The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I mean, don't the Disciples use illusions and/or shape-changing a lot of the time?  If I remember correctly Kairic Acolytes disguise themselves as twiggy dorks to infiltrate places, only to swell into a Chippendales' lineup when they need to. 

A Chippendales' lineup with knives.

Oh, they‘re always the twiggy dorks but only transmutate into the oiled-up Custodes from „If the Emperor had a text-to- speech device“ if needed… or when it‘s fun. The bigger question is: Why would they ever go back to being little twigs tho? Or wearing clothes? If they went to my gym, they‘d find enough people to join their cul- club for such mad gains!

By the way, Tzeentch‘s ploys are indeed taking their time. It took 5632 pages to turn The Jabber Tzeentch‘s thread into a real Tzeentch thread. 

Usually only the dwarfs and rats manage to do that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Oh, they‘re always the twiggy dorks but only transmutate into the oiled-up Custodes from „If the Emperor had a text-to- speech device“ if needed… or when it‘s fun. The bigger question is: Why would they ever go back to being little twigs tho? Or wearing clothes? If they went to my gym, they‘d find enough people to join their cul- club for such mad gains!

Because being swole with perfect skin in the Mortal Realms and not being a Stormcast probably means you’re Slaaneshi. It’s easier to remain undiscovered when you’re the twiggy unassuming nerd. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Because being swole with perfect skin in the Mortal Realms and not being a Stormcast probably means you’re Slaaneshi. It’s easier to remain undiscovered when you’re the twiggy unassuming nerd. 

*looks at Ruination chamber* Yeah, they surely are perfect specimens. 🤓

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Tbh with the models it could be anything but nurgle as the BoK models are swole with good skin and the Kairic Acolytes for DoT

23 hours ago, Sarouan said:

Fun for the competitive players who don't understand they repel quite a lot of potential people into the Hobby. But feel free to keep having fun, just don't complain if you see you have less people to play with in the future.

our scene is 90% competetive and we have a bunch of new players that were lured in by watching our ultra competetive games.

So dont talk as if you knew what new players want.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Xil said:

our scene is 90% competetive and we have a bunch of new players that were lured in by watching our ultra competetive games.

So dont talk as if you knew what new players want.

I think it always depends on the people.

i have met a lot of new players joining the competitive environment. Some stayed others lost interest and went onto the more casual side.

currently at least in our club we have around 10ish% that are interested in the competitive scene.

but that doesn’t mean that gw shouldn’t be focusing on the competitive side.

personally I’m happy if they focus on both, making certain that armies are fun and play as it is written in the lore.

if it comes down to anything I want specific,

I’d say please gw start adding your legend stuff to your apps.

it’s frustrating not to be able to write a list with those units when you clearly made the effort to add points and rules for them

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

i have met a lot of new players joining the competitive environment. Some stayed others lost interest and went onto the more casual side.

currently at least in our club we have around 10ish% that are interested in the competitive scene.

personally I’m happy if they focus on both, making certain that armies are fun and play as it is written in the lore.

it’s frustrating not to be able to write a list with those units when you clearly made the effort to add points and rules for them

I wouldn't even know where to find a casual group in the broader area of my club. There is a lot of other competetive clubs around.

Yes, some players prefer more chill game and don't attend tournaments. But even those not attending tournaments sometimes find joy in playing comp lists.

Maybe...maybe it is because we teach new players how to screen, move, target, stay in buff bubbles and how to score. We even one time made a 'AoS school day'

Edited by Xil

2 minutes ago, Xil said:

I wouldn't even know where to find a casual group in the broader area of my club. There is a lot of other competetive clubs around.

Yes, some players prefer more chill game and don't attend tournaments. But even those not attending tournaments sometimes find joy in playing comp lists.

Maybe...maybe it is because we teach new players how to screen, move, target, stay in buff bubbles and how to score. We even one time made a 'AoS school day'

I mean if screening, moving, choosing a target are considered competitive I will have to restate my last comment😂.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean if screening, moving, choosing a target are considered competitive I will have to restate my last comment😂.

That are the arguments i have read the past few pages. Newbs don't know how to screen....

I am sometimes baffled that they know how to place their units on the table and mark their territories

From the comments i sometimes imagine newbs and casuals to be like this 😆 (no offense):

brainlets

Edited by Xil
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Xil said:

That are the arguments i have read the past few pages. Newbs don't know how to screen....

I am sometimes baffled that they know how to place their units on the table and mark their territories

From the comments i sometimes imagine newbs and casuals to be like this 😆 (no offense):

brainlets

I meam there are definitely new players, but I wouldn’t call casual, a game where you mindlessly throw models on the table.

think of it more like

- it is more open to mistake, they will be more often forgiven and backing up to something you might have forgotten happens

- lore is more important to most casual players, so you’ll see many people trying to go for a theme more heavily and more often then you would see most tournament players to do

-tournament winning lists aren’t liked to be used or seen on the table

-they play the units they like even if they are terrible.

-and legend units are allowed.

if I had to compare it to something.

think of the casual side of aos to be similar to what Horus heresy is currently, heavily invested into the narrative. 

ps: although there are always exceptions to all points I mentioned.

i have met unpleasant players on the casual side. That took a tournament winning list and went with it is fun to win and therefore it is a casual match.

and I have met tournament players that heavily invested into the narrative of their army, going so far to convert a lot of their models even

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Posted (edited)

For me casual means that you are more focussed on what you think is cool /fits the theme of your army instead of looking at the raw stats. In my StD army I always take a Chaos Lord on foot and make him my general. I don't have the feeling that the warscroll is the optimal choice for winning with StD. Atleast in my games he isn't really doing great things 🤣

Taking i.e Archaon in a 2000 point army feels wrong for me. For using  him I would love to play a 4000 vs 4000 point games. As I stil want to have the feel of an army. Same is imo true for TOW, I could load up on heroes and minimize my core units, but I don't do that as I want an army on the battlefield.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

Well the Ushoran scroll is more like what I wanted Olynder to be. Not in the monstrous health and raw damage output, but in terms of overall strength. I don't mind her being the "weakest Mortarch", but once again she seems to be well below the power of the others (given Ushoran's warscroll I think it is fairly safe to assume all of the Mortarchs are staying in their "bracket"). It's not the end the world of course, but annoying to me that she doesn't seem to be represented as the powerhouse she should be.

Imo she should have 2 more health, her missile attack should be her old 2nd Ed. banshee scream that hit everyone in a radius, give her back her 3rd Ed. lifting the veil (maybe with toned down healing to reflect the changes this edition, 1 health per kill rather than D3) and give her a +1 to cast. Obviously this would come with a higher points cost, if the 4th Ed. Olynder clocks in at what she currently does (270 points I think), then if she had what I suggested then she would be in the 350-400 bracket and would actually feel like a Mortarch should.

Anyway, that is my rant for the day over 🤣 I just really think Olynder is not where she should be rules-wise. I mean obviously we haven't seen all of the 4th Ed rules including warscrolls, but that is my take from what we have seen so far.

• Like 2

I don't think slinging disparaging comments around at people playing different styles of game are a particularly constructive idea. If nothing else, they're born of personal limited perspectives - absolutely no-one here has the actual, genuine overall picture of how GW design staff make their decisions or what information they factor in to those decisions - and a lot of players don't even fall into one category in a meaningful way anyway.

There are players who'd get the 'competitive' label who spend more time on the narrative, painting, and conversion of their armies than most 'casual' players do. There are 'casual' players with a great eye for list-building and strategy who are essentially playing competitively in style because that's how they like to game, even though they'll never take part in an actual tournament.

Pointing fingers and going 'Everything I don't like about AoS is you guys' fault' is never going to be accurate, never going to be a meaningful statement, and it's never going to create anything but negative feeling.

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Where are the mods to bring this convo back on track, isnt balance of the game and conversations like this totally out of the scope of this thread?

We should really only be discussing potential rumors, reveals and leaks?

Edited by Cdance93
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

- it is more open to mistake, they will be more often forgiven and backing up to something you might have forgotten happens

i think comp players do that more often than you think. at least we do. we don't want to suffer our practice games from stupid decisions as it would ****** with the result and thus your impression on how you can win vs a certain list/army

7 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Where are the mods to bring this convo back on track, isnt balance of the game and conversations like this totally out of the scope of this thread?

We should really only be discussing potential rumors, reveals and leaks?

Well, there is no rumour, our leakers have been missing from months and a good conversation about rules is better than pure cope wishlisting again and again or flooding with dongs and such.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

image.jpeg.504efad029e3eee06f70e38dc41f8490.jpeg

Why Golden Man make fun of Ring-Ring?

Wow. The MOMENT I saw Ling Ling a flood of memories came back. Laughed and felt bad for doing so 😅

On the rumour side of things, are we expecting a two-week preorder on the starter box? Also, am I crazy or was there a picture floating around of a unreleased warplock engineer-type dude on foot with some kind of three-pronged gun?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And we are assuming newcomers want to play. Some will stay just for the lore, painting, etc...

Also, aren't Legends minis there in the apps? Or just those from the current edition? Because I know that Cursed City heroes and some other retired CoS minis are there. Even the Excelsior Warpriest.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

And we are assuming newcomers want to play. Some will stay just for the lore, painting, etc...

Absolutely. I have a few friends that play maybe two games a year but paint every night and read the books on their commute. Even when my gaming time disappears for a while, I fall into that category as well.

1 hour ago, Xil said:

brainlets

I never played a game, but just reading comments here I think I would be able to put trash minis in between the enemy ones and my good minis.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, aren't Legends minis there in the apps? Or just those from the current edition? Because I know that Cursed City heroes and some other retired CoS minis are there. Even the Excelsior Warpriest.

The scrolls are in the app, but not in the Storm forge part. So you can't add them to your armylist when using the app.

Edited by Tonhel

12 minutes ago, Jorum said:

Wow. The MOMENT I saw Ling Ling a flood of memories came back. Laughed and felt bad for doing so 😅

On the rumour side of things, are we expecting a two-week preorder on the starter box? Also, am I crazy or was there a picture floating around of a unreleased warplock engineer-type dude on foot with some kind of three-pronged gun?

Yeah, better times…. People could laugh about jokes instead of being offended (or someone gets offended on their behalf). Not really the place for such discussions as it’ll just disrupt the thread but I‘m convinced that joking about differences is much healthier than what society has going on now - I really miss Drawn Together, they made fun of everyone! 👌 Glad I could bring back some memories of the show, definitely deserved more seasons. 

Hmmm, perhaps I should use one of the old metal horrors with those long noses and create a horror in honor of Wooldoor! 🤔

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I never played a game, but just reading comments here I think I would be able to put trash minis in between the enemy ones and my good minis.

Play Tzeentch, that‘s exactly how we roll! And then we got a few highly mobile units and lots of bullpoopoo to annoy the other player! 👍