not even a skill issue, casual games are simply played differently (not picking „the meta“ on purpose for example)

edit: In comparison Nagash seems toned down, he has no delete button with a 90% chance (just 50% + succeeding the spell) - Kragnos is stupidly too much (don’t even roll the dice, just remove whatever he attacks/charges)

A little story from AoS 1 or 2? I used to meet another player at his home for games. He played IJ I played vampires. Since I used to live in a rural area I had to drive 40 minutes across quite tricky roads.
He tabled me at the end of his turn two: He rolled really well with his Gordrak blew threw the screens, got the double and overkilled all my vampires (sadly all mages so double damage and what not).

The game wasn’t fun and we didn’t have enough time to start a new one. 3-4 hours wasted due to a way too high damage potential. And that’s the issue. Such games are a reason to reconsider if my time isn’t more wisely spent doing something less arduous.

Is Kragnos Op? No. The game has tools to deal with him.

Can and will he ruin casual games? Absolutely.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

I seriously wonder about the benefits of these faction previews to advertise and build hype for a new edition.

They are exciting and intriguing in and of themselves, but the online discourse always then kills the mood with people declaring that the sky is falling.

I dunno... I'm not sure what else they could do in the space. Maybe breakdown a single warscroll each day instead? In detail?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't understand the issue with Kragnos when he's been doing that for years now? His damage even went down slightly, as well as his tankiness.

And his ability can fail, so saying "don't even roll the dice" is just wrong. Statistically, he has 50% chance to do 8MW or less with his ability, while Nagash has 50% chance to just kill a model for instance (it's not a spell anymore).

Edited by KarrWolves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MythicKhan said:

I seriously wonder about the benefits of these faction previews to advertise and build hype for a new edition.

They are exciting and intriguing in and of themselves, but the online discourse always then kills the mood with people declaring that the sky is falling.

I dunno... I'm not sure what else they could do in the space. Maybe breakdown a single warscroll each day instead? In detail?

I guess we are a minority and 90% of the player base just read them, get the hype but lack the sky-falling chats bit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I guess we are a minority and 90% of the player base just read them, get the hype but lack the sky-falling chats bit.

True. I've stopped using all hobby reddits now because they just end up being dominated by the negative crowd!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MythicKhan said:

True. I've stopped using all hobby reddits now because they just end up being dominated by the negative crowd!

I'm nicely surprised by this chat, very few doomsayers! Most people being realistic rather than overly negative :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, MythicKhan said:

Agreed, I use them for paint scheme and kitbashing discussion primarily but now its all negativity overwhelming it which is disappointing

• Like 1