The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, bethebee said:

daemons belong with mortals because their worship directly empowers and manifests the daemons; they aren't different, just two sides of the same coin.  they share the same ideals, visual language, general playstyle, and most other things with each other.  one being made of human worshippers and the other being magical nonsense is integral to their dynamic, not something that seperates them; cultists summoning demons (or being turned into one!) has been a staple in Warhammer as long as it's existed.

kruleboyz and ironjawz have nothing connecting them but being orcs.  they dramatically differ in where they typically live, their strategy, physical + mental makeup, how they engage with other factions and races, their wants, their visual language, and they both worship the same god so differently it's almost impossible to tell it's the same one (almost like he's two put into one or something!).  i won't go so far as to say that they shouldn't be able to ally with eachother but they're direct opposites in aesthetic and it makes zero sense for them to be together in this way.

There some to be some passionate people on the other side of the argument. In a perfect world there would be dozens of factions with fully built out Troggoth, Spiderfang, dispossessed and Kurnothi factions. 

What I was trying to do was predict what GW might do. Even the biggest miniatures company has limited resources. Dividing the ironjawz and Kruleboyz for the indexes makes sense as it's easier to write battle traits for them. Putting them back together in the battletome also makes sense. The book will sell more as two sets of players will buy it,  it frees them up to add a new battletome (Chaos Duardin) and they have history of having an eclectic mix of factions under the Orruk or Orc banner. The two faction could be easily described as encapsulating the two sides of the coin that is Gorkamorka. It won't particularly bother me if GW make two battletomes but I don't want to see people getting too excited about a prospect that has at best a 50% chance of happening. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Even ToW Dwarfs are a good candidate: let’s see this evening 🤞

I discarded them based on their size. Dawis would be way bigger than Warcry. That's why I bet for just Warcry.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

They are no more different than the mortal and demon side of most chaos armies. 

They are also no more different than the old orcs and goblins are. They certainly aren't more different than grots and troggoths.

If I was in GW's position I would give them separate indexes but indicate that they will still be one battletome in the articles. Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are a clear representation of Gork and Mork. There's a good argument to be made that they belong together. 

I somewhat disagree. Old O&Gs had different but complimentary silhouettes, same goes for GSG. The grots, squigs & troggoths are held together by common themes. That was the case before when in WHFB the O&Gs shared similar themes.

It's not the case for Its & Kruleboys. Just as it's not the case for Fireslayers & KOs. They share no silhouettes and no themes.

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I discarded them based on their size. Dawis would be way bigger than Warcry. That's why I bet for just Warcry.

Yeah, I would love to see Dwarfs up on pre-order, but it is indeed a lot bigger than a Warcry release. So hopefully tonight is atleast the Warcry pre-order announcement.

• Sad 1

How were night goblins complementary with savage orcs in fantasy?  ironjawz and kruleboyz are the both sides of the same coin. We even saw them together in hammer and bolter episode. We should do a different threat anyways 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I somewhat disagree. Old O&Gs had different but complimentary silhouettes, same goes for GSG. The grots, squigs & troggoths are held together by common themes. That was the case before when in WHFB the O&Gs shared similar themes.

It's not the case for Its & Kruleboys. Just as it's not the case for Fireslayers & KOs. They share no silhouettes and no themes.

Anecdote time. 

I actually tested this with a handful of friends who are familiar with fantasy tropes, races, etc but aren't warhammer players. 

I put a gutrippa and a brute next to each other and they all could instantly read they were orc (orruks) but were shocked to find that they were the same army and one didn't even believe me that it was the same game system. 

I can understand why they would keep them together and as long as each ARMY gets adequate representation, balance, and respect as their own thing I wouldn't mind. 

However I do hope they each recieve their own as I'm just not confident enough with Geedubs to see them do that. 

I do hope that the bog boyz get a significant upgrade this time around.

Idk if it was due to world events or the fact that they're just orruks but I do feel that their 3rd edition release with lore, rules, etc was very lackluster. 

Regardless it's my opinion that they're the coolest thing to come out of AoS and the ashes of the world that was and really do hope to see them get some attention outside of "They finally emerged from the swamps and followed a pony around".

🤘💚

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

...They certainly aren't more different than grots and troggoths...

I feel like Rockgut/Dankhold Troggoths fit well with the "cave goblin" aesthetic of GSG.

On the other hand, I think that Fellwater Troggoths should move to Kruleboyz, if we were "resetting" the ranges.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, LordSolarMach said:

I feel like Rockgut/Dankhold Troggoths fit well with the "cave goblin" aesthetic of GSG.

On the other hand, I think that Fellwater Troggoths should move to Kruleboyz, if we were "resetting" the ranges.

Again as per my last post I did the same experiment with a dankhold trogg and a mirebrute and again the subjects were shocked to find out this was the same representation of a race (troll) in the same IP. 

I love trolls. But I was very disappointed with the dankhold design in general. Just my take but it's just too silly for me, even by warhammer standards. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Augusto said:

How were night goblins complementary with savage orcs in fantasy?  ironjawz and kruleboyz are the both sides of the same coin. We even saw them together in hammer and bolter episode. We should do a different threat anyways 

Imho, they don't mix as night goblins and savage orcs. But they are completely fine following the basic O&G scale of Small-Medium-Big-Giant (aka, Goblin-Orcs-Trolls-Giants). Of course, a thematic design (night and savage themes) are not going to compliment really well. But that's just the exception and not the rule.

Ard'boyz and Guttrippaz are in the same "medium" slot, they don't even have the basic-elite duality nor any variarion of it (cavalry, heavy cavalry, etc...).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Again as per my last post I did the same experiment with a dankhold trogg and a mirebrute and again the subjects were shocked to find out this was the same representation of a race (troll) in the same IP. 

I love trolls. But I was very disappointed with the dankhold design in general. Just my take but it's just too silly for me, even by warhammer standards. 

Lol. I like the term "subject" I imagine you with a mad scientist look in a Frankestinian lab doing your tests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Augusto said:

Back in the day they at least often times shared the same symbols or had symbols styled in the same way. The Moon that is now "da bad moon" shared a look with the iconic "evil sun" that was on many, many or models of the same time period. So there was some effort there to create a common look.

That common look is now mostly gone.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just 40k stuff on pre-order next week. Plus White Dwarf.

H7o1mTlK4nnMyw6J.jpg

The next 500 issues of the world’s best Warhammer magazine begin with a bang as the Chaos Space Marines invade the pages while the Necrons and Adeptus Mechanicus are tied up dealing with the third part in the Temporal Anomalies series. Elsewhere, an in-depth treatise tackles the ramifications of the Vermindoom on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar cosmology, and new missions from the White Dwarf Bunker pit Warhammer 40,000 commanders against each other in the midst of an apocalyptic cyclonic warhead attack.****

Meanwhile, Loremasters returns to the Mortal Realms to examine the realms of Heaven and Death, as well as the ominous Eightpoints that festers at the heart. Here at Warhammer Community, we continue our series of daily Faction Focus articles for Warhammer Age of Sigmar alongside exclusive peeks inside the upcoming Codexes for the Adepta Sororitas and Genestealer Cults. Did we mention there’s a new miniature to reveal tomorrow?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

New miniature? What are we taking bets on? Blood Bowl or Necromunda? 

Almost a 100% Necromunda, since they have to reveal what's coming with the new expansion somewhere. Personally hoping for more weird Genestealer stuff.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Keep in mind when they merge Harliquins with Eldar, the added Votann, World eaters, and  Black Templars to their codex range. So it not been a one to one replacement in numbers really.

so BoC being removed in favor of a KBZ and Chaos Dwarf seperate tome is not unrealistic 

especially sense AoS is no where near as big as 40K range 

Just want to say that Kruleboyz are just reimagined regular whfb orcs. From the shields to the grots to the artillery pieces with some AoS goodness added. Dont see why they shouldnt mix with ardboyz now compared to whfb times. Same difference, different day.

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

Just want to say that Kruleboyz are just reimagined regular whfb orcs. From the shields to the grots to the artillery pieces with some AoS goodness added. Dont see why they shouldnt mix with ardboyz now compared to whfb times. Same difference, different day.

You said it. Reimagined. That's where they broke the joint that kept them together.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You said it. Reimagined. That's where they broke the joint that kept them together.

I dont think a different look has to mean they need their own tome though. Rather save that space for something new like Drogrukh or Frazzlegitz (cause gitz tome is getting a little to many subfactions).

Edited by Gitzdee

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They sort of different species of Orc though. Regular Orc do exist in AoS just they got relegated to background lore.

but it seem they always been their own seperate armies and it looks they will keep being their own thing in 4th looking at the Weirdnob scroll.