The Rumour Thread

So, snap judgment- I actually really like it! We keep Tides of Death, which seems to have picked up a new buff in the form of Run and Shoot AND/Or Charge, implying you can do all 3, and the rest seems to simply be rebalancing what was already good and what was bad (-1 Attack on Harpoons but go from D3 damage to a flat 3 and +1 attacks on the Net which now subtracts an entire dice for cavalry and monsters instead of preventing pile-ins and +1 Rend). 

The loss of Rituals also doesn’t really matter because they still exist but are on a 3+ from a Tidecaster which makes sense. Can’t say I’m a fan of the Ishlaen Guard losing their Ethereal but a 5+ Ward is quite nice. Wish their -1 Attacks thing wasn’t on a 3+ though since they’re supposed to be the defensive option. But when my only complaints are “I wish this strong ability was more consistent”, you’ve done a pretty good job. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

So, snap judgment- I actually really like it! We keep Tides of Death, which seems to have picked up a new buff in the form of Run and Shoot AND/Or Charge, implying you can do all 3, and the rest seems to simply be rebalancing what was already good and what was bad (-1 Attack on Harpoons but go from D3 damage to a flat 3 and +1 attacks on the Net which now subtracts an entire dice for cavalry and monsters instead of preventing pile-ins and +1 Rend). 

The loss of Rituals also doesn’t really matter because they still exist but are on a 3+ from a Tidecaster which makes sense. Can’t say I’m a fan of the Ishlaen Guard losing their Ethereal but a 5+ Ward is quite nice. Wish their -1 Attacks thing wasn’t on a 3+ though since they’re supposed to be the defensive option. But when my only complaints are “I wish this strong ability was more consistent”, you’ve done a pretty good job. 

Yeah, 100% agree. Well done GW

• Confused 1

I'm not talking about rules, numbers or profiles there.

Now with that in mind, that is the worst ff for me. I can’t see a clear way for the army, a concise playstyle, what idea is behind them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Now with that in mind, that is the worst ff for me. I can’t see a clear way for the army, a concise playstyle, what idea is behind them.

Can you elaborate a bit more this argument?

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I see the playstyle (ABC/Mobility control), but hilariously they didn’t show off any of the stuff that actually benefits from charging besides the Ishlaen Guard. 

Losing Forgotten Nightmares as an army trait is a huge change to IDK, it's something they've had since their inception and gameplay defining. They can kind of get it back on a limited basis from the Tidecaster but it's not the same. Also another two signature spells gone just from this preview, I miss wizards having warscroll spells...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Can you elaborate a bit more this argument?

I don’t see the benefits to dr or teleport bodies that move from 10-14” with fly that can run and charge. 
People call all types of teleport “mobility”, and that's true with 4” dwarves or 5” stormcast, but not with idoneth.

You have a bunch of different abilities doing tons of stuff, but all of then with a 3+ roll. I prefer to see clear synergies than random effects in the warscrolls.

If you want to go to the hit and run route, do a hit and run route. Retiring if you have killed something in combat, improved redeploys, out of phase movement shenanigans, -1 hit… But not just a “hey, play jumping all the time”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Show me the Rules for my Akhelian KING :D
I like the rules. Simple, thematic, clean, good.

Indeed!

12 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Laughs in IDK

idk ignore rules.webp

It's not the first faction focus where I think, "hmm still a lot of rend". This is why imo the damage output is much higher in 4th. Units will not stay long on the battlefield.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Losing Forgotten Nightmares as an army trait is a huge change to IDK, it's something they've had since their inception and gameplay defining. They can kind of get it back on a limited basis from the Tidecaster but it's not the same. Also another two signature spells gone just from this preview, I miss wizards having warscroll spells...

Yeah, spellcasters and non hero characters suffer in this edition. Only 1 or max 2 spell lores, only 3 spells per lore, only 3 heroic traits, 3 artefacts and etc.. Hopefully the battletomes will change this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, madmac said:

That's the usual stuff of 4th. The Code disappeared for the first time since 2017, but pretty sure that we are going to see some iteration as an ability for Codewright.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I don’t see the benefits to dr or teleport bodies that move from 10-14” with fly that can run and charge. 

Yes, as a KO player I understand .We have 12"+6" movement and Run+Charge too. But imho, DS is a tool to defend a zone or to put some units on range to shoot Heroes with Guarded Heroes.

Not sure about the rest, but I hope for a really fun playstyle for IDK.  That 3+ rolls for a " basic" warscroll ability sucks.

18 hours ago, cyrus said:

They will probably get just a new chaos sorcerer 

trfPMkf.jpeg

it's a real shame that they did actually get new sorcerer lord but it was locked behind wh+, I'm sure there are a bunch out there still but future s2d players might find difficulty getting it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Rando but with all this "toned down rend" I'm hoping gutrippaz actually get some. 🤘😁

Closer and closer to my bog boyz focus. Anxious, nervous, and excited to say the least. 

Maybe after tomorrow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

it's a real shame that they did actually get new sorcerer lord but it was locked behind wh+, I'm sure there are a bunch out there still but future s2d players might find difficulty getting it

I don't even play chaos but I think this is a fantastically suitable proxy from chaos space marines. 

01-01.jpg.c6c1774cba924c6475746f67e7f98698.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Rando but with all this "toned down rend" I'm hoping gutrippaz actually get some. 🤘😁

Closer and closer to my bog boyz focus. Anxious, nervous, and excited to say the least. 

I'm doubtful tbh, I expect our weapons will be like 2/4+/3+/0/1 with crit mortals for gutrippaz.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Indeed!

It's not the first faction focus where I think, "hmm still a lot of rend". This is why imo the damage output is much higher in 4th. Units will not stay long on the battlefield.

Yeah, spellcasters and non hero characters suffer in this edition. Only 1 or max 2 spell lores, only 3 spells per lore, only 3 heroic traits, 3 artefacts and etc.. Hopefully the battletomes will change this.

Pretty sure it’s 4 spells per lore which is what the Idoneth already have, and given how awful most of their artifacts already are, having 2-3 actually good/decent ones wouldn’t change much. 

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

People call all types of teleport “mobility”, and that's true with 4” dwarves or 5” stormcast, but not with idoneth.

You have a bunch of different abilities doing tons of stuff, but all of then with a 3+ roll. I prefer to see clear synergies than random effects in the warscrolls.

If you want to go to the hit and run route, do a hit and run route. Retiring if you have killed something in combat, improved redeploys, out of phase movement shenanigans, -1 hit… But not just a “hey, play jumping all the time”

You can pull them out of combat and reposition them to try and capitalize on an exposed enemy flank or unit without taking D3 mortals and still being able to charge afterwards. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I kinda want them to be last... I'm sick like that. 🤪

I want to see the Ironjawz faction focus asap XD. Really want to know what they did with Gordrakk and the different weapon profiles of Brutes etc.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

which is what the Idoneth already have

Well, lets factor losing most warscroll spells also. Not just for IDK but for most armies. And losing multiple spell lores for the armies that had them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

You can pull them out of combat and reposition them to try and capitalize on an exposed enemy flank or unit without taking D3 mortals and still being able to charge afterwards. 

The range is pretty short, and the wizards are or slow or defensive. You can say that is possible to teleport one wizard near your units with another wizard, but the reward for that build up needs to be big.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Indeed!

the new edition does seem rend heavy, but I have yet to compare it to Saves. If everything has a 2+ or 3+ save now (or theres an easy universal way to increase your defenses by 1, like through spells, traits, commands or cover ala 40K), then the proliferation of rend 1 will basically be cancelled by the save increase. 

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing the 10th edition 40K cover rules come into play here, where all units get a +1 to their save while in cover of any type, but you cant ever get better than a 3+ save total due to cover