The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

No Gotrek... maybe he is finally moved into Legends?

Gotrek's never been treated as a Fyreslayer model (by himself least of all), so I'd be surprised if he was mentioned on their Faction Focus.

I suspect we won't know until the Indexes drop.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Rumor engine of the scripture 

image.png.9993c5ee78ca3f86cecda7298039a5d5.png

Not sure its the same? The text on the Sororitas scrolls seems of a different quality/style

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'm not sure it really fits... You'd need a 360° view to be sure.

The shape and the fact there are two. I think it is from the side we are not seeing on the left Cherubin.

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Gotrek's never been treated as a Fyreslayer model (by himself least of all), so I'd be surprised if he was mentioned on their Faction Focus.

I suspect we won't know until the Indexes drop.

If we would be previewed, it was the time. Yep. We will have to wait.

The rumour engine definitely isn’t the same model. The writing on the rumour engine is more scribbly while the cherubs scroll looks like it’s trying to look printed. There’s also little indentations on the side of the rumour engine scroll that aren’t on the cherub’s one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Thinking about it, what does Warmaster actually do in 4th? Sure, it gives you a second general, but what does that matter for? List building?

I don't think it's been stated anywhere, as yet?

Posted (edited)

Could Warmaster be similar to the Supreme Commander rule in 40k? If you take a Supreme Commander in your army it (or one of them) have to be your Warlord?

The trade-off would be that they can take whatever units they want in their battalion, as they already announced

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Thinking about it, what does Warmaster actually do in 4th? Sure, it gives you a second general, but what does that matter for? List building?

Unlocks any unit in the army as part of his/her detachement.

And I think (not 100% sure) that must be your general.

Warmaster runefather means that you can 100% customize your own detachement and hero (trait and artifact).

42 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Is this the first time we've seen Warmaster on a generic mode? 

Wb4BIPcvS81DtXTO.jpg

That Volcanic Blood nerf hurts so much...really this is kind of just a weaker warscroll overall than the old one, surprising to see. Undecided on how I feel about the Fyreslayer changes. Armywide 6+ ward is good, but they nerfed wounds and armor saves and other defensive abilities pretty much across the army too. Even the Runes are weaker, the need to run 1 or even 2 Auric Runemasters to compensate feels severe.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Fyrequeen on magmadroth ? 

image.png

The current Runefather On Magmadroth model is aging pretty gracefully, so I don't see it being replaced anytime soon. I bet they just put that in there to vindicate people who want to convert the rider to represent one.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, madmac said:

That Volcanic Blood nerf hurts so much...really this is kind of just a weaker warscroll overall than the old one, surprising to see. Undecided on how I feel about the Fyreslayer changes. Armywide 6+ ward is good, but they nerfed wounds and armor saves and other defensive abilities pretty much across the army too. Even the Runes are weaker, the need to run 1 or even 2 Auric Runemasters to compensate feels severe.

My impression so far, as well. Big decrease on defence, no visible increase in offence.

If the buffs come from heroes, prayers, etc, we'll be condemned again to play the 'wholly withing 12"' army. I'm a bit apprehensive there.