The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)

Every time one of the faction focus articles drop there is a lot of "Seems weaker, it was nerfed"

The sky isn't  falling. Are we starting to see the overall theme yet? 😉

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The current Runefather On Magmadroth model is aging pretty gracefully, so I don't see it being replaced anytime soon. I bet they just put that in there to vindicate people who want to convert the rider to represent one.

They set up something for Fyreslayers in Dawnbringers, with that Bael Grimnir story. I think the mention of Fyrequeens might be foreshadowing for new units they are planning to introduce later. I would not be surprised if we finally saw a 2nd wave for Fyreslayers this edition, at least.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

first mention of a Fyrequeen in lore? really hope they expand on this theme (and keep Valaya for disposeded or chaos dwarf).

They've been mentioned before in various places, including Soulbound, Grombrindal's stories and the second edition BT. I believe they went by Magmaqueens for a while, but more recently they've settled on Fyrequeen (which I think is the less original title personally). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I believe they went by Magmaqueens for a while, but more recently they've settled on Fyrequeen (which I think is the less original title personally). 

Might be because Mag McQueen sounds like a character from Coronation Street. 

• Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

first mention of a Fyrequeen in lore? really hope they expand on this theme (and keep Valaya for disposeded or chaos dwarf).

It will be expanded for sure. We had female minis, this mention... next BT (and presumably the next wave) will be full of queens.

31 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Every time one of the faction focus articles drop there is a lot of "Seems weaker, it was nerfed"

The sky isn't  falling. Are we starting to see the overall theme yet? 😉

Seems stronger. FS were trash compared to this in the 3rd edition.

Aside from Stormcast, I think this is the first army we've seen with elite attack profiles featured prominently. How the FS units are pointed is going to have a significant imact on how good they are. With such low saves, they should theoretically cost less than Stormcast, meaning you'll be fielding a lot more. 

It looks like they have the tech to become fairly tanky as well, but we won't know for sure one way or the other until the index comes out.

29 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The model on the hearthguard berserker scroll is hilarious. Maybe it's just the angle but he looks like a wobbly little baby man in a diaper.

This is the problem with FS. First you see this and it's really good:

AoS FyreslayersFF Jun3 Masthead

And then...

image.png.031a66a8d65f5470fd3956a00d0d83b1.png

Excessive consumption of ale, perhaps?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Question for anyone who has had a chance to watch the new how-to-play video - anything in there we haven't already seen in the reveal articles?

No different to what we've already seen so far. 

It's basically just a marketing video. 

8 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Question for anyone who has had a chance to watch the new how-to-play video - anything in there we haven't already seen in the reveal articles?

I don't think so.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Flippy said:

And then...

Is the pic. The first one is taken from the front, so the beard is hiding the belly. That guy really knows how to take profile pics.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 2

I find it interesting how Fyreslayers get 5 Once Per Game awesome abilities that are truly potent and work automatically.

And some eating-based armies get a single Once Per Game ability that does almost nothing and does literally nothing 33% of the time. Hmmm...HMMM...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

And then...

the warcry warband was really good, I'm sorry to the naked duardin enjoyers but they look better with a little bit more on. The fyreslayer berserkers and hearthguard kits have aged really poorly imo, the paintjob isn't doing massive favours either, if they were less pasty then the orange would stand out better imo.

• Like 10