The Rumour Thread

Just now, Beliman said:

Unpopular opinion: next step, remove All-Out-Attack and Defende.

With 4 commands per round, with countercharge being prevalent to mess with opponent's ballte tactics, gameplan and some Command Abilities tied into detrimental stuff (Gloomspite moon, skaven holes or, to a lesser extenct, the Alartih cow) I think we won't see much All Outs.

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Part of the flavour of each army is going to be tied to stats. Maybe not as flashy as an ability, but that's another positive feature of 4th Ed.

Unpopular opinion: next step, remove All-Out-Attack and Defende.

I think people don't get as excited about it because mechanically efficient stats and flavourful, but less "good" abilities appeal to different types of players. I think Ogor players are not as much into mathematically efficient warscrolls as they are into making big charges and slamming big dudes into the enemy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think people don't get as excited about it because mechanically efficient stats and flavourful, but less "good" abilities appeal to different types of players. I think Ogor players are not as much into mathematically efficient warscrolls as they are into making big charges and slamming big dudes into the enemy.

I resent that, I can at least count to six, as that is how many are in my glutton unit.

• Haha 2

While I agree that edition changes come and go too fast, I do think this change seems to be setting up the game in a promising way going forward. The actual mechanics of the game seem to be much less of a hodgepodge of rules than before. It's a solid foundation that has plenty of hooks where interesting mechanics can be added. The wyrdflame rule is a little example of that. The anvil of apotheosis is a thing that has been popular in principle.  it looks like exactly the sort of thing that hobbyist have been asking for, a chance to make a unique characterful hero which you can then make a conversion to represent. GW is pushing right into the core of the game by including it in every battletome. 

The rules we've seen so far are simpler but how much of that is a fundamental change to the game and how much is index hammer remains to be seen. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I dunno, I think beefy attack profiles are very much part of the Ogors appeals. Like, seeing a big unit of Ironguts obliterate a unit of chaff, killing three models with every swing is very satisfying. Which is why I think that Ogre Kingdoms in Warhammer Fantasy/The Old World kinda feel a bit underwhelming; their units are mostly Strength 4, which means they hit about as hard as Chaos Warriors, Saurus and even Orcs with Choppaz. For those unfamiliar with Fantasy imagine if the Ogor attack statline was something like 4s to hit, 3s to wound, Damage 1 and how that would feel so less impactful. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I like this little flavour titles they are putting at the bottom of the images.

I love them 

Stormcast--->Storm incarnate

Skaven ---> children of the horned rat

Nighthaunt --->spectral host

Gloomspite--->under the light of the bad moon

Kharadon--->Merchant lords of the skies (my personal favorite)

Ogres---> insatiable juggernaut 

Tzeentch--->Cult of change

Flesh eater--> cannibal kingdom 

Cities --->Bringer of the dawn (the weak one honestly doesn't really describe them it just trying make a in-universe refrence ) Should have been like Bastion of civilization or crusader of dawn of sigmar

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Calling it now, we will see Gotrek's warscroll in the Fyreslayer preview because they don't have named characters.

We will only see characters' warcrolls.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Cities --->Bringer of the dawn (the weak one honestly doesn't really describe them it just trying make a in-universe refrence ) Should have been like Bastion of civilization or crusader of dawn of sigmar

I think it is a well-thought words game. It is a reference to the dawbringer crusades but also a way to say they will be the saviours of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 2

very similar to current fec rules, which is good for them because the current rules are good.  kind of feels like too much faction trait text, though.  personally I would have preferred they kept the delusions and ditch the noble deeds instead of the other way around, but so be it.

Hopefully good stuff for the slayers.  I hate on them more than they strictly deserve, but as long as they're staying a thing they might as well be good and fun.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sception said:

very similar to current fec rules, which is good for them because the current rules are good.  kind of feels like too much faction trait text, though.  personally I would have preferred they kept the delusions and ditch the noble deeds instead of the other way around, but so be it.

Hopefully good stuff for the slayers.  I hate on them more than they strictly deserve, but as long as they're staying a thing they might as well be good and fun.

The push and pull of noble deeds during games and the interesting decisions you have to make because of them is what is making me think that FEC has some of the best gameplay in AoS right now as someone who plays them. Delusions on the other hand are just passive buffs - personally the noble deeds are better designed and make every hero choice interesting. ESPECIALLY now with the way list building is

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The basic shot is roughly on par with the damage of an Ironweld Greatcannon unbuffed (a bit better).

I wanted to get a feeling for how strong More-More Warpstone Bullets is and did a test roll. Rolled 33 attacks and immediately blew myself up on the hit roll. So working as intended, I guess.

• Haha 12