The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Well, the Curseling isn‘t a special character anymore, so it‘s not Vilitch and Thomin but rather supposedly (since they only wound on 4+) „mighty“ sorcerers/acolytes and/or adepts of ze dork arts that have a tretchlet (those Vilitch-esque daemon tumors) fused to them as a result of them dabbling into all kinds of secrets and magic. 

Anyways, I think that warrants a cc profile of a normal chaos warrior as these guys are supposed to be mighty and brutal enforcers and they should at least have equal skill with a weapon, even if they started their path as a bookworm (although adept could mean anything in Warhammer).

Yeah, with Vilitch background in mind I thought a 4+/3+ would be perfectly justifiable. With the correct background of the Curseling, a 3+/3+ would indeed fit more than a 4+/4+, as it looks indeed like a Chaos warrior with an extra.

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The new Curseling definitely can‘t infiltrate anything either very well to be fair if we discount magic (which would be the first model‘s choice. The current one is built like a Chaos Warrior and has two heads next to each other - what‘s his disguise? A bodybuilder with a giant hump? He can be stealthy if the guards are blind! 👍

LOL 😄

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

but if everything has such equipment and does stuff like that, nothing feels special anymore

I get this is really subjective, but it doesn't have to feel that way? If each faction is designed to be full cultures, with fleshed out characters and motives, why wouldn't they all have their own cool stuff? It's a Warhammer setting which necessitates developing better equipment to fight. It doesn't mean a grunt can fight monsters properly, or that heroes don't get fantastical wargear. It's more to make the setting feel "lived-in" as people say they want from AOS.

(FANTASTIC sculpts btw, great shoes :P)

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Shoes give +2 armour.

Unironically the protection against getting a toe splinter should translate to +2 armor. those are just plain evil...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

What new models do you think the Idoneth will get in the Fourth Edition?

A hero. ;(
I hope for a kraken and some really awesome weird beasts!

armoured infantry would be nice as well or skirmisher cavalry

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I get the point, but to me, that shoudn't be enough to have better profiles. I mean, SCE are 3+/3+, they hit with inhuman precision (wink-wink elfs) and with the strength of a monstruous Nightshrieker.

I don't have any problem if some Human Heroes hit with 3+, or even 3+ wound if they have a big axe  (I prefer a point of Rend or Dmg for that stuff, but that's just me), but Steelhelmers are far away from all this elite profiles.

Lore accuracy has to be sacrificed in some cases in order to make the game balanced. It is just impossible to have it all.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The new Curseling definitely can‘t infiltrate anything either very well to be fair if we discount magic (which would be the first model‘s choice. The current one is built like a Chaos Warrior and has two heads next to each other - what‘s his disguise? A bodybuilder with a giant hump? He can be stealthy if the guards are blind! 👍

One of the Dawnbringer short stories shows him as a Freeguilder. Where did he hide the second head? That's one of those plots that the writers should have developed more in the books...

19 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Probably squids & large crabs going by popularity vibes. Likely heavy sea knight infantry with harpoons too as that’s an easy fill.

Would love a giant lightning jellyfish that absorbs enemy magic and can Rampage a paralysis shock, that would be a fun threat to drift at the enemy lines.

Also since Aqshy & Fuethan seem to be in focus I’d like that one fiery sea monster they’d sometimes follows them on raids that basically spit out napalm. 

Would be a fun twist to have a deepsea army with fire attacks that’d be neat to theme to other Realms like molten metal spitters or Hysh light beams.

Maybe the attacks can extra damage faction terrain making it a scaley siege engine from the deep. 🌊 🔥 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

One of the Dawnbringer short stories shows him as a Freeguilder. Where did he hide the second head? That's one of those plots that the writers should have developed more in the books...

I mean it’s Tzeentch and the tumor makes up part of their body. They likely just quickly flesh meld back into a normal form like out of a 80’s “the Thing” horror movie when they’re hiding amongst the crowd.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

27 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

A hero? :P

Jokes aside. A hero or two, endless spells, a unit and a new behemoth/centrepiece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean it’s Tzeentch and the tumor makes up part of their body. They likely just quickly flesh meld back into a normal form when they’re hiding amongst the crowd.

Yup. That was how it was described in the short, it was just a joke.

5 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I believe that was the Changeling, not the Curseling.

True. It was the changeling. My bad.

‘You did,’ Smold said – and screeched, and sang, and cackled, and grunted, and sobbed, and soliloquized, and whined, and chanted all at once, as his battered officer’s garb unspooled into fine cobalt robes. Tsupa could only watch as Smold’s left arm split into three, while the right reached to grasp a serpent-twined staff that manifested from the air. 

‘And I never lied. We could not have too many of you going east. Fate is tangled most delicately there. But your hopes, so vibrant, were sublime. You believed not in the Pontifex. Now you believe not in I. So you die as you chose to be,’ the entity said, as its crafted face transformed into roiling blackness beneath a hood. ‘Faithless.’

Beaked gor-kin were approaching. They carried sacrificial knives. With shaking hands, Tsupa groped for his pistol. The hooded being folded its arms in some esoteric sigil. A wail left the Freeguilder as his fingers were transmuted into dribbling stalk-mouths that whined in dismay.

‘And one more gift I shall bestow,’ the daemon said in its ninefold voices. As Tsupa watched through bleary eyes, its transformation into an abomination paused. Instead, it became something worse. Arms folded back into themselves as the uniform of a Hammerhalian Steelhelm knitted into being. A face began to protrude from beneath the hood, eyes bulging, before snapping into more human proportions. The facsimile of Tsupa Brim looked down at its mutated, moaning opposite. It smiled.

‘You will, indeed, bring your words to the Grand Conclave,’ the daemon-doppelganger said. ‘If there’s any Conclave remaining, that is.’

In my head this was him getting his second head out:

Tsupa could only watch as Smold’s left arm split into three, while the right reached to grasp a serpent-twined staff that manifested from the air.

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

You gotta excuse that people forget the Changeling exists after his last warscroll, they‘ve never seen him in the wild. 

Too much Tzentchelings. Give them different names!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Too much Tzentchelings. Give them different names!

Narrator: Unfortunately GW heard this and took it as a challenge leading to the 3 new Tzeentch heroes.

The Combustling Flamer hero.

The Coerceling trickster hero that steals command points by tormenting commanders

and the most feared Cataclysmling that builds up into a time bomb over 3 turns to nuke half the field.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Narrator: Unfortunately GW heard this and took it as a challenge leading to the 3 new Tzeentch heroes.

The Coerceling trickster hero that steals command points by tormenting commanders

and the most feared Cataclysmling that builds up into a time bomb over 3 turns to nuke half the field.

How could you forget The Fluxling, the guy who flux?

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

GW can be glad that they put -ling for Tzeentch, cause the Khornate (Ber)Zergling would result in a lawsuit! 

3 minutes ago, Sception said:

How could you forget The Fluxling, the guy who flux?

Or the nefarious Cussling, whose battlecries cannot be transported via this medium. But rest assured that it goes something like this: „**** ******** ***** **** ***** Tzeentch **** ****!“

His battlecry is almost as foul as R2-D2‘s dialogue in Star Wars, where they had to beep every single word he said!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcm6495 said:

I am hoping for a sea dragon or a sea serpent simply because the mental images I am getting from both of these in my head look awesome. For something less over the top, some sort of heavy armored infantry would be nice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

And the infamous Lingeling. The worst of all them.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

I am hoping for a sea dragon or a sea serpent simply because the mental images I am getting from both of these in my head look awesome. For something less over the top, some sort of heavy armored infantry would be nice.

Sorry, best I can do is a foot hero.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

Just ❤️

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I mean, don't the Disciples use illusions and/or shape-changing a lot of the time?  If I remember correctly Kairic Acolytes disguise themselves as twiggy dorks to infiltrate places, only to swell into a Chippendales' lineup when they need to. 

A Chippendales' lineup with knives.

• Haha 1