The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I admit, I get wrapped up in all the chatter in this thread too ofc - but then this should be renamed as a general chat and there be a proper rumor thread

The problem is where do you put the limit? 90% of the time the discussions come from news, which can often lead to rumour and speculation. On those speculation times we can get a rumour-monger reaction/ response. IMO it is part of the rumours wheel, and the wheel has to keep moving (as Zenestra likes).

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem is where do you put the limit? 90% of the time the discussions come from news, which can often lead to rumour and speculation. On those speculation times we can get a rumour-monger reaction/ response. IMO it is part of the rumours wheel, and the wheel has to keep moving (as Zenestra likes).

A valid point. And I can defintiely live with that - but then the Mods step in and move the conversation somewhere else. 

Maybe that is the natural progression of the rumor thread. An all topics breeding ground that branch into other threads as appropriate 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Snarff said:

¡Finalmente es hora de comenzar un ejército de Ironjawz!

Let's hope that when the Ironjawz battletome comes out it comes with a Battelforce like they are doing in 40k

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mcm6495 said:

Let's hope that when the Ironjawz battletome comes out it comes with a Battelforce like they are doing in 40k

I'm still not convinced the actual battletome will be separate. Having the indexes separate makes sense. Were they really going to have half a page of battletraits and a shared pool of spell lores and artefacts? That would be even worse if the tried to include big waagh as well. It makes just as much sense for them to recombine the factions when the battletome comes out. It already looks like we're going to have something similar in 40k as Deathwatch and Agents of the Imperium may well be combined despite having separate indexes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm still not convinced the actual battletome will be separate. Having the indexes separate makes sense. Were they really going to have half a page of battletraits and a shared pool of spell lores and artefacts? That would be even worse if the tried to include big waagh as well. It makes just as much sense for them to recombine the factions when the battletome comes out. It already looks like we're going to have something similar in 40k as Deathwatch and Agents of the Imperium may well be combined despite having separate indexes. 

This actually makes sense, thanks. 

Posted (edited)

To get the thread back to actual rumors (kind of) and stoke the fires of speculation, I went digging a bit in the WarCom archive to look at how post-launch releases have been handled for the past few editions.

WH40K 9th Edition (2020): 

Revealed online, at "The BIG Warhammer 40,000 Event" on May 23. Assault Intercessor shown and Silent King teased. Cinematic trailer shown.

"Indomitus" fully revealed at another dedicated preview, on June 13. Immediate follow-up releases were shown off on the same day.

Another small handful of models were shown on July 4

"Indomitus" released on June 25. More models shown off, including the Palatine for Sisters of Battle. 

Final(?) elements of the "second" wave of Space Marines and Necrons shown off at "The Codex Show" online event on September 12. Death Guard model shown off as well. 

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with some arriving as late as a few months into 2021.

AOS 3rd Edition (2021):

Announced on the final(?) day of Warhammer Fest Online, on May 8. Vindictors shown off. Vague teaser for Fimir Kruleboyz.

"Dominion" fully revealed at another dedicated preview, on May 29. Immediate follow-up releases like Stormstrike Chariot shown off on the same day. Cinematic trailer shown.

"Dominion" released on July 3. A meaty but incomplete preview of the "second" wave of stuff was shown off on the same day.

In the weeks that follow, more Stormcast and Kruleboyz stuff was shown off every Monday.

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with dragons being a notable exception - arriving late enough to receive a nerf before release.

WH40K 10th Edition (2023): 

Teased 10 days(?) before Adepticon.

Announced at Adepticon on May 23. Termagant and Terminator shown off. Cinematic trailer shown.

Parts of "Leviathan" shown off for six Mondays, leading up to the full reveal.

"Leviathan" fully revealed at Warhammer Fest on April 29. A roadmap to future releases was also shown off.

"Battle For Oghram" event revealed on June 5 (I think). Preview of follow-up wave explicitly stated as prize.

"Leviathan" released on June 24th.

Winning "Battle For Oghram" Tyranids received follow-up preview on July 15. Space Marine follow-up revels shown off at NOVA on August 31.

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with Tyranids notably receiving their codex first.

AOS 4th Edition (2024):

Teased on March 10.

Announced on March 21. NO MODELS SHOWN OFF. Cinematic trailer shown.

Parts of "Skaventide" shown off for six Mondays, leading up to the full reveal.

"Skaventide" fully revealed at dedicated online event, on May 17

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

No idea why I just did all of that. Maybe someone can sus out a secret pattern? Getting some additional previews on whatever day Skaventide releases seems like a pretty good bet, but nothing's certain. 

Battle For Oghram was teased for a while, but the details of the campaign was only revealed a few weeks before Leviathan released. So it's still very possible that something like that will be part of Skaventide as well. 

In any case, I personally hope for just a handful of follow-up releases in close proximity to Skaventide. I think it helped flesh out Indomitus and Dominion, whereas Leviathan felt a bit lonely. There's little incentive to go pick up the new starters just after picking up the launch box, especially with models being push-fit/monobuild. If the Skaventide stuff features just a tad more variability in that regard, then that will at least help tide me over...

Edited by Magnusaur
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Big waaagh has probably gone since new wierdnob shaman warscroll has no longer “ orruk warclans and orruk “ keywords.

If Ironjawz and kruleboyz will have separate faction focus , as most think , then they will have separate index and battletome .

What will be announced today for next preorder : Warcry , ToW or HH/Imperialis ? 

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

That's true and very valid. Maybe indexes are separate but the BT keep them together. Also, it would feel weird like if GW didn't know what to do with them. Now split, now together, now split, now together...

6 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

To get the thread back to actual rumors (kind of) and stoke the fires of speculation, I went digging a bit in the WarCom archive to look at how post-launch releases have been handled for the past few editions.

Revealed online, at "The BIG Warhammer 40,000 Event" on May 23. Assault Intercessor shown and Silent King teased. Cinematic trailer shown.

"Indomitus" fully revealed at another dedicated preview, on June 13. Immediate follow-up releases were shown off on the same day.

"Indomitus" released on June 25. More models shown off, including the Palatine for Sisters of Battle. 

Final(?) elements of the "second" wave of Space Marines and Necrons shown off at "The Codex Show" online event on September 12. Death Guard model shown off as well. 

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with some arriving as late as a few months into 2021.

AOS 3rd Edition (2021):

Announced on the final(?) day of Warhammer Fest Online, on May 8. Vindictors shown off. Vague teaser for Fimir Kruleboyz.

"Dominion" fully revealed at another dedicated preview, on May 29. Immediate follow-up releases like Stormstrike Chariot shown off on the same day. Cinematic trailer shown.

"Dominion" released on July 3. A meaty but incomplete preview of the "second" wave of stuff was shown off on the same day.

In the weeks that follow, more Stormcast and Kruleboyz stuff was shown off every Monday.

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with dragons being a notable exception - arriving late enough to receive a nerf before release.

Announced at Adepticon on May 23. Termagant and Terminator shown off. Cinematic trailer shown.

"Leviathan" fully revealed at Warhammer Fest on April 29. A roadmap to future releases was also shown off.

"Battle For Oghram" event revealed on June 5 (I think). Preview of follow-up wave explicitly stated as prize.

Winning "Battle For Oghram" Tyranids received follow-up preview on July 15. Space Marine follow-up revels shown off at NOVA on August 31.

Most follow-up stuff was released around September/October, with Tyranids notably receiving their codex first.

AOS 4th Edition (2024):

Teased on March 10.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

No idea why I just did all of that. Maybe someone can sus out a secret pattern? Getting some additional previews on whatever day Skaventide releases seems like a pretty good bet, but nothing's certain. 

Battle For Oghram was teased for a while, but the details of the campaign was only revealed a few weeks before Leviathan released. So it's still very possible that something like that will be part of Skaventide as well. 

In any case, I personally hope for just a handful of follow-up releases in close proximity to Skaventide. I think it helped flesh out Indomitus and Dominion, whereas Leviathan felt a bit lonely. There's little incentive to go pick up the new starters just after picking up the launch box, especially with models being push-fit/monobuild. If the Skaventide stuff features just a tad more variability in that regard, then that will at least help tide me over...

The pattern of the follow-up wave for me is clear, Sept/Oct. So at least we found that clear. Also, did you notice when the roadmaps were shown?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Big waaagh has probably gone since new wierdnob shaman warscroll has no longer “ orruk warclans and orruk “ keywords.

If Ironjawz and kruleboyz will have separate faction focus , as most think , then they will have separate index and battletome .

What will be announced today for next preorder : Warcry , ToW or HH/Imperialis ? 

Considering the warehouse closing and how quiet was the previous announcement, I would go for just Warcry and maybe some BL stuff.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, it would feel weird like if GW didn't know what to do with them. Now split, now together, now split, now together...

That has been all greenskins since O&G. I wonder what the masterplan is, if any.

Edited by Gitzdee

Posted (edited)

I think Big Waaagh is a problem and the reason IJ & Krulesboys need to split. Both parts ultimately have to compete in ways they should not, if Big Waaagh is around. Gutrippas need to stand on their own, for example, not fight with Ardboys for their spot. The list goes on.

Both IJ & Kruleboys are kinda owed their own battle tomes. So they both can succeed as factions. Kruleboys especially have suffered under the choke of Big Waaagh (and their own rules) enough

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

That has been all greenskins since O&G. I wonder what the masterplan is, if any.

I doubt there is one. I think we project the image of an all-powerful Tzeentchian GW with grand plans extending far into the future.... when in reality GW is more like a crazed Skaven warlord, desperately trying to hoard the most warpstone and changing its plan constantly. 

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

The visual language of IJ and KB are so different that they really shouldn't be the same army.

They are no more different than the mortal and demon side of most chaos armies. 

They are also no more different than the old orcs and goblins are. They certainly aren't more different than grots and troggoths.

If I was in GW's position I would give them separate indexes but indicate that they will still be one battletome in the articles. Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are a clear representation of Gork and Mork. There's a good argument to be made that they belong together. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They are also no more different than the old orcs and goblins are. They certainly aren't more different than grots and troggoths.

If I was in GW's position I would give them separate indexes but indicate that they will still be one battletome in the articles. Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are a clear representation of Gork and Mork. There's a good argument to be made that they belong together. 

But, for the same reason, why are FS and KO different factions? Why are LRL, DoK and IDK different factions?

I think daemons and mortals being the same faction has more sense, lorewise, than IJ and KB being together because they are "greenskins".

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Considering the warehouse closing and how quiet was the previous announcement, I would go for just Warcry and maybe some BL stuff.

Even ToW Dwarfs are a good candidate: let’s see this evening 🤞

9 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

AOS 3rd Edition (2021):

AOS 4th Edition (2024):

Teased on March 10.

If they want to release it at the 22nd they almost have to show it tonight or next Sunday

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

daemons belong with mortals because their worship directly empowers and manifests the daemons; they aren't different, just two sides of the same coin.  they share the same ideals, visual language, general playstyle, and most other things with each other.  one being made of human worshippers and the other being magical nonsense is integral to their dynamic, not something that seperates them; cultists summoning demons (or being turned into one!) has been a staple in Warhammer as long as it's existed.

kruleboyz and ironjawz have nothing connecting them but being orcs.  they dramatically differ in where they typically live, their strategy, physical + mental makeup, how they engage with other factions and races, their wants, their visual language, and they both worship the same god so differently it's almost impossible to tell it's the same one (almost like he's two put into one or something!).  i won't go so far as to say that they shouldn't be able to ally with eachother but they're direct opposites in aesthetic and it makes zero sense for them to be together in this way.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2