The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Yes but any battletome plus one or two midels other than stormies or rats is still something. 

I just couldn't  imagine absolutely zero is what I was saying. 

Not zero, but definitely not a middle-size or big refresh as we speculate for FS.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

One or two battletomes are almost sure before end of the year. Maybe Slaves and Seraphon are the two first books.

Yeah but the early battletomes are almost certain to be cursed by weak rules and or lack of models. 40k got admech and Necrons at the end of last year. 3rd edition had delays so it doesn't really count and at the end of second edition's first year we got beasts of chaos which only got terrain and endless spells.

Just now, Chikout said:

Yeah but the early battletomes are almost certain to be cursed by weak rules and or lack of models. 40k got admech and Necrons at the end of last year. 3rd edition had delays so it doesn't really count and at the end of second edition's first year we got beasts of chaos which only got terrain and endless spells.

Someone must be the first and second books. I think that Slaves and Seraphon are two great candidates:
- Big releases during past edition
- Almost all there content is new
- Both are in the cursed list

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

That's crazy if true.

HALF a year left and nothing else?!...

Well yes, that's how new edition launches go. June/July for the box and rulebook, Autumn for the box set factions. _Maybe_ a couple small faction releases early in December. Army releases only speed up from January onwards.

It's funny how it's been a pattern for a decade in both mainline games and yet it still sneaks up on people 😛

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Someone must be the first and second books. I think that Slaves and Seraphon are two great candidates:

They are two of the most popular armies so I reckon at least one of them will be early in the 4.0 cycle. 

Realistically I think the first one will just be a battletome plus hero model, so maybe nighthaunt, FEC or Slaanesh. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'd add Cities of Sigmar, Gloomspite, Flesh Eater Courts, Slaanesh and Nighthaunt to possible early single hero tomes as well.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That makes sense . GW financial year is June to June . So this year profit will be from 4 edition boxes and spearhead . Then it means they will keep the big refresh and release for the 2 next financial years . Which means next big release will be around June next week . Armies that received second waves recently will be probably launched first 

1 minute ago, Mortal Wound said:

Well yes, that's how new edition launches go. June/July for the box and rulebook, Autumn for the box set factions. _Maybe_ a couple small faction releases early in December. Army releases only speed up from January onwards.

It's funny how it's been a pattern for a decade in both mainline games and yet it still sneaks up on people 😛

I think people forget how late the battletomes come out. We get the new edition at the start of July then the starter boxes in August. The battletomes will arrive in late September or early October and the mini releases are usually spread out over several weeks. I'd expect to see a decent sized release in January or February. Second edition got Gloomspite and 40k got Dark Angels this year. 

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'd add Cities of Sigmar, Gloomspite, Flesh Eater Courts, Slaanesh and Nighthaunt to possible early single hero tomes as well.

Honestly, as much as I would like some new units for Kruleboyz, I think you can add them to the list as well.
I'm expecting only a foot hero for Kruleboyz along with the tome. Maybe some new units at the end of the edition.

2 minutes ago, Sabush said:

Honestly, as much as I would like some new units for Kruleboyz, I think you can add them to the list as well.
I'm expecting only a foot hero for Kruleboyz along with the tome. Maybe some new units at the end of the edition.

Or terrain and endless spells, if they will be something important in 4th.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Or terrain and endless spells, if they will be something important in 4th.

True. I think I will just play without endless spells until KB gets their own hehe.

4 minutes ago, Sabush said:

True. I think I will just play without endless spells until KB gets their own hehe.

I will never put my coins on terrain faction or endless spells. They comes sometimes since second edition. Saying they are coming is like betting, you can be right or not, but the actual pattern is that only a few of them are produced per edition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sabush said:

I'd much rather have units over endless spells or terrain. Meh so hard. 

They'd really have to drop something special for me to care. Most of those models are very lackluster imo. But with emphasis on them now I fear you might be right...

Ideas on what those could even be for the bog boyz?

• Like 2

Just now, Vasshpit said:

They'd really have to drop something special for me to care. Most of those models are very lackluster imo. But with emphasis on them now I fear you might be right...

Did you play Realms of Ruin? Their tentacles from the swap thingy could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I don't think there's going to be Idoneth negativity. The only negative aspect of IDK IMO is that there's not enough of them! There's a ton of marine life that they can make into models. Crabs, squids, jellyfish, etc.

My only complaint is how similar the Eel Riders are and that getting a smooth gradient on my Eidolon’s wave cape is taking way more time than I expected. 

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Faction Terrain being shootable and Endless being that easy to remove from table made them both less powerful than before the impact of both to the game must be decrease significantly

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Did you play Realms of Ruin? Their tentacles from the swap thingy could be interesting.

Sadly I have not as my pc won't run it and I don't own any consoles.  Someday. 

I have watched the whole campaign cinematic though. Are you referring to that big black gooey thing?

Traps might be interesting. Like six smallish tokens that you'd lay down and write down three or four that can activate with enemies or something. 

I know some ES are more like summoned creatures so maybe some nasty swamp critters could work as well. Idk... I'd really just prefer more units to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Sadly I have not as my pc won't run it and I don't own any consoles.  Someday. 

I have watched the whole campaign cinematic though. Are you referring to that big black gooey thing?

Traps might be interesting. Like six smallish tokens that you'd lay down and write down three or four that can activate with enemies or something. 

I know some ES are more like summoned creatures so maybe some nasty swamp critters could work as well. Idk... I'd really just prefer more units to be honest. 

Yep. I cannot remember its name. The black thingy.