The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Marcvs said:

If I remember correctly, Stormcast have it on a spell with CV 7. And I agree with @Lucentia -1 charge dice is concerning as a mechanic. Coupled with end of phase redeploy it basically means neutering a melee hammer unit.

Not sure about the cannot be affected twice:

image.png?ex=665ffcca&is=665eab4a&hm=4f6532c4d27d3a08b7070189edaaa6ce4de44d1f08469dc47fbf7cdc3084ec2b&

the shark net/harpoon doesn't seem to be a CORE ability, nor a passive one, and the unit on the receiving end would not be the one using it.

It was explained in the Fyreslayers article, passive and persistent effects can only be applied once. That's the reason you can not stack It.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It was explained in the Fyreslayers article, passive and persistent effects can only be applied once. That's the reason you can not stack It.

Is it effects only once or is it an ability with a unique name that only applys once?

Because effect would mean that you can't apply for example two times a -1 to hit effect from different abilities like a hero trait and a spell

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I'd rather base my interpretation on the actual rules text over the explanations by the communication team, but I am sure it will be clearer once we get the core rules -or the immediate FAQ.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Not sure about the cannot be affected twice:

image.png?ex=665ffcca&is=665eab4a&hm=4f6532c4d27d3a08b7070189edaaa6ce4de44d1f08469dc47fbf7cdc3084ec2b&

That's interesting. What about Battle Traits, aka, abilities that are not used by units?

Can Ogor players use more than once in the same Charge Phase theirs Trampling Charge ability? There is no Once per Turn, it doesn't stack (you choose another unit each time) and it's used by the army and not one unit.

Ogors.jpg.51c64d3b19f15a3c83e1b2395c310d5c.jpg

Edited by Beliman

40 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's interesting. What about Battle Traits, aka, abilities that are not used by units?

Can Ogor players use more than once their in the same Charge Phase their Trampling Charge ability? There is no Once per Turn, it doesn't stack (you choose another unit each time) and it's used by the army and not one unit.

Any number of times. You only apply the restriction that an ability can only be used once time per unit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Can Ogor players use more than once their in the same Charge Phase their Trampling Charge ability? There is no Once per Turn, it doesn't stack (you choose another unit each time) and it's used by the army and not one unit.

download-14.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Any number of times. You only apply the restriction that an ability can only be used once time per unit.

Wow, thanks for the answer, that's a lot better than what I thought.

There are A LOT of movement abilities in 4th that will make charges a bit easier. From the top f my head, Redeploy and Power Through will be enough to charge next turn, and Counter-Charge will be good to awesome.

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

I'd rather base my interpretation on the actual rules text over the explanations by the communication team, but I am sure it will be clearer once we get the core rules -or the immediate FAQ.

I am pretty sure that will be explained and that a characteristic can not be zero too

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Wow, thanks for the answer, that's a lot better than what I thought.

There are A LOT of movement abilities in 4th that will make charges a bit easier. From the top f my head, Redeploy and Power Through will be enough to charge next turn, and Counter-Charge will be good to awesome.

And shooting looks less lethal aswell, and I want to see the full rules about scenery to know when you are considered to be on cover or obscuring, that can be the final nerf to shooting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

We had that rumor of a Morghast Hero unit dual wielding Khopeshes.

It was just ossiarch harpies from upcoming Warcry box against Sylvaneth

2023-09-19a.jpg

14 hours ago, Mcm6495 said:

Out of curiosity, there are rumors about what the Nighthaunt could get in this new edition.

There were some xmas rumor engines that smell Nighthaunt

2023-12-16.png

2023-12-23.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sokhar said:

Hi folks, any ideas about netx preview show ? 

It is very likely after the new edition launch and would cover mainly the post-launch wave, but it is just speculation. Nothing has been confirmed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is very likely after the new edition launch and would cover mainly the post-launch wave, but it is just speculation. Nothing has been confirmed.

I hope we get a few ETB kits (like the Mirebrute Troggoth and the Stormstrike Chariot) as well as new AOS Objectives (!!) with Skaventide Launch before the full Fall Battletomes waves for Skaven and SCE. 

Now that GW changed a few things with its Launch Box marketing (Mat + scenery included, as well as not showing any models at the Trailer Reveal Preview, etc.), everything is possible ...

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes, let's hope such as Dominion celebration style Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

On 13th of July if Elarin's rumors are correct (Date of release of skaventide box)

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I notice that drakes (and maybe other minis like the chariot I guess) were not in this preview, does anyone remembers if there was a 3rd wave? or juste the 2nd wave had 2 different reveals? 

Edited by Vagard